UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/21/13 11:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bruham
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unbelievable. In for eventual sponsor being outed and getting their shit pushed in. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:49 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its fuji sport. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:51 PM
Porkchop

Matt Phillips - 

I am assuming it's one of these: 

It's not fund-a-fighter. That's an initiative by Faras Zahabi to help fighters get money to train when they are struggling to get started.

Fund-a-fighter is a great thing.
Matt Phillips
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I know what sponsor it is, just want to make sure before I say something.

The guy seems rather douchey.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Mike, are you a lawyer? I thought you wrote for mmajunkie. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:52 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

IDOHARM - DFX fitness has a picture of Rick directly on their front page, as does Fuji sport. If I was a betting man, I'd say Fuji sport. Phone Post
Me too. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:52 PM
FreakDaddy
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips - 
Mike Russell - 
Brian J DSouza - 
Matt Phillips - 

I think its time to grab the pitchforks and light the torches.

If I were the sponsor, I would pay the money quickly rather than have the media pick up this story.

When we informed him that we were moving forward with a lawsuit, he told me to think long and hard about that decision because he "knows people."

I told him I know people too, but most of the people I know are in the media.

Is it one of the sponsors in the pic I posted on the first page?

Sounds like that fucker was making a bit of a threat....Little does he know that he will feel the wrath of the MMA community as soon as we know who this fucker is......We might argue about MMA all the time, but when someone pulls shit like this, we stand united......Can't wait to know who this dumb prick is, so we can let him know how we feel......Hopefully Bellator and Spike step in.......Blacklist his ass if he does not make it right ASAP......
1/21/13 11:53 PM
Porkchop

Mike Russell - 
Brian J DSouza - 
Matt Phillips - 

I think its time to grab the pitchforks and light the torches.

If I were the sponsor, I would pay the money quickly rather than have the media pick up this story.

When we informed him that we were moving forward with a lawsuit, he told me to think long and hard about that decision because he "knows people."

I told him I know people too, but most of the people I know are in the media.

what a piece of shit.
1/21/13 11:55 PM
Matt Phillips
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 12:32 AM

*edited until the truth comes out*

1/21/13 11:55 PM
JeffyC69

In . We need to know who this is
1/21/13 11:56 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Edited: 01/22/13 12:03 AM
Sorry, jumping to conclusions.

Team GDP
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vtfu mike. you seem to genuinely care about the well being of these fighters and i for one appreciate that.

damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need to find out asap. I'm ready to twitter bomb. I didn't even watch Bellator this weekend but this is fucked up. Let's put this motherfucker out of business. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:58 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Its fuji sport. Phone Post

No it isn't. FS is awesome.

I just got succesive texts from the (non) sponsor -- one of him calling me an idiot and another telling me he wants Rick to take down his Tweet and for both of us to get on the phone to work things out and then he'll pay up. We gave him until 5:00 today to reverse the stop payment on the check or face a lawsuit and possible fraud charges.

He told us he doesn't comply with demands. Apparently he does when he realizes that his name will be mud.

1/21/13 11:58 PM
Brian J DSouza

Guys, let's not speculate. We want to give the sponsor a chance to pay Hawn his money. He is the victim in all this.

1/21/13 11:59 PM
12SixElbow
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck getting customers now.

1/22/13 12:00 AM
12SixElbow
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - 

I just got succesive texts from the (non) sponsor -- one of him calling me an idiot and another telling me he wants Rick to take down his Tweet and for both of us to get on the phone to work things out and then he'll pay up. We gave him until 5:00 today to reverse the stop payment on the check or face a lawsuit and possible fraud charges.

He told us he doesn't comply with demands. Apparently he does when he realizes that his name will be mud.

WHOOOO IS IT???

1/22/13 12:01 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

It's probably htfu, they seem lame. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:01 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator already blacklisted him.

1/22/13 12:02 AM
Tomato Can
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is some shameful shit and almost certainly illegal.
12SixElbow

So its DFX?

Matt Phillips

Edited: 01/22/13 12:03 AM

I understand you cant say much about who it is because of said lawsuit, but is there any chance he could be a relative of a former Speaker of the House during the Clinton years? :)

1/22/13 12:03 AM
Lulz McGee
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where'd I leave my pitchfork.....?

What happened to Spencer Fisher and Shane Carwin?

1/22/13 12:04 AM
Caught_clean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea no chance its Fuji they are solid. They already sound like they are cracking and will pay up, cant believe they thought they could just not pay lol.
1/22/13 12:04 AM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -

Well if they are sponsoring other mma fighters, rick might want to reach out to them aswell and tell them of the situation.

Maybe they will decide to drop them as their sponsor from a morality standpoint..

best of luck.. and i feel confident rick will get his well deserved money. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.