UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My take on "Sex Appeal"

1/22/13 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As Katt Williams would say "By all means, make your paper, boo boo"

1/22/13 2:06 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gregnog - 
Archer0545 - 
gregnog - I understand the age old debate of women using sex appeal to get a leg up. It works the same for men to, just not as prominent.

That being said. I can't take Felice seriously. Even going on to that TMZ show with the tube top and pig tails... it just seems so corny. I thought Gina's weigh ins where she tried to be as dainty and cutesy as possible was just as awkward. Ronda started doing it to after she got popular.

Make that money. Get your brand out there. Do what you need to do. Don't expect me to take you seriously though.
I picture you mowing the lawn in the summer with shorts and black socks with those little things that hold them up yelling at those pesky neighbor kids when they cut across your lawn!
Felice is awsome! Phone Post

I appreciate a hot chick just like everyone else. The discussion is old though. If you want to sell your brand while in underwear, go for it. But in my eyes you are just some person in underwear trying to make money. Even as a big MMA fan I still only hear about her because of a sexy photo, or when this exact discussion comes up. That was how I was introduced to her as well. Just like some other people have said, if I wanted some boobies I would go look for some boobies. Having it blasted in to my face anytime WMMA comes up is meh.

Why not? Male fighters do their muscle poses for promo shots and I don't see you complaining. Oh wait, I just figured it out.
1/22/13 2:13 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
gregnog - 
Archer0545 - 
gregnog - I understand the age old debate of women using sex appeal to get a leg up. It works the same for men to, just not as prominent.

That being said. I can't take Felice seriously. Even going on to that TMZ show with the tube top and pig tails... it just seems so corny. I thought Gina's weigh ins where she tried to be as dainty and cutesy as possible was just as awkward. Ronda started doing it to after she got popular.

Make that money. Get your brand out there. Do what you need to do. Don't expect me to take you seriously though.
I picture you mowing the lawn in the summer with shorts and black socks with those little things that hold them up yelling at those pesky neighbor kids when they cut across your lawn!
Felice is awsome! Phone Post

I appreciate a hot chick just like everyone else. The discussion is old though. If you want to sell your brand while in underwear, go for it. But in my eyes you are just some person in underwear trying to make money. Even as a big MMA fan I still only hear about her because of a sexy photo, or when this exact discussion comes up. That was how I was introduced to her as well. Just like some other people have said, if I wanted some boobies I would go look for some boobies. Having it blasted in to my face anytime WMMA comes up is meh.

Why not? Male fighters do their muscle poses for promo shots and I don't see you complaining. Oh wait, I just figured it out.

"You're gay because you disagree with me."

You can try and inject as much wit into that statement as you want, it'll always reveal you to be an unintelligent fuck.
1/22/13 2:16 PM
HexRei

Edited: 01/22/13 2:19 PM
The last part was a joke, but I was making a valid point. Why is it ok for men to promote themselves with their bodies but not women?

Also, what does it actually mean to call someone a fuck? "you are a sex"? Oh no! my feelers is all hurty!
1/22/13 2:19 PM
DeuceDroppin

HexRei - The last part was a joke, but I was making a valid point. Why is it ok for men to promote themselves with their bodies but not women?
Like Roy Nelson. He is known for his body, and I'm being serious! Phone Post
1/22/13 2:22 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your hair is in the way in a couple of those pics any chance we could do a re-shoot?
1/22/13 2:26 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - The last part was a joke, but I was making a valid point. Why is it ok for men to promote themselves with their bodies but not women?

Also, what does it actually mean to call someone a fuck? "you are a sex"? Oh no! my feelers is all hurty!

Precisely... you are a sex. And because of the last 7 words in your post, I can't help but hear Ronda Rousey's voice when I read your posts. I don't even mean that as an insult, and I don't even know why.

But if you can name some male fighters that promotes themselves in the same way as Felice, you may have a point.
1/22/13 2:29 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 
HexRei - The last part was a joke, but I was making a valid point. Why is it ok for men to promote themselves with their bodies but not women?

Precisely... you are a sex. And because of the last 7 words in your post, I can't help but hear Ronda Rousey's voice when I read your posts. I don't even mean that as an insult, and I don't even know why.

But if you can name some male fighters that promotes themselves in the same way as Felice, you may have a point.

