UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Che Mills: Matt Riddle 'doing something right'

1/22/13 5:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 5:00 AM

First off, I'm looking forward to this fight. Che is a consistently exciting fighter, good finisher and is always improving. With the stir Riddle has caused with the Brits, it sets up another grudge match, like when he took on Nick Osipczak a few years back.

Mills has had a tough time of late with the passing of his father, but he's using that to fuel him to take on a fighter he has respect for as he goes in there and gets the job done, ugly or not.

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/308/che-mills-ufc-on-fuel-7-london-interview-matt-riddle.htm

"Matt seems a tricky opponent," divulged the Brit. "He's not really someone that automatically comes into your head when you think of the welterweight division, but when you look at his record and see all the fights he's had in the UFC, there's no doubt he's here for a reason.

"I've heard a lot of people talk about his lack of finishes, but the way I see it is if you're winning you're doing something right, whether you're finishing or not. It may not be the most entertaining fight, but what you're doing is working, so it doesn't really matter."

That said, I still think he's got the tools to beat him. We'll find out next month!

The full UFC On Fuel 7 fight card is here.

1/22/13 5:14 AM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Matt Riddle, but I'm afraid Che's taking this one with a TKO in the second.

Of course, Matt will look to take Che down and he's perfectly capable of doing so. If that happens, we could very well see another arm-triangle finish.

1/22/13 8:38 AM
Fight! UK Online
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Che is kind of like Nick Osipczak, but a bit better at it if you get what I mean. Better TDD and definitely a powerful striker. I like his chances in this one but Riddle has improved and is effectively on a three fight win streak.

1/22/13 8:53 AM
IHangFromBJsBallSack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never noticed how much of a Matt Riddle fan I am. Go Matt ! Phone Post
1/22/13 11:40 AM
Fight! UK Online

Don't get me wrong, I like Nick and thought he could have easily had wins where the judges rendered him with losses, but Che in my opinion is a more powerful striker and has great TDD when he needs it (look at his fight with Jake Hecht in Cage Warriors). Dangerous dude. It's a shame Nick isn't fighting anymore.

1/22/13 11:46 AM
iamarealamerican

if he cant beat matt riddle he should retire from the sport forever
1/22/13 12:34 PM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Che Mills fan hope he finishes Matt quick Phone Post
1/22/13 2:21 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iamarealamerican - if he cant beat matt riddle he should retire from the sport forever

Really?

Fighting Matt Riddle ain't no picnic. I know he looked like shit in his fight with Pierson, but the guy has tons of heart and it takes him a long way. If he decides to use the obvious wrestling advantage, it's going to be a long night for Che.

1/22/13 5:41 PM
Fight! UK Online

Yeah, people can overlook Riddle but his record speaks for itself. He isn't a pushover. Not championship material in the UFC, but that's a bit harsh.

1/22/13 6:01 PM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Riddle the most successful fighter to lose in the first round of TUF? I can't really think of too many others that lost in the first round and had any kind of UFC career. I could be wrong though.
1/22/13 6:06 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got Che here. He gave trouble to Rory for the first minute of two of their first (Not that it matters) but Che was rushed into the fight with Rory as well and has had time to evolve.
1/22/13 6:20 PM
Britain`s #1 Arse Bandit

I just hope the UFC carry out stringent drug testing in London.

PEDs have been the downfall of too many British fighters as of late, although it`ll take more than a few "doobies" to save Riddle from getting bingoed.
1/22/13 6:22 PM
D241
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito Ortiz and Matt Riddle are the only guys I can think of whose fighting career took place in just the UFC.

That's impressive right there.

1/22/13 6:26 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 
iamarealamerican - if he cant beat matt riddle he should retire from the sport forever

Really?

Fighting Matt Riddle ain't no picnic. I know he looked like shit in his fight with Pierson, but the guy has tons of heart and it takes him a long way. If he decides to use the obvious wrestling advantage, it's going to be a long night for Che.

What I find strange about Riddle is his striking has almost devolved since he was on TuF.  Remember his first fight on there?  He damn near killed that guy, and it was a nice tight punch.  Now he throws crazy arm punches all the time.  I think he could really be dangerous in the division if he worked on his boxing a lot.

1/22/13 6:46 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Is Riddle the most successful fighter to lose in the first round of TUF? I can't really think of too many others that lost in the first round and had any kind of UFC career. I could be wrong though."

Marcus Davies and Melvin Guillard both lost in the 1st round. If you don't count the 'elimination' fights to actually get in the house, Court McGee lost to Nick Ring in the 1st round and then replaced him, going on to win the whole thing. If you do count the elimination round then Seth Baczynski and Costa Philippou both lost in the elimination round of the same season. Considering he's on a 5 fight win streak and is ranked #6 at MW, I'd have to pick Costa as the most successful.
1/22/13 6:50 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Tito Ortiz and Matt Riddle are the only guys I can think of whose fighting career took place in just the UFC.

Amir sadollah ( if we're talking pro career) Phone Post
1/22/13 7:06 PM
yellow wrkahlc

GriffinQ - 
D241 -

Amir sadollah ( if we're talking pro career) Phone Post

Mitrione, as well. He's on a two-fight losing streak, but to some top guys in the HW division. Not bad for a former NFL player-turned-UFC fighter.

1/23/13 3:40 PM
Fight! UK Online

Ultimate Fighter: Matt Riddle Breaks Dan Simmler's Jaw!

Motherfucker Of The Year. | Myspace Video
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Really?

What I find strange about Riddle is his striking has almost devolved since he was on TuF.  Remember his first fight on there?  He damn near killed that guy, and it was a nice tight punch.  Now he throws crazy arm punches all the time.  I think he could really be dangerous in the division if he worked on his boxing a lot.

This was brutal

1/23/13 4:26 PM
yellow wrkahlc

I love how everyone in that vid is making the "Oh shit, something's wrong with him" face, and then Matt Brown's got his usual chill face on.

lmao.

1/23/13 5:33 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

I love how everyone in that vid is making the "Oh shit, something's wrong with him" face, and then Matt Brown's got his usual chill face on.

lmao.

That video cut out the best part.  They had the guy that got KO'ed sitting on a bench off to the side after and asking him where he is.  He thought he was in sparring back home and then Rampage walks up, and he's like "What the fuck is Rampage doin here?"

1/23/13 5:57 PM
yellow wrkahlc

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

lmao.

That video cut out the best part.  They had the guy that got KO'ed sitting on a bench off to the side after and asking him where he is.  He thought he was in sparring back home and then Rampage walks up, and he's like "What the fuck is Rampage doin here?"

lmfao. please find that, I wanna see it.

1/23/13 6:01 PM
WestCoastMexican

Should be an entertaining fight and I'm excited to see if he can beat someone like Che Mills. Phone Post
1/23/13 6:09 PM
Topsyjt
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to seeing Che competing again. Great guy. Rolled with him few yrs bk in Trojans with Ronnie and Italo. Che is always in great shape. Extremely strong too. I'm not weak btw. Hopefully great win for him. Phone Post
1/23/13 6:12 PM
Knuckle Punch
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Riddle he reminds me of a young Gary Busey Phone Post
1/23/13 7:09 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360

yellow wrkahlc - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

lmao.

lmfao. please find that, I wanna see it.

Haven't been able to find it, but if you go on somewhere that you can watch the full episode of the show (It's the 2nd episode of the season) I think it's the first or second fight, so it shouldn't take too long to see it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.