UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Feet move when squatting.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/21/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestCoastMexican
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I spread my feet out 30 degrees go down but then when I look at my feet my toes are further out then 30 and don't stay in the same position. I'm able to do my set but unable to keep my toes in the right direction :(.

Any advice? Phone Post
1/21/13 11:10 PM
turducken

maybe your feet are moving into their natural position? there is nothing magical about 30 degrees
1/21/13 11:18 PM
WestCoastMexican

turducken - maybe your feet are moving into their natural position? there is nothing magical about 30 degrees
Isn't it bad it your feet spread more then 40 degrees? I've been tripping out over this all day practicing lol. Phone Post
1/22/13 5:47 AM
Chocolate Shatner
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have no pain, then no. Sure, some people will debate endlessly about foot angle and shit, but if you can lift the weight, have no pain, and feel comfortable, who gives a fuck?
1/23/13 1:47 PM
ColeMillerATT
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i know this is a generalized answer but all your weight should be in your heels when doing squats, if your feet are moving consider dropping the weight a good bit and just practicing keeping  the feet still as you work the weight up. 

If your knees are the problem and your feet are moving to stabilize bc your knees are so bad, consider doing body weight only Anterior Reaches to build balance and strength throughout the leg. 

2/1/13 6:12 PM
andyman011

trblesum13 - Not trying to be douche, just saying If you were squatting with at least 80% of your 1 Rep max, it would be difficult to move your feet without knowing it. Phone Post
Nobody said he was doing 80% and yes your feet will move with any type of non crushing weight. You do sound like a douche. Phone Post
2/2/13 12:20 AM
andyman011

trblesum13 - ^^^^ Your obviously a keyboard warrior . Phone Post
Coming from the guy saying put down the light weight. You don't even know how much he lifts. A lot of people have this problem I see a lot move their feet. To say putting on more weight will fix this is retarded. Did you even think it through. If his body is telling him he's off balance and moves his feet, what would more weight accomplish, hold him to the floor? I think gravity's got that one covered. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:24 PM
HERTSWENIP
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop squatting on ice.
2/5/13 9:35 PM
tristar
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be an issue with your ankle mobility
2/6/13 1:33 PM
None So Blind
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck, my feet point out at ~50 degrees when my knees point straight forward :-P

Made doing side kicks in karate class a bitch, way back when - my instructor used to kid me that nature did not want me doing side kicks since my feet were never in proper position at full extension, LOL.

Maybe I should have worn corrective shoes or some such as a kid, I dunno - but this has never stopped me from squatting, and my knees are perfectly fine even after getting to some heavy weights with this fucked-up anthropometry...
2/6/13 4:14 PM
1800champagne

Mobility problem Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.