UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/22/13 9:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sodigthisbigcrux
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YoungSteinel - One down, one to go.

who is left?

1/22/13 9:20 PM
YoungSteinel
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sodigthisbigcrux - 
YoungSteinel - One down, one to go.

who is left?

Russell says that there was a problem with the check and there will be more later. Read like a page or two before.
1/22/13 9:31 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -

He was actually sobbing on the phone to Ariel.

BTW, he gave us an ultimatum to get on the phone or he would cancel the check he reissued and lets just say insanity ensued. I lierally just listened to the tape over with my head shaking the whole time.

Rick is breaking his silence in a couple hours in an interview

Wait a minute... So he was crying on the phone to ariel..??

After all the crap on his website about how he is supposed to be this billy badass, no handouts, take what you get, my shit dont stink mentality... and he friggn cracks like an egg when ppl verbally attack him..

I thought he was Mr. HTFU..?? Harden The Fuck Up Mark Gingrich and take it like a man!!
Lets have Rhonda Rousey kick this guy's ass. It would do wonders for his FB street cred. haha Phone Post
1/22/13 9:34 PM
WriteBelt
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
1/22/13 9:38 PM
InvisibleControl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great job boys!
1/22/13 9:43 PM
YoungSteinel
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarheelhook - 
Mike Russell -

BTW, he gave us an ultimatum to get on the phone or he would cancel the check he reissued and lets just say insanity ensued. I lierally just listened to the tape over with my head shaking the whole time.

Wait a minute... So he was crying on the phone to ariel..??

After all the crap on his website about how he is supposed to be this billy badass, no handouts, take what you get, my shit dont stink mentality... and he friggn cracks like an egg when ppl verbally attack him..

I thought he was Mr. HTFU..?? Harden The Fuck Up Mark Gingrich and take it like a man!!
Lets have Rhonda Rousey kick this guy's ass. It would do wonders for his FB street cred. haha Phone Post

Yes, but it hasn't been settled yet apparently.
1/22/13 9:48 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WriteBelt - Phone Post
haha.. sweet!!..

I think Ronda should post a video with her saying " On those extra heavy flow days, i choose to wear HTFU shirts like a diaper".. " Because it takes a Douche, to make a Douche"..

lol. ;) Phone Post
1/22/13 9:50 PM
frederic
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - 
CGJiuJitsu - 

Hit him up and let him know how we support the fighters of the sport we love...  Here's the link for comments...

http://htfu.com/contact.html

Let him have it....!!!!!

LOL!

"Y U no pay Rick Hawn and Jeremy Stephens?"

Sent.

1/22/13 9:53 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - 
GladiatorGannon -
crossfire -  Who wants a shirt that says HTFU anyways ?
Id rather by me a YOLO shirt. Phone Post

It's a classic bit by an Aussie comedian...that (true to form) he's trying to steal without paying royalties.
Elaborate , I'm slow... Phone Post

1/22/13 10:02 PM
King Ding A Ling
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -
Dogman - 25 Highland Park Village
Suite 100 - 251
Dallas, TX 75205

Its here it Dallas, I think I will go laugh in his face!

lol I'll join you, I'm in Fort Worth right now.

I'm in fort worth too. Let's go.

Thou shall not fucketh with the UG mob. Phone Post
1/22/13 10:03 PM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Wow. What's wrong with this dude? Phone Post
1/22/13 10:05 PM
12SixElbow
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the owner of the brand says that Hawn's corner didn't wear his shirts.

As per the agreement for the money.

And that they did not post the entire email.

Any truth?

Can we see the entire email?

If Hawn and his cornerman didn't wear the shirts they were suppose to as in the contract, does he have a good reason not to pay?

1/22/13 10:08 PM
Letibleu
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, im back.

Interesting. Very interesting.

1/22/13 10:09 PM
YoungSteinel

Flame away. It is the only place you can (besides info@htfu.com. Shoot them a nice email)

http://www.facebook.com/markgingrichphotography?fref=ts
1/22/13 10:10 PM
12SixElbow
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gingrich told MMAFighting.com that Hawn didn't post the entire e-mail sent to Russell.

According to Gingrich, he sent an e-mail to Russell on Friday asking why Hawn's cornermen weren't wearing HTFU gear during the fight. Gingrich said that that was part of their verbal agreement. Russell refuted that claim, highlighting the fact that Hawn's head coach Firas Zahabi has an exclusive deal with Headrush Brand Apparel.

Russell hypothesized that the confusion came after Gingrich asked Hawn if he should also send gear for his corner to wear during the fight, and Hawn replied, "Sure."

"There was an agreed upon arrangement," Gingrich said. "When he didn't fulfill the arrangement, a stopped payment was put on his check."

I guess even if he is telling the truth, he should know not to do verbal agreements.

1/22/13 10:15 PM
SOO72

HTFU = hold the funds up
1/22/13 10:20 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -

Sobbing? Sounds like this bitch needs to harden the fuck up. Phone Post
1/22/13 10:32 PM
TheLumberjackLisi
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WriteBelt - Phone Post
Side note.

