UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rick Hawn Ripped Off by BFC 85 Sponsor

1/22/13 4:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Phillips
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 4:44 AM

wow, his backstage pic on facebook with Rick and Firas is gone now too. (Along with the post)

*edit*

on Twitter too

1/22/13 4:51 AM
DanCrase
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is utterly disgusting

If this douche thinks sponsoring a guy who loses a fight against another top level fighter is going to hurt his business, then wait and see the damage that this is going to do to his custom once the name gets out.

I thought it was either htfu or Fuji from the start, but it's been confirmed NOT to be Fuji, so I apologise for my suspicion.

DFX are the manufacturers of Powerball, which is a well known product, so I doubt it'd be them.

Even if it's NOT htfu (and I'm pretty sure it is) that Mark Gingrich seems like a proper bellend. I'd never once heard of the company before this, and he seems a proper gimp.
1/22/13 4:57 AM
Matt Phillips
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SE555 - 

Is that normal for a fighter to accept a post-dated check? Isn't the idea to get money up front to pay for training, living, travelling other expenses?  How do you accept a post dated check with out spelled out conditions?

There are a lot of shady people in MMA and you dont really know who is on the level and who is not. My guess is, they assumed this guy was legit and didnt think twice about it.

1/22/13 5:44 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SE555 -

Is that normal for a fighter to accept a post-dated check? Isn't the idea to get money up front to pay for training, living, travelling other expenses?  How do you accept a post dated check with out spelled out conditions?

If they pays the fighter up front, how can they assure the fighter wears their patch on his shorts or their shirt on fight night. I'm not exactly sure how it works, i can see it from both sides. Phone Post
1/22/13 6:27 AM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I will not comment on Rick and his fight.

…but it only holds weight if he wins or puts on a good show. Neither happened. "

That was in the same paragraph lol Phone Post
1/22/13 6:31 AM
Bootsy Collins
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - 
IDOHARM - How fucked up would that be if every sponsor could just back out when a fighter lost. That's not the way this shit works. Condom Depot would never do that. Phone Post
I would think that Condom Depot of all sponsors, would keep you from making a deposit. Phone Post

I'm also pretty sure that 'pulling out' of sponsorship is against their mission statement :)
1/22/13 6:33 AM
Bootsy Collins
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  Its fuji sport. Phone Post

No it isn't. FS is awesome.

I just got succesive texts from the (non) sponsor -- one of him calling me an idiot and another telling me he wants Rick to take down his Tweet and for both of us to get on the phone to work things out and then he'll pay up. We gave him until 5:00 today to reverse the stop payment on the check or face a lawsuit and possible fraud charges.

He told us he doesn't comply with demands. Apparently he does when he realizes that his name will be mud.

Dayyyuummm......you're gonna take away his blue name!?
1/22/13 6:49 AM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im holding back until we know for sure.

HTFU is not confirmed, probable, but not confirmed. Witch hunting will be counter productive.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

1/22/13 6:56 AM
yellow wrkahlc

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And until moar tomatoes Phone Post

1/22/13 7:19 AM
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/22/13 7:20 AM
yellow wrkahlc

Until HTFU, this thread is now about tomatoes.

1/22/13 7:22 AM
Letibleu

Because soon these tomatoes...

1/22/13 7:24 AM
Letibleu

crossfire -  Phone Post

HA!

1/22/13 7:33 AM
baj54

In Phone Post
1/22/13 7:33 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Mike would have said its not HTFU if it wasnt, its HTFU

1/22/13 7:36 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SE555 -

It wasn't post dated. The check was sent to Rick's house in Boston when he was already in Cali for fight week. The sponsor called his bank and cancelled the check the morning after the fight. Phone Post
1/22/13 7:36 AM
Obie1FaShobie
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better late than never. In. Phone Post
1/22/13 7:39 AM
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread makes me sad cuz I don't like tomato. Phone Post
1/22/13 7:46 AM
Brigham
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is it not being said who the sponsor was? Phone Post
1/22/13 7:47 AM
Paul_Blanka_Harris

1/22/13 7:49 AM
Letibleu

GrayKickass -  This thread makes me sad cuz I don't like tomato. Phone Post

This is a Persimmon, looks like a tomato but it is another beast

1/22/13 7:49 AM
SamboMMA

ttt
1/22/13 7:51 AM
yellow wrkahlc

Letibleu - 
GrayKickass -  This thread makes me sad cuz I don't like tomato. Phone Post

This is a Persimmon, looks like a tomato but it is another beast

Reminds me of a kiwi, for some odd reason.

1/22/13 7:52 AM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT to get Hawn paid! No shame in loosing to Chandler he's a beast! Phone Post
1/22/13 8:12 AM
Swick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm kind of hoping its HTFU so all these CrossFit and Bodybuilders (+ every other person who thinks they are hard) realizes what a joke the company is....

Just glad its not headblade or some of the other brands i actually respect haha

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.