UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/22/13 5:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fundafighterrob
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The business of mma can be a sad thing sometimes. Unfortunately Rick and Jeremy aren't the only fighters who have been burned by sponsors and they deserve praise for coming forward. I want to add that seeing how strong the mma community banded together is the reason I love this sport! Phone Post
1/22/13 5:16 PM
fundafighterrob
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The business of mma can be a sad thing sometimes. Unfortunately Rick and Jeremy aren't the only fighters who have been burned by sponsors and they deserve praise for coming forward. I want to add that seeing how strong the mma community banded together is the reason I love this sport! Phone Post
1/22/13 5:17 PM
fundafighterrob

1/22/13 5:38 PM
TheLumberjackLisi
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr - Until Jeremy Stephens......
Until Stevens Phone Post
1/22/13 5:39 PM
TheLumberjackLisi
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheLumberjackLisi -
Rantuckjr - Until Jeremy Stephens......
Until Stevens Phone Post
Or Stephens...

God I'm such a noob. Phone Post
1/22/13 5:41 PM
YoungSteinel
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Facebook ripping is still going in full force. If you want to chime in, check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/markgingrichphotography?fref=ts
1/22/13 5:46 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 5:54 PM
Garv - 
Mike Russell - 
Letibleu - 
Mike Russell - 

We got a text telling us that he would pay up last night if we apologized and Rick took down his Twitter post. Phone Post

Nooooooooooooooooo

Well folks, extinguish your torches and put away the pitchforks. Keep em clean for next time

We ain't apologizin'.

Why not?  Just apologize, let Hawn get paid, then do an article on the whole mess.  To me, the most important thing is that Hawn get the money he's owed. 

Or get on the phone, take down the tweet, get Hawn paid.  If the guyagrees to pay, he is most likely going to require confidentiality, so that takes the write the article after the fact out as an option--most likely.

For the amount of money you are talking about, it isn't going to be worth it to hire an attorney, nor is anyone going to want to spend numerous hours in small claims. 

Even if you get a judgment, then you have to attempt to collect--this guy is probably pressed for funds as it is.

Litigation is very expensive, time consuming, and stressful.

Good luck in any event.

Edit--nice--see this was resolved.

1/22/13 5:54 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

not sure how that chap thought this was gonna play out, but I doubt it was like this, bad move, Slick...

1/22/13 5:57 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"When MMAFighting.com told Russell that Gingrich had decided to pay Hawn after all, Russell said he was pleased to hear the news and would talk to Hawn about whether he would cash the check after all."

WHAT?

1/22/13 5:57 PM
Corey
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/22/3904148/sponsor-agrees-to-pay-bellators-rick-hawn-after-initially-stopping

Dumb bitch put himself though all that shit trying to fuck a guy out of $1500? LOL I've lost that in one hand of poker. What a fucking retard.
1/22/13 6:08 PM
Dogman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

25 Highland Park Village
Suite 100 - 251
Dallas, TX 75205

Its here it Dallas, I think I will go laugh in his face!
1/22/13 6:11 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Corey - 
Mike Russell - 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/22/3904148/sponsor-agrees-to-pay-bellators-rick-hawn-after-initially-stopping

Dumb bitch put himself though all that shit trying to fuck a guy out of $1500? LOL I've lost that in one hand of poker. What a fucking retard.

Well, if dicking J. Stephens around wasnt bad enough, this Hawn incident has probably cost HTFU a ton of support (from whoever wears their attire) Whatever, I'm not here to judge people on what t-shirt they wear. 

Dicking a professional cage fighter around doesnt seem like the best judgement, but to each his own. You reap what you sow HTFU - The fans don't forget. 

1/22/13 6:20 PM
Louisvillain
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck that company.  I hope they lose their ass.

It's not like they would have paid Hawn more if he would have dominated the fight and won the championship.

1/22/13 6:33 PM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emailed and Facebook posted. Glad some of this has been resolved. Now to get Jeremy off the site too!! Phone Post
1/22/13 6:38 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for update
1/22/13 6:42 PM
Matt Phillips
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow Gingrich's photography facebook page is hillarious! So many people trashing him.

1/22/13 6:48 PM
Bentleysuper8

Ha Ha. Unless you don't want to pay for shit. Then whatever excuse you can think of.

1/22/13 6:50 PM
YoungSteinel

Get your word in before he figures it out!

http://www.facebook.com/markgingrichphotography?fref=ts
1/22/13 6:55 PM
CavRyda
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

his cell number still works, light it up  (469)789-4838

1/22/13 6:56 PM
BathSaltFaceFeeder
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips - 

wow Gingrich's photography facebook page is hillarious! So many people trashing him.

F'n hilarious. The dude doing the Photoshop stuff is funny shit
1/22/13 6:59 PM
YoungSteinel

BathSaltFaceFeeder - 
Matt Phillips - 

F'n hilarious. The dude doing the Photoshop stuff is funny shit

I got those all from Sherdog Forum's shoop thread. Can't take credit for those.
1/22/13 7:06 PM
Proud_Daddy_2_Olivia
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure he just wants to resolve the issue and move on, but wouldn't Jeremy be entitled to some type of financial compensation since this company is clearly using his image to promote/sell their product?

I have no idea how you would quantify this and most likely this guy is financially strapped, but he's it pretty damn obvious that he's profiting/attempting to profit off of his "association" with Jeremy. Phone Post
1/22/13 7:08 PM
rosario00

CavRyda -

Lol he answered rather calmly.. Is this really his number? Phone Post
1/22/13 7:09 PM
YoungSteinel

Proud_Daddy_2_Olivia -  I'm sure he just wants to resolve the issue and move on, but wouldn't Jeremy be entitled to some type of financial compensation since this company is clearly using his image to promote/sell their product?

I have no idea how you would quantify this and most likely this guy is financially strapped, but he's it pretty damn obvious that he's profiting/attempting to profit off of his "association" with Jeremy. Phone Post

With nothing in writing, they are probably saying "We gave you free gear, we are giving you press" or some bullshit like that. I guarantee it. I would like to hear his argument though Jeremy, if you would like to share it.
1/22/13 7:09 PM
YoungSteinel

rosario00 - 
CavRyda -

Lol he answered rather calmly.. Is this really his number? Phone Post

Yes I haven't called but a bunch of people have and said it was his number. What did he say?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.