Does her response turn anyone else on? Phone Post
1/22/13 10:33 PM
BathSaltFaceFeeder
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SOO72 - HTFU = hold the funds up

HTFU- Hawn Totally Fucked Us
1/22/13 10:37 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

How to fuck urself Phone Post
1/22/13 10:52 PM
pulsar

Edited: 01/22/13 10:52 PM

M'eh, Americans reap what they sew with hatred of all things that support the employee ie unions, regulations, health care etc etc.

1/22/13 10:54 PM
Rick Hawn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey everybody, it looks like the sponsor HTFU will be paying me now. I cant thank you guys enuf for all  the support and kind words. It was you guys that made him change his mind due to all the bad press he was getting. I will let you know if and when the new check arrives next week. Talk to ya soon. 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/22/3904148/sponsor-agrees-to-pay-bellators-rick-hawn-after-initially-stopping

1/22/13 10:57 PM
YoungSteinel

Rick Hawn - 

Hey everybody, it looks like the sponsor HTFU will be paying me now. I cant thank you guys enuf for all  the support and kind words. It was you guys that made him change his mind due to all the bad press he was getting. I will let you know if and when the new check arrives next week. Talk to ya soon. 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/22/3904148/sponsor-agrees-to-pay-bellators-rick-hawn-after-initially-stopping

Awesome news Rick! Great to hear. You don't have anything to be ashamed of, you fought hard.
1/22/13 10:58 PM
UGCTT_BTown
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/22/13 11:04 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 11:10 PM
12SixElbow - 

So the owner of the brand says that Hawn's corner didn't wear his shirts.

As per the agreement for the money.

And that they did not post the entire email.

Any truth?

Can we see the entire email?

If Hawn and his cornerman didn't wear the shirts they were suppose to as in the contract, does he have a good reason not to pay?

No truth. His email claimed as much, but knowing that Firas Zahabi has an exclusive deal with Headrush (which he has had for some time) and that we weren't acting as an agent for anyone but Rick (as we have no legal right to do so), we couldn't and wouldn't guarantee that the two other corners would wear his shirt and hat. Mark asked if he should send extra shirts and hats and Rick's reply verbatim was "sure."

Rick's other cornermen, however, wanted to help Rick promote the brand they thought were supporting their fighter in good faith, so they chose to wear the HTFU shirts provided by the sponsor.

Here is the entire email, including him complaining that Rick (who was rehydrating and had to see the Bellator doctor before he came down from his room to meet said sponsor) was not accomodating enough.

Rick, who the sponsor seemed to forget was fighting for a world title,  gave the guy two of his cageside tickets (one that was meant fro his little brother, so another one had to be purchased to accomodate him). When he saw that Rick's parents had all access passes, he had the nerve to ask Rick's fiancee why they had passes and he only had "two crappy $130 tickets?"

Mike, 

Can you tell me why one of his corners wasn't wearing a shirt and why none of his corners were wearing the hat?  

This was part of the agreement which Rick and his camp did not fulfill.  With regards to everything I have done.  I sent Rick a couple thousand dollars worth of clothes (Fedex overnight cost $200).  I bought I ticket out to support his fight, hotels, rental cars.  I made a shirt which cost me almost a $1000 to make.  I had to shut down a printer to do it and take away resources to fulfill the order.  

I arrived in Irvine on Wednesday to his camp.  Shook Rick's hand and that was about it for a relationship.  Rick and his camp advised me to meet up with him later after the weigh in. I waited for a couple hours with my girlfriend, re-arranged plans and never saw Rick come down to say hello.  I had to find him eating in another room with his friends.  In fact, his girlfriend was more accommodating and sincere than Rick.  

I will not comment on Rick and his fight.  That is not my place.  But what I will tell you is this:  I took a huge chance with him.  TV exposure was great…but it only holds weight if he wins or puts on a good show.  Neither happened.  At the end of the day…not one sole will run to the HTFU store and buy product because they  saw Rick walk out in my shirt and loose the fight.  I've made it my career and business to know what nets a return on investment for the brand…and this is the number 1 reason why I DO NOT hand out money or product to fighters.  

With regards to the check I sent Rick.  At this point, a stop payment has been placed on check which cannot be cashed or deposited now.  

Sincerely, 

Mark R Gingrich  |  Founder / CEO
H T F U  L L C 
Boutique Clothing Brand Dedicated to the Extreme Athlete Community

Actions speak louder than words. The second Rick lost his fight, the guy who was supposed to be supporting Rick, grabbed his girlfriend's hand and booked it out of the arena and proceeded to ignore all calls and text messages from Rick and the FundaFighter rep we sent to the fight specifically to make sure he was included in the experience, which alone should have more than earned Rick his $1500.

Keep in mind also, the shirt he "made for Rick" was actually a generic one he had designed that he is now selling as "The Factory" model. There is no way in hell it cost him $1000 for 5 shirts when he had to change one screen. He also sent about 1/2 of the product Rick was promised.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.