UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Tell me about the craziest guy you've trained with

1/21/13 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading about Cameron earle, I think that we have all had the experience of training with some people who are a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. Lets hear em

Crazy Eric was mine.

He was a kid from my neighborhood. He brought me to my first Bjj class. Some notable Things about him
1. He stopped brushing his teeth because he thought it was unnatural
2. He would bomb hills on skateboard while barefoot: no brakes
3. If he found out you trained, he would want to roll with you right then. I saw him roll in a parking lot on asphalt once
4. He got into surfing for a couple months. Decided it was time for the most dangerous wave in the world: tehapoo in Tahiti. Never having sailed in his life, he and a friend sailed a 28 foot boat to Tahiti. He surfed the wave and ate shit. On his sail home he got dengue fever, the rudder broke, and he had to be rescued.

I also trained with mayhem and Horwich Phone Post
1/21/13 3:52 PM
Angry Bird
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/13 3:52 PM

I don't know what the guy did outside of class, but in class he was the strangest character.

-would scream in submission, when you let go he would jump on you and keep going because he "didn't tap"

- met a Kung Fu master on vacation, came back and told our black belt that the kung fu guy would kick his ass

-smells

-told me that red was my color

-came to class, but couldn't drink water because of his fasting for some holiday

weird guy.

1/21/13 5:14 PM
shen
498 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/13 5:53 PM

Crazy Eric for me too!!!

Once he was in a little tournament, won his first match via craziness, then before his second match they ran a whole separate division. They didn't need his mat so he didn't leave it, he stayed out there pacing back & forth on his unused mat with CrAzY intensity. I noticed his toe was sticking STRAIGHT UP in the air, at a 90-degree angle to his foot. I pointed it out. He stomped on with his other foot until it looked "normal" and went pack to pacing waiting for his match.

He was alone on that empty mat, pacing, with that SAME intensity for 40-minutes straight until they restated his division. He was nuclear powered by craziness.

He was actually a good competitor considering he didn't know much actual "jiu jitsu". He just kinda made it up as he went along and it worked for him. I heard a Blue Belt ask him once, "How do you get out of Side Control" and Eric said, "I don't know man I just go nuts until I get out".

I butted in, "Yeah, but he wants to know what you specifically DO to get out"

Eric said, stone faced, "I have NOOOO idea." As if he had never even considered the topic before. LOL.
1/21/13 5:25 PM
Sugarfoot
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is going to be a great thread!

In high school we had this guy in our team who was either Amish or Menonite (sp). He was always pretty dirty, I don't think they had a washing machine or shower at home. He worked for the local hog farmers and would always smell like shit. His name was Walter.

He was built like a freaking OX. Straight country boy. Anyway, we would run sprints for wrestling conditioning, down and back on the basketball court for an hour before practice. Crazy Walter would run full speed into an unpadded wall from a dead sprint almost every time down the court. The guy wasnt very bright, but everyone hated rolling with him because he was so damn strong and stunk! Phone Post
1/21/13 5:27 PM
Sugarfoot
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Walter also got straight up punched in the face in a wrestling tournament, and just looked at the guy. The dude who punched him was supposed to be some street badass, couldn't believe Walter just shook it off then beat his ass on the mat.

Nicest guy you would ever meet, wouldnt even cuss. Phone Post
1/21/13 6:28 PM
angrypirate
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A real life ninja came to class.

Black ninja suit, tabi boots, the whole deal. He wore a white belt when asked by our instructor.

When we finally got to rolling, the blue belt he was paired up with was tooling him. He caught the ninja in a triangle and the ninja started trying to tiger claw him or something. The ninja wanted to start from standing, blue belt gets him in a single leg, ninja starts chopping him in the back of the neck, blue gets frustrated and gives up.

I rolled with him next, purple and he's got at least 60 lbs on me. Start from sitting guard, guy is on his knees and tries to punch me, told him we dont do that. Next I catch him in a belly down armbar, he wont tap, instructor tells him to, he does so reluctantly making some comments about what he would have done. Next I armdrag him and take his back, he starts trying to break my fingers when I go for a choke. I told him not to, he says we was panicking and needs a breather. Next I catch him in an armbar from guard, he stands up and I put all of my hips into it, he taps quick, needs another break. Then he stands up when we begin the roll, I tripod sweep him, leg drag pass and he tries to kick me in the face with his other leg. I get side control and start working an americana, he starts kneeing me in the ribs, at this point I tell him if we wants to fight for real then lets do it.

He says he's done. Goes into the bathroom throws up all over the sink. Instructor goes into check on him, guy tries to give him a sales pitch on how ninjitsu is superior because they use weapons. Guy proceeds to open his gym bag and its "filled with all kinds of creepy shit" (words of my instructor). Ninja has throwing stars, rope, lots of knives, blowgun and airsoft guns. He finally leaves after coming out of the bathroom and making sure everyone in the gym knows that he's in the area now and looking to teach somewhere. EPIC
1/21/13 6:45 PM
X_Rated
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angrypirate - A real life ninja came to class.

Black ninja suit, tabi boots, the whole deal. He wore a white belt when asked by our instructor.

When we finally got to rolling, the blue belt he was paired up with was tooling him. He caught the ninja in a triangle and the ninja started trying to tiger claw him or something. The ninja wanted to start from standing, blue belt gets him in a single leg, ninja starts chopping him in the back of the neck, blue gets frustrated and gives up.

