UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Tell me about the craziest guy you've trained with

1/24/13 3:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Daniel/CGJJ
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 3:56 AM
edit double post
1/24/13 5:31 AM
lets get dangerous
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil -
zunk1 -

there was a guy that came through for a bit that claimed he never trained before but seemed like he had about a years experience . he got the nickname Crabman cause he looked like crabman from My Name is Earl. he knew basic movements and his way around the mats, was athletic. He ended up training for several months and when asked how long he had ben training he would say 2 months even though he had been with us probably 7-8. he would roll in a skintight white turtle neck and sometimes pajama pants. he would try to heel hook you almost any chance he got. he also looked about 21 but would tell people he was in his 30s though he had no car and would be picked up by what we think was his mother.  I heard a story but wasn't there that our instructor asked if anyone spoke japanese cause there was a student in town that didn't know english and he said yeah i do and proceeded to speak english in an over the top japanese accent. People thought he was kidding or being racist but he was being dead serious. There is a brown belt that has a money triangle escape and was asked to try to get out of crabman's triangle just to sort of show it, well crabman tried to switch to a bellydown armbar though it was supposed to be just an exercise of sorts and the brown belt did not take it well and nearly beat the breaks off the kid after escaping. he eventually moved. 

That kid then went to Hawaii and claimed he was a brown belt.

The thing about him was that the moves he used were specifically Bjj moves and escapes. You can't naturally do de la riva to fifty fifty to a heel hook. Phone Post
Hahahaha I went to a bbq at my friends house. I have known my friend for around 17 years. He tells me his little cousin who is in his early 20s just moved back from cali and I need to meet him because he trains bjj. I meet the guy and he tells me so and so gave him his brown belt and he will be testing for his black this next summer. Shit how long you been training? 4 years he tells me. My buddy says ueah he been saying hes been tearing it up in cali so shit I think I gotta get this kid on my team if he just moved here. He apparently smashed a bunch of guys so thats how he got promoted so quickly.

I take him to our open mat a few weeks later and me and another blue belt rape him on the mat and sub the shit out of him. He tried to heel hook me but I defended it then choked the bejesus out of him. He had my back later and I popped his elbow with an arm lock........ as he had my back.

He showed some other guys that night the video of him getting his blue from his instructor but but lost the videos of his subsequent purple and brown belts. With how famous his instructor was I don't think I would have lost the footage in a cooking accident but saved the blue promotion on the same phone that was destroyed lol

He also told stories of training for free because he subbed his black belt instructor and hooked up his instructor and team with fine cuisine because he is a world known chef and is wanting to open up a restaurant/gym here in hawaii.

I asked my friend what was up with his little cousin and my friend got embarrassed after his initial shock of me taking shit about his lil cuz. It sunk in though and I think he realized something was off. I never bring his lil cousin up anymore cause I hate hurting my friends feelings cause hes always been a stand up honest dude for as long as I've known him and has gone to war for me in some dangerous teenage times. But he did say "theres one in every family" Phone Post
1/24/13 1:14 PM
zunk1
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lets get dangerous - 
checkuroil -
zunk1 -

there was a guy that came through for a bit that claimed he never trained before but seemed like he had about a years experience . he got the nickname Crabman cause he looked like crabman from My Name is Earl. he knew basic movements and his way around the mats, was athletic. He ended up training for several months and when asked how long he had ben training he would say 2 months even though he had been with us probably 7-8. he would roll in a skintight white turtle neck and sometimes pajama pants. he would try to heel hook you almost any chance he got. he also looked about 21 but would tell people he was in his 30s though he had no car and would be picked up by what we think was his mother.  I heard a story but wasn't there that our instructor asked if anyone spoke japanese cause there was a student in town that didn't know english and he said yeah i do and proceeded to speak english in an over the top japanese accent. People thought he was kidding or being racist but he was being dead serious. There is a brown belt that has a money triangle escape and was asked to try to get out of crabman's triangle just to sort of show it, well crabman tried to switch to a bellydown armbar though it was supposed to be just an exercise of sorts and the brown belt did not take it well and nearly beat the breaks off the kid after escaping. he eventually moved. 

