UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold wants Belfort as 'warm-up' fight

1/21/13 11:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"There aren't a lot of fights that make a lot of sense right now," he today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Obviously (Chris) Weidman is injured, and he's out until summer or fall. But Vitor (Belfort) looked pretty good the other night. He turned back the clock and looked like his old self. He's a legend, and I'd be honored to fight the guy. I think that makes a lot of sense."

"But now Belfort won, and he makes sense," Rockhold said. "Lombard could be down the line too. Who knows? I just want to fight. Truthfully, Belfort probably makes the most unless they want to do a champion vs. champion fight (with Silva). But I'm game for whatever they want."

"I really don't care," he said. "A warmup fight would be nice. I'm not going to lie. Anderson Silva, I'm not sure that would make the most sense right now. My name may not be as big as they want to sell a big pay-per-view like that. But if they want that fight, I'm down to take the fight. I'd take it, no questions asked."

read entire article...

1/21/13 11:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, but what's in it for Belfort ?

LOL @ "warm-up"

1/21/13 11:10 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot better than Costa Philippou.

1/21/13 11:10 PM
orcus

It's too bad, Rockhold/Weidman would have been a perfect fight.

1/21/13 11:31 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva wouldn't make sense because he'd get killed....Luke needs a few fights indeed. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:33 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - 

Yeah, but what's in it for Belfort ?

LOL @ "warm-up"

This. Vitor would knock him out.

1/21/13 11:34 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Misleading title.

He said he'd be honoured to fight Belfort then later on in the article said he'd prefer a warm up fight instead of fighting silva straight off the bat. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:36 PM
Jaybrone
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is calling out a tough quality opponent that is highly respected and presents massive problems for anyone. Good on him much respect to him.

1/21/13 11:42 PM
MahatmaPetey
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG Blog strikes again. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:44 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Rockhold will lose to any top 10er he faces. Belfort kills him. .. He's basically a less skilled, younger bisping with less punching power. Hes not good imo.
1/21/13 11:46 PM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
MahatmaPetey -  UG Blog strikes again. Phone Post

the title summarizes what he said. he said Belfort would be a good first fight. he also said a warm-up fight instead of fighting Silva right away would be good.

1/21/13 11:47 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Rockhold will lose to any top 10er he faces. Belfort kills him. .. He's basically a less skilled, younger bisping with less punching power. Hes not good imo.

This is why mma fans fail to appreciate anything. We convince ourselves nobody is a good fighter. He beat Jacare. Whether or not he is a elite, top 5 or even top 10 does not mean is isn't a good fighter. That is just disrespectful.

1/21/13 11:55 PM
UGSlapshot

He definitely has the ability to beat Belfort and vise versa, I'd be down to see them square off. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:02 AM
Pacinko
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man vitors one of my faves eva, but I might have to take rockhold on that one. Actually ill take vitor via rockhold getting ufc jitters. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:05 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Rockhold will lose to any top 10er he faces. Belfort kills him. .. He's basically a less skilled, younger bisping with less punching power. Hes not good imo.

This is why mma fans fail to appreciate anything. We convince ourselves nobody is a good fighter. He beat Jacare. Whether or not he is a elite, top 5 or even top 10 does not mean is isn't a good fighter. That is just disrespectful.

Dude, dont judge me man. Ive watched his fights. I dont think hes very good. Do you think every fighter is good? No?! Youre disrespectful!! C'mon, bro.
1/22/13 12:16 AM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Misleading thread title :d
1/22/13 12:20 AM
thebigblastula

Bisping KOd by CHRIST - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Dude, dont judge me man. Ive watched his fights. I dont think hes very good. Do you think every fighter is good? No?! Youre disrespectful!! C'mon, bro.

Fuck you you disrespectful idiot. Every fighter in the top 15, at the top level of the sport, is "good." Good is putting it very mildly.
1/22/13 12:24 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

the canadian psycho - 
Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Rockhold will lose to any top 10er he faces. Belfort kills him. .. He's basically a less skilled, younger bisping with less punching power. Hes not good imo.
Jacare is top 10 and Rockhold fucking destroyed him so that shows what you know, pal Phone Post

You want some?? I'll come over and buttfuck your ass to a living death!! I WILL FUCK YOUR BUTT, SON! COME AT ME BRO!
1/22/13 12:27 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

I urm...i meant kick your butt....yeah... spellcorrect is responsible for all the fucking of butts n such.
1/22/13 12:32 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

thebigblastula - 
Bisping KOd by CHRIST - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Fuck you you disrespectful idiot. Every fighter in the top 15, at the top level of the sport, is "good." Good is putting it very mildly.

Except rockhold. Hes not good. I get you have a crush on him, fine. As your gay lover, maybe hes great. As a fighter, hes not good.
1/22/13 12:37 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

His gf is smokin. tho.
1/22/13 12:49 AM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Typical UG news headline. He said he "would be honored" to fight Belfort and called him a legend. The later said that he would like a "warm up fight" before he fought Silva. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:50 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony Eveready - 
Chris -
MahatmaPetey -  UG Blog strikes again. Phone Post

the title summarizes what he said. he said Belfort would be a good first fight. he also said a warm-up fight instead of fighting Silva right away would be good.

0/10 Phone Post

lol
1/22/13 12:54 AM
Soul Gravy

Thread title is misleading, indefensible, and absolutely not a summary of what Rockhold said. Ridiculous.
1/22/13 12:55 AM
thebigblastula

Bisping KOd by CHRIST - 
thebigblastula - 
Bisping KOd by CHRIST - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Except rockhold. Hes not good. I get you have a crush on him, fine. As your gay lover, maybe hes great. As a fighter, hes not good.

Rockhold, and the Jacare, are very very exceptional talents. You can tell this, because they are top 10 IN THE WORLD at what they do (except Jacare who is still really good).

This is disrespectful fighter bashing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.