UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/28/13 2:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No dispute about HTFU--he appears to be a jerk.

Mike's job is not jerk-police, its to represent Hawn and get Hawn paid.  That's it.

1/28/13 2:20 AM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 2:20 AM

*duplicate*

1/28/13 2:27 AM
Thacommish
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macedawgg - 

No dispute about HTFU--he appears to be a jerk.

Mike's job is not jerk-police, its to represent Hawn and get Hawn paid.  That's it.

How does informing other fighters and managers of the situation in any way reflect negatively on his image i dont understand this? If anything informing other managers and fighters of this situation seems to be the best way to prevent it from happening again. why you wanna sweep it under the rug?
1/28/13 2:47 AM
Macedawgg

How will it be swept under the rug?

They publicized the story--already. . .

Now we know, Mike doesn't send confirming emails, Mike doesn't get signed agreements, Mike continues a story after payment was promised, with positively no benefit to Hawn. . . etc.

Just poor judgment in my opinion.

I tried!

1/28/13 3:01 AM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a pretty awful situation, and really, MMA needs more professionalism.

My heart goes out to the fighters who get screwed over and over again.

All we can do going forward is ask for all contracts to be made and enforced in good faith, with no duress, screaming, threats, or blackballing of fighters for questioning terms, talking to lawyers, managers, etc.

There are important lessons to be learned everytime a fighter gets cheated or ripped off, and the next time around can be different.

1/28/13 3:37 AM
Bentleysuper8

As I learned from shady promoters, good paper makes good friends.
1/28/13 6:07 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

You know what else we could do? Try our hardest to fuck htfu over and boycott that pussy Mike Whitman's bitch ass. Phone Post
1/28/13 6:22 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Okay, maybe not whitman, but duck htfu. Phone Post
1/28/13 3:47 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tangerine Dream -  Bullshit

There is no such thing as a 'postmaster inspector'.

There is the postmaster general of each branch, and there is also the office of the postal inspector.

The postal inspectors don't look for lost packages, they look at crimes committed within the post office, like mailing drugs to someone. Phone Post

Check out the bottom comment, lol

Must be an UG/OG'er

1/28/13 8:02 PM
Bentleysuper8

This guy must either spend all day deleting shit or he hired someone to delete and block the UG mob.
1/28/13 8:12 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bentleysuper8 - This guy must either spend all day deleting shit or he hired someone to delete and block the UG mob.

Comment deleted?

From what I saw, it was a bunch of people sucking him off for "delivering their product late" lol.

He gave some bullshit excuse about the Postal Inspector and 6,000 dollars worth of product - LIke, yeah right, bull fuckin' shit buddy - Who do you think you're fooling with that nonsense?

1/28/13 8:36 PM
Bentleysuper8

TheAssMurderer - 
Bentleysuper8 - This guy must either spend all day deleting shit or he hired someone to delete and block the UG mob.

Comment deleted?

From what I saw, it was a bunch of people sucking him off for "delivering their product late" lol.

He gave some bullshit excuse about the Postal Inspector and 6,000 dollars worth of product - LIke, yeah right, bull fuckin' shit buddy - Who do you think you're fooling with that nonsense?

Since that screen shot was taken he has deleted that comment and a comment I made and I'm pretty sure he blocked me. I don't really do Facebook but I thought I'd leave him a message. It was gone very quickly.

1/28/13 8:39 PM
Bentleysuper8

And way to mix metaphors Mr. Gingrich. Life is like a never ending chess game, take the hits to end up on top? How do you "end up" on top if it never ends. And what fucking hits do you take in chess. IDIOT!
1/30/13 8:26 PM
YoungSteinel
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/07/13 9:43 PM
Edit.
1/30/13 8:34 PM
TheAssMurderer

YoungSteinel - To make the situation even weirder look at this..