That kid then went to Hawaii and claimed he was a brown belt.

The thing about him was that the moves he used were specifically Bjj moves and escapes. You can't naturally do de la riva to fifty fifty to a heel hook. Phone Post
Hahahaha I went to a bbq at my friends house. I have known my friend for around 17 years. He tells me his little cousin who is in his early 20s just moved back from cali and I need to meet him because he trains bjj. I meet the guy and he tells me so and so gave him his brown belt and he will be testing for his black this next summer. Shit how long you been training? 4 years he tells me. My buddy says ueah he been saying hes been tearing it up in cali so shit I think I gotta get this kid on my team if he just moved here. He apparently smashed a bunch of guys so thats how he got promoted so quickly.

I take him to our open mat a few weeks later and me and another blue belt rape him on the mat and sub the shit out of him. He tried to heel hook me but I defended it then choked the bejesus out of him. He had my back later and I popped his elbow with an arm lock........ as he had my back.

He showed some other guys that night the video of him getting his blue from his instructor but but lost the videos of his subsequent purple and brown belts. With how famous his instructor was I don't think I would have lost the footage in a cooking accident but saved the blue promotion on the same phone that was destroyed lol

He also told stories of training for free because he subbed his black belt instructor and hooked up his instructor and team with fine cuisine because he is a world known chef and is wanting to open up a restaurant/gym here in hawaii.

I asked my friend what was up with his little cousin and my friend got embarrassed after his initial shock of me taking shit about his lil cuz. It sunk in though and I think he realized something was off. I never bring his lil cousin up anymore cause I hate hurting my friends feelings cause hes always been a stand up honest dude for as long as I've known him and has gone to war for me in some dangerous teenage times. But he did say "theres one in every family" Phone Post

ha yep that's him, he claimed he was some famous chef again he looks about 19-20 so that would make him some unheard of prodigy in cooking too. He did get his blue belt so that part is the only thing true in his story. i like how he went from sandbagging to promoting himself both sides of the bullshit spectrum. 

1/24/13 1:33 PM
checkuroil
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was claiming to work as a chef at the premiere steak house in Los Angeles. I smelled bs with that right away.

I will say that he definitely had some potential. However his attitude will get him nowhere. Phone Post
1/24/13 2:19 PM
lets get dangerous
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah his skill was solid blue belt and he was pretty strong/athletic. A shame that he had to act the way he did because him being my friends cousin I would have done everything to make sure he was taken care of training wise out here.

At first I thought he thought I didn't really train and could get away with a bbq embellishment but I asked him 3x "you sure you are a brown belt?" And with a straight face said "yes" even afyer I told him a guy or two I train with previously trained at the gym he came from and how small this community is. Phone Post
1/24/13 2:53 PM
checkuroil
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah. That dude was pathological. I got some emails from people in Hawaii asking about him. It hurts me that he's out there ruining my teams name with his bs.

He was also a dangerous training partner. So it's not really your loss Phone Post
1/25/13 7:35 AM
Jessy30
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for more stories! Phone Post
1/25/13 8:01 AM
Stipe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angrypirate - A real life ninja came to class.

Black ninja suit, tabi boots, the whole deal. He wore a white belt when asked by our instructor.

When we finally got to rolling, the blue belt he was paired up with was tooling him. He caught the ninja in a triangle and the ninja started trying to tiger claw him or something. The ninja wanted to start from standing, blue belt gets him in a single leg, ninja starts chopping him in the back of the neck, blue gets frustrated and gives up.