I rolled with him next, purple and he's got at least 60 lbs on me. Start from sitting guard, guy is on his knees and tries to punch me, told him we dont do that. Next I catch him in a belly down armbar, he wont tap, instructor tells him to, he does so reluctantly making some comments about what he would have done. Next I armdrag him and take his back, he starts trying to break my fingers when I go for a choke. I told him not to, he says we was panicking and needs a breather. Next I catch him in an armbar from guard, he stands up and I put all of my hips into it, he taps quick, needs another break. Then he stands up when we begin the roll, I tripod sweep him, leg drag pass and he tries to kick me in the face with his other leg. I get side control and start working an americana, he starts kneeing me in the ribs, at this point I tell him if we wants to fight for real then lets do it.

He says he's done. Goes into the bathroom throws up all over the sink. Instructor goes into check on him, guy tries to give him a sales pitch on how ninjitsu is superior because they use weapons. Guy proceeds to open his gym bag and its "filled with all kinds of creepy shit" (words of my instructor). Ninja has throwing stars, rope, lots of knives, blowgun and airsoft guns. He finally leaves after coming out of the bathroom and making sure everyone in the gym knows that he's in the area now and looking to teach somewhere. EPIC
You win Phone Post
1/21/13 6:49 PM
andre
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely crazy Eric. I wonder what he's up to now. Phone Post
1/21/13 6:51 PM
Angry Bird

X_Rated - 
angrypirate - A real life ninja came to class.

You win Phone Post

no kidding he wins
1/21/13 7:22 PM
elitecmbt
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angrypirate - A real life ninja came to class.

I bet if you wouldn't have been a pussy and let him use his throwin' stars, you wouldn't be braggin bout how you kicked a ninja ass.
1/21/13 7:37 PM
The Mat Pimp
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Notable entries from Hawaii:

1. Adam Mau-Goffredo, currently serving time for a triple homicide. He came to Relson's and was so weird that Relson asked him to just sit on the side and watch for a while. He would sit there for HOURS taking notes for several days, then finally just disappeared. Three days later, he was making headlines for opening fire on a taxi driver and two poor tourists who happened to witness it, then taking a whole family hostage.

2. Marcelo Tigre; also crazy bordering on psychotic. When I trained with him he was getting ready for a superbrawl even against Egan Inoue in which he got himself DQ'd for stomping on Egan's head. I was just a dumb blue belt at the time (am still dumb), but I am a big guy so Relson would throw me in the rotation. He was utterly nuts. If he was winning, he would hold me down and slap my face or saw his forearm on my ears to make them cauliflower up. If I, or anyone, would start to get a good position he would get nuts and throw up kicks and other stuff...all when we were just grappling. He was like a pit bull, getting more and more crazed as the practice would go on.

3. "Master" Brian...crazy hillbilly who would never wash his gi. There are too many stories about this guy to go on, but the final one was we are all warming up and stretching out and Relson is getting ready to start class. Master Brian is a blue belt, but he decides today is his day, and he asks Relson: "If I can beat you right now, will you give me my black belt?" Relson says, "yes". Class is cancelled, doors are closed, lights are dimmed (not really) and Relson beat him crosseyed. I can't even remember the way he got finished, but he was a mess by the end.

1/21/13 7:51 PM
meatrokket
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck, I wanna hear moar! Phone Post
1/21/13 8:18 PM
MickColins
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love that the dude calls out Relson. Out of anyone in Bjj to call out, he's in the top 3 of worst to fuck with. Phone Post
1/21/13 8:28 PM
seek

Matpimp

Tell me you're kidding about Brian!

We called him "YODA" too!

1/21/13 9:05 PM
checkuroil
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking crazy Eric with three votes so far. Phone Post
1/21/13 9:35 PM
patches

master brian..lol....picking a fight with relson...omfg!!
1/21/13 9:36 PM
Sugarfoot

Did "Master" Hillbilly ever get his Black Belt? Or was that the end? I must know moar of his Hillbilly ways! Do any of these guys lurk here, because I would love to hear their version of these stories! Phone Post
1/21/13 9:42 PM
patches

i just typed a good one about Reverend anthony anf my HIV positive computer ate it....mutha fucka
1/21/13 9:46 PM
T-Ham
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing Phone Post
1/21/13 9:48 PM
patches

long story short this holy roller rev anthony rolled with me lost his shit stood over me fist clinched looking to punch me..i kick him off and stand up, the dude is standing ready to fight...i tell him "unclinch your fists"!!...the whole class comes to a standstill...he doesnt listen...i rip my gi off and double leg him ...put him on his back against the wall and stand over him ready to kill him...he was later told to apologize to me while i was in the shower.....i wonder if god told him it was ok to be a dick
1/21/13 9:50 PM
TJits73
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for epic stories.
1/21/13 9:52 PM
Pride Wanderlei

I was going to post about this Marine who would go 110% at all times and WOO anytime he advanced position and would WOO and YELL I love this! Everytime he would tap someone out....but that story seems really normally next to what ive been reading. Phone Post
1/21/13 9:53 PM
ElPulpo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Brian is by far the craziest. Tehapoo ain't got shit on Relson.
1/21/13 10:05 PM
SiuHung
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We had some guy from Serbia. My best assesment is that he is at least mildly learning disabled. He never participated in class, only wanted to roll/spar in kickboxing/randori in Judo. He was all in strong and had that "goat eyes" look that made a person wonder if he had a soul. He was also spastic as hell, something like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum, and would stiffen up his entire body whenever any technique was being applied on him, especially throws. My understanding gleaned from his limited ability to communicate in english indicated he wanted to fight MMA. He would often skillessly punch and kick at a heavy bag like it was the tenth round of a world championship.

One day at an open mat I agreed to roll with him...I'm easily 20 years older. He stood up in my guard and started throwing punches at my face with no warning and a crazed expression. Without a single thought I sickle sweapt him as hard as I could and sent him into the nearby drywall. Left a big hole in the wall that I helped repair later after describing the situation to my teacher.

Never saw him again.
1/21/13 10:16 PM
gusto

master brian had some balls

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.