Rick just put out a "Team Hawn" shirt:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/59584_10151448046313338_1997362906_n.jpg

but it looks awfully familiar to HTFU's "The Factory" shirt:

http://store.htfu.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SS046-2.jpg

Kind of lame IMO. I don't know how to embed, photos, so if someone could post that would be cool.

1/30/13 8:40 PM
YoungSteinel
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edit.
1/30/13 8:43 PM
TheAssMurderer

YoungSteinel - Rick ripped the design IMO.

Maybe not, maybe they did it up for him? I dunno, I try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

1/30/13 8:48 PM
YoungSteinel

TheAssMurderer - 

Maybe not, maybe they did it up for him? I dunno, I try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Here is his Facebook post:
"I have had a ton of requests for a "Team Hawn" T-shirt and now its available!!!
We put this together since I no longer have a shirt sponsor and I think you guys will like it.
Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing this limited addition shirt.
Will be available in a women's style v-neck shirt with pink font on front and back.
Cost will be around $25+shipping."

Kinda sketchy.
1/30/13 8:53 PM
TheAssMurderer

^^ Well, in RH's defense, all of these MMA T's are fancy like that.... The only similarities are the vertical cursive " Team Hawn" compared to "The Factory".

Maybe he did get the idea from HTFU, but IMHO, not similar enough to really say blatant theft. Sometimes people don't even realize where their genius idea came from.

I get what you're saying though - Me personally... I woulda steered clear of anything remotely similar to HTFU with the debacle going on. Hey, that's just me, though.
1/30/13 9:08 PM
YoungSteinel

Edit.
1/30/13 10:25 PM
GTFOOHWTBS
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/13 10:41 PM
ssj - Lol at claiming a common shirt design feature is ripping off a company

GTFOOHWTS

VTFU. ;)

Also here si Mark Gingrich in case you wanted to know what he looks like.

1/31/13 5:08 AM
Bentleysuper8

I think it's hilarious that Hawn's shirt is so close to Rick's. A nice FU to Mr. HTFU. You know he'll be crying over the phone and threatening to sue everyone and their dog on this one. Funny thing is that Hawn's shirt looks better than Mr. Big Shot T-Shit designer's.
1/31/13 10:39 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YoungSteinel -
TheAssMurderer - ^^ Well, in RH's defense, all of these MMA T's are fancy like that.... The only similarities are the vertical cursive " Team Hawn" compared to "The Factory".

Maybe he did get the idea from HTFU, but IMHO, not similar enough to really say blatant theft. Sometimes people don't even realize where their genius idea came from.

I get what you're saying though - Me personally... I woulda steered clear of anything remotely similar to HTFU with the debacle going on. Hey, that's just me, though.

Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense. They definitely got the idea for the placement of that, and the cursive font. They tried to change it up by putting it on the front and adding a quote on the back. I don't know, seems weird to me.
Hi Mark. Phone Post
1/31/13 11:21 AM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GTFOOHWTBS - 
ssj - Lol at claiming a common shirt design feature is ripping off a company

GTFOOHWTS

VTFU. ;)

Also here si Mark Gingrich in case you wanted to know what he looks like.

Is it common to use a picture of yourself in your ads???? Or does him love himself some him????
1/31/13 12:00 PM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YoungSteinel - 
TheAssMurderer - 

Here is his Facebook post:
"I have had a ton of requests for a "Team Hawn" T-shirt and now its available!!!
We put this together since I no longer have a shirt sponsor and I think you guys will like it.
Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing this limited addition shirt.
Will be available in a women's style v-neck shirt with pink font on front and back.
Cost will be around $25+shipping."

Kinda sketchy.

1/12/13er YoungSteinel?

Yeah, that is some kind of sketchy.

You can't "steal" common T shirt motifs that have already been used by a thousand different people. If you could, Gingrich would already be serving a thousand year sentence.

The ONLY reasonably unique feature on either shirt is the mock up of Ricks's Olympic Rings tattoo on the ribs.

GTFO of here with this trolling.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.