I rolled with him next, purple and he's got at least 60 lbs on me. Start from sitting guard, guy is on his knees and tries to punch me, told him we dont do that. Next I catch him in a belly down armbar, he wont tap, instructor tells him to, he does so reluctantly making some comments about what he would have done. Next I armdrag him and take his back, he starts trying to break my fingers when I go for a choke. I told him not to, he says we was panicking and needs a breather. Next I catch him in an armbar from guard, he stands up and I put all of my hips into it, he taps quick, needs another break. Then he stands up when we begin the roll, I tripod sweep him, leg drag pass and he tries to kick me in the face with his other leg. I get side control and start working an americana, he starts kneeing me in the ribs, at this point I tell him if we wants to fight for real then lets do it.

He says he's done. Goes into the bathroom throws up all over the sink. Instructor goes into check on him, guy tries to give him a sales pitch on how ninjitsu is superior because they use weapons. Guy proceeds to open his gym bag and its "filled with all kinds of creepy shit" (words of my instructor). Ninja has throwing stars, rope, lots of knives, blowgun and airsoft guns. He finally leaves after coming out of the bathroom and making sure everyone in the gym knows that he's in the area now and looking to teach somewhere. EPIC

There is really no point in having new guys roll on their first class (or the first several classes, for that matter). They simply don't know what to do and what to practice.

So it makes sense to first have them learn some; otherwise you just have injuries happening and bad habits forming (both in the technique and the rolling mentality).
1/25/13 11:32 AM
locoslam1970
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a judo teacher who wouldn't wash his gi for like a month before a tournament and would eat raw onions before his fights lol I guess any advantage would do for him. never understood that cause he was very good lol Phone Post
1/25/13 7:51 PM
cortXbomb

We had a guy who had some kind of ADD or ADHD or some other learning disability. He would talk to himself a lot and psych himself out of being able to learn anything. He worked hard and was in great shape but he couldn't pull it together mentally.

There's a gi choke called amasa pao. From mount, you hold the lapel on both sides, pull with one and push the other with a fist under the jaw. We had been shown it a few times in class.

I got paired up with this guy in a no gi class to roll.

I pull guard. So he's in my guard with no gi and he grabs my rash guard with one hand and raises the other menacingly. He yells "amasa... POW!" and punches me in the chin.

I don't know whether to laugh or beat him up so I do both. I throw up a triangle and he stacks me all the way up on my neck. I slam him to the floor sideways with my legs 'cause his balance is way off and I finish the triangle. He taps and decides he's done rolling for the day.
1/25/13 8:40 PM
Braxmax

June Elliot in NC. Look her up on FB. Stalk her posts and send her a friend request. It's worth the effort. Pics are awesome an she actually got a gig writing articles for bjj today or something.

Picture a 40 yr old woman self proclaimed "vale tudo" fighter. She also freely talks about her add and ailments. I can't even begin to explain it but her FB says it all. You can get lost for hours reading her posts whole your jaw is literally on the floor. Being in the same bjj or mauy Thai class is an experience like no other. Actually being her drilling or sparring partner is an experience that will never be forgotten. Weird. As. Fuck. Phone Post
1/25/13 9:31 PM
Braxmax

June Louise Elliott (June Louise elia).

Seriously worth it for the lolz Phone Post
1/26/13 1:28 AM
ColeMillerATT
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw a guy 2 months ago scream while being stuck in a key lock, then go on to say that he wasnt tapping and one would have to kill him before he tapped. He was asked to leave. the worst for me is the guy that literally hand fights and moves away for the entire rolling time not making any attempt to do any kind of offense at all.

1/26/13 9:13 AM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/13 9:13 AM
there was:

1. army guy - showed up and insisted on going full on w/ strikes. "That shit don't work if i can hit you." We just humored ourselves UNTIL he decided to thrash a 12 yr. old we let train in the adult class. kid had potential and was big for his age. I promptly beat the piss out of him in the next roll. at one point i made sure to try and get him to puke from my side mount. he left w/ a swollen face... he came back. finally i just told him that if he didn't chill i'd break something. he left.

