UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Rashad: I'm over 230, would need a dietician

1/22/13 7:00 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On Monday ex-UFC light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans was asked on a UFC 156 media call whether he would be interested in a fight vs. UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Evans said he is interested, that a 195 class would be ideal for him, and that weight cutting got tougher after 30, so he is uncertain he can make 185. He even joked about joining a Mike Dolce diet, which could be his surest route to Middleweight.

"I am good at 205, but who's to say I'll be the same fighter at 185, when I cut that weight and how that weight cut makes me feel," said Evans. "There's a lot of variables that come into play."

""It'd be a tremendous honor to have held the belt in two different divisions. But also the chance to compete against Anderson Silva, he's one of my favorites fighters to watch. I get excited every single time I have a chance to watch him fight. When my career is all said and done, I want to be able to say I competed against some of the best guys ever in history. For me to get the chance to compete against Anderson Silva would just be an amazing experience and something I'll take with me forever."

"To be able to say I went against the best guy and beat the best guy. I believe I can beat Anderson Silva, and I believe with the skills and stuff I have is something he'd have a hard time dealing with. But competing against him first and foremost would be an honor in itself."

"Eating normally, having a day or two off, I can be 227, almost 230, without even trying. So I would really have to get a dietician."

"If an opportunity came along that made more sense, then it would be worth the sacrifice. But right now, if I'm going to drop down and be in the same place I'm at in 205, why cut the extra 20-something pounds?"

1/22/13 7:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's turned down fighting Anderson a few times in the pass, but I'm guessing it was because he didn't wanna risk a loss on his record, deferring him from title contention.

I'd love to see a drop to 185, I think he can hold that weight class down for a while after Anderson's departure, for sure.

1/22/13 7:13 AM
yellow wrkahlc

past*

1/22/13 7:31 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A 195 weight class would be awesome. Just call it Franklinweight.
1/22/13 8:23 AM
Swick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think shad at 185 would be best matchup for anderson but does he really get title shot in first 185 fight? I'd like to see him vs. weidman

1/22/13 8:28 AM
stevekt
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Rashad is trying to get the UFC to foot the bill for a diet guy.
1/22/13 8:59 AM
Swick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone call dolce.

1/22/13 9:04 AM
Kostakio
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should've been at 185 lbs. his whole career. I've met him in person and he's not that big at all. Phone Post
1/22/13 9:12 AM
BrokeFitch

i think he's right about the variables that come into play! not sure if he's able to be the same force at mw!

it's a little bit like the gsp situation! a change of the weightclass would probably be a permanent decision, but what if you lose to the champ in your first fight there? Phone Post
1/22/13 9:13 AM
GROUNDnLB
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - He should've been at 185 lbs. his whole career. I've met him in person and he's not that big at all. Phone Post
Saw him at the first toronto fan expo. Agreed. Krzysztof was WAY bigger Phone Post
1/22/13 9:33 AM
KingD87
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - He should've been at 185 lbs. his whole career. I've met him in person and he's not that big at all. Phone Post
Yeah I met him and he was barely bigger than gray Maynard and a hell of a lot more softer. Phone Post
1/22/13 9:36 AM
stevekt
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingD87 -
Yeah I met him and he was barely bigger than gray Maynard and a hell of a lot more softer. Phone Post
Maybe he just wasn't into you? Phone Post
1/22/13 9:41 AM
KingD87
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt -
KingD87 -
Lol nice Phone Post
1/22/13 9:45 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gimme a chance 'Shad. I got you. haha

1/22/13 12:16 PM
UGCTT_Song2
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingD87 -
stevekt -
KingD87 -
Lol nice Phone Post
Ha Phone Post
1/22/13 1:03 PM
MountainMedic
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah. It surprised me too. Phone Post
1/22/13 1:10 PM
hendofanforlife

Rashad was drinking a regular coke when I served him on Sunday. Perhaps it's time for diet coke. Lol
1/22/13 2:28 PM
yellow wrkahlc

hendofanforlife - Rashad was drinking a regular coke when I served him on Sunday. Perhaps it's time for diet coke. Lol

lol for real? Where do you work?

1/22/13 4:43 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, janitor

Why is this thread in the memground?

1/22/13 4:51 PM
yellow wrkahlc

What the hell? Move this back to the UG!

1/22/13 10:30 PM
hendofanforlife

yellow wrkahlc - 
hendofanforlife - Rashad was drinking a regular coke when I served him on Sunday. Perhaps it's time for diet coke. Lol

At a restaurant in Boca. I saved the table for him too. Fended everyone off so he could come back for the ravens/pats game. If rashad Evans wants me to hold a table in my section, you better believe I'm gonna do just that. Michael Johnson and rumble were there too. Would love for reem to come in Some time.
1/22/13 10:34 PM
yellow wrkahlc

hendofanforlife - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

At a restaurant in Boca. I saved the table for him too. Fended everyone off so he could come back for the ravens/pats game. If rashad Evans wants me to hold a table in my section, you better believe I'm gonna do just that. Michael Johnson and rumble were there too. Would love for reem to come in Some time.

You know why I like you? I already know you're not one of those dickheads rubbing a napkin and pen in their faces, asking for autographs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.