UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/21/13 11:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick's Twitter statement:

So one of my main sponsors from my fight canceled his check cuz he wasnt happy with the outcome or my performance. Read his explanations below. 

"At this point, a stop payment has been placed on check which cannot be cashed or deposited now"

"I will not comment on Rick and his fight. That is not my place. But what I will tell you is this: I took a huge chance with him. TV exposure was great…but it only holds weight if he wins or puts on a good show. Neither happened. At the end of the day…not one sole (sp) will run to [my] store and buy product because they [saw my logo and saw] Rick loose (sp) the fight. I've made it my career and business to know what nets a return on investment for the brand…and this is the number 1 reason why I DO NOT hand out money or product to fighters."

Its funny how all my pics wearing his product are still up on his company pages even after he says and does all this stuff!! 

A lawsuit is pending so I cannot comment on who it is just yet but stay tuned.

1/21/13 11:16 PM
Team GDP
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is shameful and absolutely disgusting

1/21/13 11:17 PM
Matt Phillips
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its time to grab the pitchforks and light the torches.

1/21/13 11:18 PM
Caught_clean
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL wooooow. I would love to see the written agreement. Anyone can lose on any given night, you dont get to pick and choose to pay because you didn't like how the billboard performed lol.
1/21/13 11:18 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was the one the scumbag sent the email to.

1/21/13 11:21 PM
caseharts
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol wow screw this guy. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:22 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good statement by the sponsor, sounds completely justified.

Seriously, I hope Rick takes him to the cleaners.
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outrageous. I hope Viacom smashes that guy. Phone Post
jaytrainwreck
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boycott this idiot.

1/21/13 11:24 PM
Big EP
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We all remember the Spencer Fisher incident.....

UG will be all in that ass!
1/21/13 11:27 PM
Fern 10th Planet

Can't spell 'soul' or 'lose'? Hmmm Phone Post
1/21/13 11:29 PM
Joe_Drogan420

What a bag of douche.
1/21/13 11:32 PM
Matt Phillips
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am assuming it's one of these: 

1/21/13 11:33 PM
armbarheelhook
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" but it only holds weight if he wins or puts on a good show"... Really?..

Yes it helps when the person you are sponsoring at the time is successful, but you are paying essentially for ad time on national/cable tv for ppl to see your logo.

"at the end of the day, noone will visit my store due to rick losing the fight".

This is a totally stupid statement imo. Is this guy pyschic or something? lol.

If I were to buy a product from his store, used it and was unhappy with said product, will (he) refund me all of my money..? probably not. idk.

Pay the man for his services that you wanted when you sponsored him. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:33 PM
Hocky Balboa
8038 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDOHARM - How fucked up would that be if every sponsor could just back out when a fighter lost. That's not the way this shit works. Condom Depot would never do that. Phone Post
I would think that Condom Depot of all sponsors, would keep you from making a deposit. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:34 PM
Matt Phillips

Im pretty sure Headblade, Fundafighter and Zebra Mats are alright to deal with.

1/21/13 11:35 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

Edited: 01/21/13 11:37 PM
The sponsor guy sounds like a complete moron. If that's a direct quote, then damn, whoever the rep for that company is needs to be fired on his grammatical skills alone. Secondly, I deal with contract law and have to think that this company knows that they're going to need to inevitably pay Rick his sponsorship money. I'm assuming it will be more expensive to go to court than to pay Rick. I doubt there is a clause in the contract that states he needs to win the fight to receive sponsorship pay, because Rick's management would have directed him to take another sponsor instead of those greedy assholes.
1/21/13 11:38 PM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow what a joke. Bellator should blacklist them Phone Post
1/21/13 11:39 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

which sponsor?
Chris27

Wow thats fucked up, so he goes through all that trouble finding sponsors for this fight and one of the sponsors he gets is not trying to not pay him.

I feel bad for Rick, thats some bullshit.
Brian J DSouza

Matt Phillips - 

If I were the sponsor, I would pay the money quickly rather than have the media pick up this story.

1/21/13 11:42 PM
armbarheelhook
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy dounds like the same pieces of crap that you see at the restaurant who eat 3/4ths of their meal only to complain that it was undercooked or not how they wanted it..

Well then.... why did you frickn' eat almost all of it then..!! lol

sorry people trying to work the system for handouts.. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:44 PM
Mike Russell

Brian J DSouza - 
Matt Phillips - 

If I were the sponsor, I would pay the money quickly rather than have the media pick up this story.

When we informed him that we were moving forward with a lawsuit, he told me to think long and hard about that decision because he "knows people."

I told him I know people too, but most of the people I know are in the media.

1/21/13 11:46 PM
Matt Phillips

Mike Russell - 
Brian J DSouza - 
Matt Phillips - 

When we informed him that we were moving forward with a lawsuit, he told me to think long and hard about that decision because he "knows people."

I told him I know people too, but most of the people I know are in the media.

Is it one of the sponsors in the pic I posted on the first page?

1/21/13 11:47 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP -

that is shameful and absolutely disgusting

!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.