2. "Mike" - "Mike" was not Mike. he was this transplant from afghanistan. mike is a kyokushin bb and a tough SOB. SUPER respectful and nice guy. he wasn't crazy per se but just the realest dude i've met in terms of "he probably has seen some shit".... he had several wives and his fatehr was the head of a large tribe/clan there. showed me lots of pics of him and his fam back home w/ AK's and other warfare.... we have a mutual friend in the guy who gav ehim his BB in kyokushin... he flat out told me "I will kill for him. If you or him have problem, call me... i will finish problem." Just a super nice guy, but I know i would never want to cross him.
1/26/13 3:54 PM
hougrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was this old guy like in his early fifties and he was a pretty big guy(country strong) and he talked like Hulk Hogan being interviewed sometimes
"What are you gonna do BROTHER when I come for YUUUUUUU"
He'd like telling everyone about his life story in the changing room. If he talked about something current he would begin his story 10 yrs back and make his way to current day.So it would take a lifetime to finish his stories. Apparently he was a hell raiser in his younger days and the times caught up with him. He would stop mid sentence sometimes bc he would forget what he was talking about.
ANyway, during training if you got a good position on him he would begin to laugh uncontrollably. Weird as shit
When he would get side control on a guy he would oil check the poor bastard or at least get a handfull of ass cheek and use it as a handle.The instructor had to tell him to stop but he wouldnt get it bc it was okk in his wrestling days and at his other bjj school and thought the instuctor was justed hassling him but the other students would tell him the same thing. All the years of drug abuse (as he would tell us about his partying days) had caught up with him. He winded up moving on to another place, but that was a weird cat
1/26/13 3:57 PM
hougrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also forgot to add this guy had the old man farting going on. Smelled like stale cabbage. He would use this as a defense mechanism when he would get in trouble like when someone was passing his guard or you were about to submit hhim. you either stopped from the smell or you held your breathe while you subbed him and then complain about it. Again the instructor would talk to him about this and he would just be baffled as to what he did wrong
1/27/13 4:39 AM
winga
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
1/27/13 4:49 AM
JasonGV
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - 
Crazy Eric for me too!!!

Once he was in a little tournament, won his first match via craziness, then before his second match they ran a whole separate division. They didn't need his mat so he didn't leave it, he stayed out there pacing back & forth on his unused mat with CrAzY intensity. I noticed his toe was sticking STRAIGHT UP in the air, at a 90-degree angle to his foot. I pointed it out. He stomped on with his other foot until it looked "normal" and went pack to pacing waiting for his match.

He was alone on that empty mat, pacing, with that SAME intensity for 40-minutes straight until they restated his division. He was nuclear powered by craziness.

He was actually a good competitor considering he didn't know much actual "jiu jitsu". He just kinda made it up as he went along and it worked for him. I heard a Blue Belt ask him once, "How do you get out of Side Control" and Eric said, "I don't know man I just go nuts until I get out".

I butted in, "Yeah, but he wants to know what you specifically DO to get out"

Eric said, stone faced, "I have NOOOO idea." As if he had never even considered the topic before. LOL.

Ok, I am now and forever more answering ANY and ALL questions with:

"I don't know man I just go nuts until I get out"

As for crazy... *sigh* There was this pseudo JKD guy we had around. I think he used that Bruce Lee philosophy about keeping what was useful and getting rid of what wasn't just to try the latest gimmck. It was always some shit. Like I think he did the crazy monkey boxing defense in the closed guard, keep in mind this was GI BJJ and he would just bust out with that when I went to grab his collar. And Batman Begins was a big deal because of the Kasey Fighting Method they used which was some Spanish street fighting nonsense. So we had to deal with elbows and other whacky shit.

1/27/13 5:03 AM
JasonGV
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh wait, there was the time we had to teach someone to walk. Yup, grown ass man, terrible coordination, did a few classes. We were doing stand up, can't remember exactly what, but he wouldn't stop shuffling forward. We kept telling him, just walk. Even showed him. Right foot, left foot, right. Look motherfucker you walked IN HERE doing it why can't you do it now?!?!?!
1/28/13 6:40 AM
ozjiujitsu
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JasonGV -
shen - 
Crazy Eric for me too!!!

