UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: I do believe I can beat Anderson Silva

1/21/13 5:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"One reason I decided not to [move to middleweight] was because I was like, 'Why would I drop to 185 just to be in the same spot I’m in at 205?' It didn’t make any sense to me. If an opportunity came along that made more sense then it would be worth the sacrifice. If it was a title shot or against a really good, top contender something like that, it would be something that people wanted to see, it would be something I would think about. I’m already at the top of my division and for me to go down to 185 is kind of like now I’ve got to start over and prove myself at 185. Because I am good at 205, but whose to say I’d be the same fighter at 185 when I cut that weight? There’s a lot of variables that can come into play.

When my career’s all said and done I want to be able to look back and say I competed against some of the best guys ever in history. To me to be able to get a chance to compete against Anderson Silva would just be an amazing experience, and something I’d be able to take with me forever, to be able to say I went against the best guy and beat the best guy. I do believe I can beat Anderson Silva, and I believe that the skills that I have is something he’d have hard time dealing with, but to compete against the guy, first and foremost, would be an honor in and of itself."

read entire article...

1/21/13 5:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be a good fight Phone Post
1/21/13 5:47 PM
le

I'd love to see it. Phone Post
1/21/13 5:48 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Very interesting match up stylistically. He had the tools to do it. Phone Post
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be a great fight, but I do not believe he will beat Silva. Not even close..

-has Phone Post
1/21/13 5:50 PM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been wanting this fight for a while. Would LOVE to see it.

1/21/13 5:53 PM
MostUGersAreGhey

TheMentalisT - I am a big fan of Rashad now a days, he has honestly transformed into a very humble guy who says all the right things.

Never liked him before, but he is growing on me.

This would be a great fight, Rashad is definitely the stronger guy.

This. Rashad has come a long ways since his days in the TUF house.
1/21/13 5:58 PM
cool hand Ed
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
MostUGersAreGhey -
TheMentalisT - I am a big fan of Rashad now a days, he has honestly transformed into a very humble guy who says all the right things.

This. Rashad has come a long ways since his days in the TUF house.
Yep Phone Post
Hell yes! I'm a big fan now! War Rashad! Phone Post
1/21/13 5:59 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

hes not getting good advice.  he probably has to win 2-3 more fights to get a shot at 205. he probably only needs 1 win to face anderson 

1/21/13 6:00 PM
Fabes
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Id love to see Hashad vs Silva. Sick fight. Phone Post
1/21/13 6:01 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The same rashad that fought Jones is not on Anderson Silva's level. Silva would knock Rashad out. I'm a fan and a supporter of him but it wouldn't go down well. We have already seen the peak of Rashad. Looking forward to the rest of Rashad's battles.
1/21/13 6:01 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He would still lose...

But it is the perfect fight to make now considering the lack of options they have.

I would be much more interested in seeing this fight then the Silva vs Lombard fight (but then again i do not expect him to get the shot because i think Okami will win.....but for argument sake).

It would give the division enough to settle on the real contender and it might bring the possibility of either superfights involving Silva a little closer.

Lets hope Rashad comes out of the little Nog fight unscathed and set this thing up.

1/21/13 6:05 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win or lose its a great match up.
1/21/13 6:09 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

He had the chance to Anderson at 205 more than once and took a pass.... Phone Post
1/21/13 6:10 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

TheMentalisT - I am a big fan of Rashad now a days, he has honestly transformed into a very humble guy who says all the right things.

One would have thought bonnar was the stronger Guy too.... Phone Post
1/21/13 6:11 PM
youarewhatiswrong
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see it. Let's see Rashad vs. Weidman, or Lombard, or Rockhold.
1/21/13 6:12 PM

Strength doesn't matter if you can't hit him or get ahold of him. Phone Post
1/21/13 6:16 PM
dmjr98
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight for suga! A's fan a fan I'd much rather see him avenge his losses to jones/machida but a win over silva would be great for his legacy Phone Post
1/21/13 6:34 PM
John Nic

The only person who stands a chance at beating Anderson is jones. Evans is a beast but he's no Anderson silva. Would like to see this fight though. Phone Post
1/21/13 6:35 PM
sevr1

This is the best fight for both guys at the current time. Plus, if there's anyone who has a good shot at beating Anderson, it's Rashad. His MMA wrestling is as good as Chael's, but his ground and pound is much more powerful.

Though, if he tries to stand, he'll likely get picked apart from a distance.
1/21/13 6:35 PM
inf0
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is getting good at this comedy stuff.

1/21/13 6:47 PM
ruggets4nuggets

Edited: 01/21/13 10:01 PM
I really thought after losing to Jones he would make the drop to 185. Seems like he has enough speed already and would probably carry a nice strength advantage down. Not to mention it seems like he has already fought everyone at lhw.
1/21/13 6:49 PM
Auron Heidenrach

I'd love to see Hashad VS Henderson
1/21/13 6:53 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would be good to see anderson face evans (a top 205er) since anderson is scared to face jones. Maybe if anderson won it would give him some REAL confidence @ 205.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.