Sexyama
1/22/13 2:34 PM
Archer0545

Uh....trigg. Phone Post
1/22/13 2:39 PM
MmanBearPig

Honda thinks Gsp gets sales because he is the sex too
1/22/13 2:40 PM
BigMatt81
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More pics..... Less Talky Phone Post
1/22/13 2:42 PM
DeuceDroppin

MmanBearPig -
RileyPust - 

Sexyama
Baroni FTW!! Phone Post
1/22/13 2:45 PM
iwt2001
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mother Teresa could make a post here (or anywhere on the Internet) and get negative comments.

Opinions here are closer to what people truly think about you than what you'd get in person. In person, people censor themselves much more. When you go online and assume people have the same level of self-restraint, you'll feel like you're being more harshly judged due to more negative comments but in reality most of them wouldn't be said to you face to face.

Some fighters know this (example: Bec), and understand that having a small proportion of haters is an UNAVOIDABLE part of increased popularity. What would you rather have, 1 million fans and 1000 haters, or 1000 fans and 1 hater? The sooner you can accept this, the easier your time will be.
1/22/13 2:48 PM
HexRei

Edited: 01/22/13 2:50 PM
RileyPust - 

Well, there are the guys mentioned like Baroni, Sexayama that literally have made money off their looks. GSP and Shogun have modeled, I'm sure there are others.

But that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm talking about postin the shirtless pics from the workouts, the staredown, all the guys goin "am man, he is so yoked! that dude is swol! he's jacked!" look at any thread when a someone posts one of those pics. It may not be blatant sexuality (although I'm sure some guys do get a sexual thrill from it) but undeniably, physical appearance is part of selling a fighter.

that thick, solid, tight meme didn't come out of nowhere.
1/22/13 2:55 PM
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FeliceHerrig - 
Humboldt -  First.

Ahhhhhh, you're awesome.

Typically I am a well spoken man, btw. Phone Post

well thank you... did my pictures show up? they keep showing up as links.. i'm new to the UG

not the nude 1's but he 1's that did look great

1/22/13 2:58 PM
DeuceDroppin

DeuceDroppin -
MmanBearPig -
RileyPust - 

Sexyama
Baroni FTW!! Phone Post
Christina "Cyborg" Santos!! Phone Post
1/22/13 2:58 PM
DeuceDroppin

12 is a sexy beast!! Phone Post
1/22/13 3:01 PM
MmanBearPig

Speaking of Cyborg would a man thats had a full sex change be aloud to compete in WMMA?
1/22/13 3:03 PM
overeemgoat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR LIL BULLDOG
1/22/13 3:11 PM
Ghost of Retard
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone that said negative shit to Felice, should also post their name, age, picture, what they do for a living , a long with their last 5 yrs of performance reviews.

Or banned for life.

Jesus.

1/22/13 3:25 PM
rudj
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghost of Retard - 

Anyone that said negative shit to Felice, should also post their name, age, picture, what they do for a living , a long with their last 5 yrs of performance reviews.

Or banned for life.

Jesus.

this

1/22/13 3:36 PM
King Ding A Ling
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for Ms. Herrig's amazingly perfect ass Phone Post
1/22/13 4:11 PM
Mega Colossus
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FeliceHerrig - 

In Response to the whole "Sex Appeal " thing thats been going around in the media about me lately. 
Yes, I do do some risky photo shoots. Yes, I do travel a lot for my sponsors and for fight events. My job is fun so sometimes it might be taken as all play and no work. This is all a part of my job, training, traveling, photo shoots and a lot of other endeavors that keep me in the media light. 
I need to do these things to further my career and keep the sponsors happy. None of what I do outside of fighting with the media and photo shoots in a supplement for the hard training and fighting or to mask a lack of talent. Last I checked looks and lack of talent do not put you at the #5 spot in the WMMA rankings or #2 in the Muay thai rankings. 
I have a strong desire and passion to fight and put my all in training and lay it all on the line in the cage. I spend a lot more time training than I do doing photo shoots or being in the media. Together my management ( Suckerpunch ent) and I work well to market and promote me and seek out opportunities and together my team and I ( Team Curran) and coaches work together to make me the best fighter that I can be. And at the end of the day it all comes together So I have a career outside of fighting and it keeps my sponsors happy, promotors wanting to book me on their shows and the fans wanting to watch me fight. And it all makes it so that I can support myself as a fighter and put food on my table and a roof on my head.

photo fo-2-631x500-featured_zps13fd71df.jpg

photo IMG_4779_zpsed5461a4.jpg

Your using what you have to help you get to were you want to go. Nothing wrong with that more people should do the same.

1/22/13 4:18 PM
MmanBearPig

You should post some suggestive pics Thompson, get a nice wig cover the bullets and you're good to go
1/22/13 4:24 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

DON'T SAY THAT ! He'll do it !

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.