Once he was in a little tournament, won his first match via craziness, then before his second match they ran a whole separate division. They didn't need his mat so he didn't leave it, he stayed out there pacing back & forth on his unused mat with CrAzY intensity. I noticed his toe was sticking STRAIGHT UP in the air, at a 90-degree angle to his foot. I pointed it out. He stomped on with his other foot until it looked "normal" and went pack to pacing waiting for his match.

He was alone on that empty mat, pacing, with that SAME intensity for 40-minutes straight until they restated his division. He was nuclear powered by craziness.

He was actually a good competitor considering he didn't know much actual "jiu jitsu". He just kinda made it up as he went along and it worked for him. I heard a Blue Belt ask him once, "How do you get out of Side Control" and Eric said, "I don't know man I just go nuts until I get out".

Eric said, stone faced, "I have NOOOO idea." As if he had never even considered the topic before. LOL.

As for crazy... *sigh* There was this pseudo JKD guy we had around. I think he used that Bruce Lee philosophy about keeping what was useful and getting rid of what wasn't just to try the latest gimmck. It was always some shit. Like I think he did the crazy monkey boxing defense in the closed guard, keep in mind this was GI BJJ and he would just bust out with that when I went to grab his collar. And Batman Begins was a big deal because of the Kasey Fighting Method they used which was some Spanish street fighting nonsense. So we had to deal with elbows and other whacky shit.

What is this crazy monkey stuff?? I have only heard a little about it? Is it as its name suggests?? Slightly crazy aswell? Phone Post
1/28/13 6:56 AM
JasonGV

ozjiujitsu - 
JasonGV -
shen - 
Crazy Eric for me too!!!

What is this crazy monkey stuff?? I have only heard a little about it? Is it as its name suggests?? Slightly crazy aswell? Phone Post

A guy named Rodney King (not that one) came up with it; he was associated with SBG at one point. It basically involves keeping your hands up all the time, but much higher than a boxing guard; so knuckles at temple rather than chin height. Then use elbow blocks to cover punches. Its all over YouTube.

Its dumb. Its even dumber when people do it in closed guard to defend collar grips.
1/28/13 1:53 PM
cumprido1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ that is absolutely awesome Phone Post
1/28/13 4:32 PM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patsully98 -  Instead of "in," I will now say, "I be there with bomb." Phone Post

LOL!
1/28/13 4:41 PM
JasonGV

Heel Hooker - Nothing as good as some posted before but

Had one guy who asked the dumbest questions every time my Prof would show a tech and this continued until he was a purple belt. One day we were doing triangles and he asked the Prof waht to do if someone bites your balls. My prof. freaked and won't answer his questions during class anymore.

Another guy who would wear MMA gloves in Gi classes to prepare for his mma debut that never came.

Another guy was just a psycho and would never tap and would do cheap moves like dig his knuckles into your jaw and shit. He sucked but people were so worried about hurting him they'd give up subs just to get him to move on to someone else. One day he never came back and found out he beat a baby to death and became a muslim in prison (he's white).

Another guy claimed to a be a purple belt from Brazil and was waiting for a fight in Pride (in early 2000's). He told everyone his name was Royce and would pronouce everything with an R with an H and talk in an accent. Someone found out his real name was Mike and he was from Canada. SO he comes in and everyone says "Mike" like Norm from cheers and he turned and left and never came back.

Talking about guys with fake accents... There was a guy who insisted on saying "guard" as "gward", apparently that's how brazilians say it. Anyway, this infuriated everyone but he kept doing it until ROYCE GRACIE corrected his shit and just told him to stop it in a fucking seminar.
1/28/13 7:15 PM
Novato
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I know the chef guy too!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.