UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/24/13 8:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macedawgg -

Man--Mike, your posts are not helping, in my opinion.

You had questions about the guy's ethics and integrity going into the relationship, but proceeded anyway? 

Then after the fact, reported what you were told to others, presumably after getting paid?

That is kind of weak.

Get Rick paid, in the future get clear emails detailing the arrangement at bare minimum, and move on.  Continuing this campaign isn't helping.

Not sure what I ever did to piss you off Mace but you seem like you have an issue with me judging by every response you seem to make to more than one thread I've posted in or started the past few months.

If you want to pm me it might be easier. Phone Post
1/24/13 8:46 AM
MM-eh
750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 10:39 AM
Dougie - 

Why not have a personal email address if you are trying to look like a real company?

1/24/13 3:55 PM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - 
Macedawgg -

You had questions about the guy's ethics and integrity going into the relationship, but proceeded anyway? 

Then after the fact, reported what you were told to others, presumably after getting paid?

That is kind of weak.

Get Rick paid, in the future get clear emails detailing the arrangement at bare minimum, and move on.  Continuing this campaign isn't helping.

Not sure what I ever did to piss you off Mace but you seem like you have an issue with me judging by every response you seem to make to more than one thread I've posted in or started the past few months.

If you want to pm me it might be easier. Phone Post

I don't have any issue with you--nothing personal.

My comment remains--your latest posts are not serving you well, in my opinion.

1/24/13 6:07 PM
GladiatorGannon
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/13 4:28 PM
Macedawgg - 

That is kind of weak.

Uhhh Mace, Mike is Rick's manager, someone screws his client, it's his job to hammer them. If Gingrich doesn't want an action criticized, he should refrain from doing it.
1/24/13 6:23 PM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 6:27 PM

No disagreement there Rich.

Mike's posts went into to much detail and reflected on Mike's actions. . . not only Gingrich's. 

1/25/13 2:50 PM
ItsMillerTimeinDoBronx
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at this utter shit from their website:

'HTFU

Wow. Some of you over holidays were a little disappointed you did not receive the items you order before Christmas. After digging through a little further, we found the post office had lost nearly $6,000 in packaged orders with no explanation. At which time we made an company decision to not wait but to eat the loss and resend the packages back out immediately. Today (almost 30 days later), the postmaster inspector delivered every lost package back to our office. "Wow" again is all we can say. Once again...please accept our apologies if you were one of the unfortunate customers this happened to.

http://www.htfu.com/'

LOL. C'mon, brah.
1/25/13 2:54 PM
ItsMillerTimeinDoBronx
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seeing the gear for sale on their site begs the question: Has a fighter ever TURNED DOWN a sponsorship offer based upon them thinking the product or sponsor absolutely sucks?

I know most fighters aren't ballin' (in spite of what most believe), but is it worth $1500 to someone to be associated with such douchebaggery?

Has that ever happened?
1/25/13 2:58 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ItsMillerTimeinDoBronx - Look at this utter shit from their website:

'HTFU

Wow. Some of you over holidays were a little disappointed you did not receive the items you order before Christmas. After digging through a little further, we found the post office had lost nearly $6,000 in packaged orders with no explanation. At which time we made an company decision to not wait but to eat the loss and resend the packages back out immediately. Today (almost 30 days later), the postmaster inspector delivered every lost package back to our office. "Wow" again is all we can say. Once again...please accept our apologies if you were one of the unfortunate customers this happened to.

LOL. C'mon, brah.

Someone should ask him to post a pic of said returned packages;) This guy sounds like an idiot.

Cindy

1/25/13 3:10 PM
ItsMillerTimeinDoBronx

CindyO - 
ItsMillerTimeinDoBronx - Look at this utter shit from their website:

'HTFU

LOL. C'mon, brah.

Someone should ask him to post a pic of said returned packages;) This guy sounds like an idiot.

Cindy

A partially torn open box with a bunch of packages in it accompanies the post. Doesn't explain anything, IMO.

Why would all of the 'lost' orders be returned in one box? Were they 'lost' at the local post office, then 'found' and just returned in one box? Were all of the orders 'lost' at various post offices around the country, yet were returned to the local post office where they were aggregated and returned to HTFU?

None of it makes sense and reeks and, surprise!, bad business.
1/25/13 3:14 PM
Tangerine Dream
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit

There is no such thing as a 'postmaster inspector'.

There is the postmaster general of each branch, and there is also the office of the postal inspector.

The postal inspectors don't look for lost packages, they look at crimes committed within the post office, like mailing drugs to someone. Phone Post
1/25/13 4:06 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Inside MMA is runing a piece on the incident tonight.

1/27/13 12:53 PM
WriteBelt
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like his FB page is back up and business as usual. Phone Post
1/27/13 1:11 PM
PrettyBoy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
1/27/13 2:29 PM
CindyO

Mike Russell - 

I missed it:( What did they say?

