UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Goldberg: I absolutely do not have a drug problem

1/21/13 10:44 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

According to the announcer, the reason for the late withdrawal from the UFC 155 gig was the lingering effects of an upper respiratory infection originally contracted at UFC 153 in Brazil combined with Goldberg's ongoing battle with asthma. Jon Anik took Goldberg's place alongside color commentator Joe Rogan.

"I ended up coming home from Brazil with a virus, an upper respiratory infection, I ended up being hospitalized a couple times for it, just because they were making sure they could get my lungs open," Goldberg said. "And just the complications of, I'm an asthmatic, I have been since high school, the complications with trying to get proper medications to get this virus out of my body, I'm not the first guy to come back from Brazil not feeling 100 percent, it just kind of spiraled."

While not feeling 100 percent, the veteran broadcaster, who has called everything in his career from pro hockey to football in addition to his signature role as UFC announced, still wanted to gut it out and get through the night.

"I've had throat infections, chest infections I've had a head cold, during the 800 NHL games I called, in the 200 or so UFCs or so I've done since 1997. So yeah, I'm a prideful guy, I consider myself a fighter as far as my broadcast spot, I want to be in my seat at cageside during UFC 155, but it broke my heart that I wasn't able to do so. I was kicking and screaming because I wanted to call the fights, I wanted to call the [Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez] rematch, I wanted to be there for a big show just like every big show I want to be there.

read entire article...

1/21/13 10:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
patches
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thought he was average till he wasn't there
1/21/13 11:12 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It just wasn't the same without him.
1/21/13 11:19 PM
DanteHec
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to hear it from the source Phone Post
1/21/13 11:23 PM
sgotwalks
903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always support the man in those stupid anti-Goldberg threads that pop up after every event. Nice to see more appreciation being shown for him. Glad he's coming back.

1/21/13 11:27 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hey Anderson, stick to what your country does best; like soccer or harboring infectious disease". ~ Chael P Sonnen
1/21/13 11:32 PM
Kings21
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhas - 
TopGrinder -  I don't believe him. He did not sound sincere at all. He avoided talking about his sudden weight loss and the trouble he has had gettin words out. Sounds like damage control to me Phone Post

Yeah man, since Goldie is all fluid with words.

You know what sounds like damage control? getting creamed in the face by your daddy ( a sound you are quite familiar with), fagmaster.

....that awkward moment when someone takes something way too far because of a difference of opinion.
1/21/13 11:34 PM
orcus

"I wanted to call the [Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez] rematch,"

He wanted to yell "are you kidding me" and "it's all over". Unfortunately no teeps in that fight.

1/21/13 11:34 PM
whoabro

Kings21 -
dhas - 
TopGrinder -  I don't believe him. He did not sound sincere at all. He avoided talking about his sudden weight loss and the trouble he has had gettin words out. Sounds like damage control to me Phone Post

You know what sounds like damage control? getting creamed in the face by your daddy ( a sound you are quite familiar with), fagmaster.

....that awkward moment when someone takes something way too far because of a difference of opinion.
Seriously lol. Calm down dude Phone Post
1/21/13 11:35 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhas - 

Fagmaster, huh? You just took the art of insulting someone and did to it what Rick Astley did to music.
1/21/13 11:35 PM
DKielbasa

Whomever posted the story (s) on here should feel like douchebags, especially those using a name to give themselves a name. Turds...

O and stop blowing powder up ur nose Goldie ;)

1/21/13 11:36 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear.

1/21/13 11:37 PM
Stu Cazzo

First of of Mike....I just want to say that we're all here because we love you.

1/21/13 11:39 PM
danggook
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro -
Kings21 -
dhas - 

Seriously lol. Calm down dude Phone Post
Strong username to post content ratio Phone Post
1/21/13 11:40 PM
Kings21
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhas - 
TopGrinder - 
dhas -

Hey mike u mad bro? Phone Post

Why would i be mad? you are the one accusation our based Lord and his corn full core, based Mike Goldberg of being a drug addict.
Thanks for the compliment but i'm not Goldie.

Your internet reputation = It is all over
You and poop = virtually identical

lol wut?
1/21/13 11:41 PM
RileyPust

dhas - 
TopGrinder - 
dhas -

Hey mike u mad bro? Phone Post

Why would i be mad? you are the one accusation our based Lord and his corn full core, based Mike Goldberg of being a drug addict.
Thanks for the compliment but i'm not Goldie.

Your internet reputation = It is all over
You and poop = virtually identical

Gia... Giant Lee?!
1/21/13 11:42 PM
Jaybrone
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While he makes the absurd or ridiculous statement at least once or twice a broadcast the guy does a great job and is awesome with Joe. Please, Mike get well and come back soon.

1/21/13 11:43 PM
Pessimist_Pete

No changing of the garb after all... Phone Post
1/21/13 11:53 PM
AK-BJJ

Lol there's a lot of funny shit going on in this thread
1/22/13 12:11 AM
ken amtrack

I call bullshit Goldie Armstrong!! addicts will always deny there addiction..admit your problem and then I will believe you don't have one..UFC announcers need to be drug tested moving forward period if only to see what Joe has ingested that week..Joe saw this coming that's why he shaves his head and hangs with Conte
1/22/13 12:38 AM
OSBtro11

Good for you goldie , fuck the haters. The best play by play guy in the biz. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:39 AM
UGSlapshot

Underground Blog -

Goldberg: I absolutely do not have a drug problem

[mmafighting.com]

According to the announcer, the reason for the late withdrawal from the UFC 155 gig was the lingering effects of an upper respiratory infection originally contracted at UFC 153 in Brazil combined with Goldberg's ongoing battle with asthma. Jon Anik took Goldberg's place alongside color commentator Joe Rogan.

"I ended up coming home from Brazil with a virus, an upper respiratory infection, I ended up being hospitalized a couple times for it, just because they were making sure they could get my lungs open," Goldberg said. "And just the complications of, I'm an asthmatic, I have been since high school, the complications with trying to get proper medications to get this virus out of my body, I'm not the first guy to come back from Brazil not feeling 100 percent, it just kind of spiraled."

While not feeling 100 percent, the veteran broadcaster, who has called everything in his career from pro hockey to football in addition to his signature role as UFC announced, still wanted to gut it out and get through the night.

"I've had throat infections, chest infections I've had a head cold, during the 800 NHL games I called, in the 200 or so UFCs or so I've done since 1997. So yeah, I'm a prideful guy, I consider myself a fighter as far as my broadcast spot, I want to be in my seat at cageside during UFC 155, but it broke my heart that I wasn't able to do so. I was kicking and screaming because I wanted to call the fights, I wanted to call the [Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez] rematch, I wanted to be there for a big show just like every big show I want to be there.

read entire article...

Denial is the first sign of addiction. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:51 AM
Enemies

Me neither. I only do drugs once a day.
1/22/13 12:55 AM
RileyPust

dhas - 
TopGrinder -  So dhas is obsessed with my dad, poop and jizz so far. Wow all u need is an ar15 to complete your meltdown Phone Post

The only thing that's melting down is your ass in my scorching hot jizz after that internet ownage you got handed to by your king, god and master,

ME (dhas)

You don't fuck with me or with Goldie, not in my watch.

So basically you're embarrassed that everyone's making fun of you so you're trying to play it off as if you MEANT to come across that way, amirite? Lol.
1/22/13 12:55 AM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a rug problem, as in munchin all that UFC groupie rug!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.