Cindy

1/27/13 6:49 PM
Mike Russell

CindyO -
Mike Russell - 

I missed it:( What did they say?

Cindy

Not much, but Mark sure tugged at Mike Whitman's heart strings over at Sherdog. What a load. Phone Post
1/27/13 9:24 PM
ShocknAwe
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Editor’s Note: Sherdog.com contacted Rick Hawn representative Mike Russell prior to this story’s publication with an offer for a follow-up piece that would provide Russell’s and/or Hawn’s account of the events, an offer which Russell accepted."

Looking forward to it, Mike.
1/27/13 10:32 PM
Mike Russell

Rick spoke with MMAJunkie tonight to response to the long list of falsehoods and lies in that damaging story. Should be up tomorrow. Don't think we'll be speaking with Sherdog. Phone Post
1/27/13 10:37 PM
funwithbakedgoods

I hope this business gets ruined and will do anything (legally) to help it happen.
1/27/13 10:51 PM
Mike Russell

All Rick asked for was a public apology for false claims made that he breached the deal somehow since it could have an impact on future deals. Rick didn't name the company, nor did he comment on the situation beyond the Twitter post.

The guy literally told us he would rather bury his company than apologize and was going to put a stop payment on the second check after yelling and screaming at us on the phone and throwing every personal insult at us. When the bank told him it was a cashier's check, he emailed to tell us he couldn't cancel it so we should do what we want with it.

It boils down to ego and this guy doesn't like to lose, which is why he made such a big point of how Rick's loss would impact his business. He talked at length about Jeremy Stevens' (who he did the exact same crap with) deal, and how he is leery about sponsoring fighters because he wants to be associated with winners. Had Rick won, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was looking for a way of not paying and figured we would back down like the scores of people online he has threatened to sue, ruin and shut down. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:09 AM
Macedawgg

Edited: 01/28/13 1:13 AM

Oh my goodness.

Get the check, cash it, and move on!

This makes you all look unprofessional--and it was your job, MIke, to be the professional for the benefit of Hawn.

You posted the email (partial) and made the  situation public--Gingrich did not.  You demanded an apology from him as a condition to cashing the check?  

Ridiculous. 

1/28/13 1:39 AM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 01/28/13 1:41 AM
What's the issue here with Mike? Seems like he's doing his job. Did I miss something? The HTFU guy is going to be suffering the wrath of the UG for some time to come I think and it sounds like he deserves it.

Try to cancel a cashier's cheque. Awesome.

And his facebook page is back up.

https://www.facebook.com/HTFU
1/28/13 1:46 AM
Macedawgg

I have no issue with Mike at all--his job was to get Rick paid.

Doing his job? 

Go to google--search Rick Hawn. These stories are going to appear on the first page (exactly what they were supposedly attempting to avoid). 

EVERY single response, retort, and additional outlet that they fuel, will ENSURE it stays on the first page. 

Mike in posting the initial email--didn't post the entire email. 

A FAR better resolution would have been to accept the HTFU explanation of the situation as a "misunderstanding" and cash the check, and move on.  The story would have been forgotten in days.

According to the posts, this guy said he was reissuing the check already--why continue to this?  It is poor judgment.

1/28/13 1:48 AM
Macedawgg

Mike could have also avoided this entirely by simply sending an email that said:

In exchange for $1,500, Hawn agrees to wear your product at the event of __________. 

Mike could have also had a simple 1 page agreement signed--there would have been no misunderstanding at all in that scenario. 

His posts are not helping him--I am not trying to bag on Mike at all--I was actually trying to help early on.  The smarter alternative for me would have been to just watch and shake my head at the insanity.

1/28/13 2:13 AM
Bentleysuper8

Ya I googled Rick Hawn and from the first page of hits I get the impression that a douchebag sponsor refused to pay him and then backed down due to a public thrashing.

The most ground I could give you is that both sides should have got shit in writing but that does not negate the fact that Gingrich is a HUGE asshole. If he was half a man he would have sent the email complaining about treatment and let the $1500 slide instead on painting himself in a corner by calling Rick a loser.

ONE of Rick's corners wasn't wearing the shirt. Meaning the others were wearing the shirt. So it's not like no one was wearing his shitty gear. And I've worked in a T-Shirt shop and no way Rick's shirt cost $1000 to make. That's idiotic. He dumped a bunch of crap he had around his shitty apartment in a box and sent it off. The guy is a shitty businessman. He brags about clearing a million a year and has a fit over $1500. AND he has a history of exploiting fighters.

AND he tried to fuck them twice but was so stupid he didn't realize what the fuck a cashier's cheque was.
1/28/13 2:17 AM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 01/28/13 2:17 AM

And Rick showed very good will with this video pre-debacle.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.