UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> 10 Weeks to New PR's

2/4/13 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, yeah you are probably right. Wanted to have a little fun and mix things up a bit though.

Feb 2
Box Jump for height - up to approx 50"
Deadlift - 225x5, 315x3, 365x2, 405x1, 455x1, 495x1 *New PR*
Hang Clean - 10x1 @ 135 > just some technique work for a buddy I was training with.
a)Level change pullups 3x4
b)GHR w/mini band 3x10
Atlas stone shoulder and carry - 5x30 yards (150lbs)
Prowler sprint - 5x30 yards (1 plate)

2/4/13 7:13 PM
ravenman2000
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New PR on deadlift, congrats on getting 4 plates!  You must be doing something right, that's awesome at 165.

2/5/13 7:26 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks! Thats 5 plates though ;)

Feb 4
My training partner and I were both a bit worn out (Re: Superbowl), so this turned into more of a technique day than anything.

Rev. Band Defecit deads - 8x3 @ 365lbs + med band from a 4" box
Step back lunges - 5x8 alternating legs - 135lbs
Eccentric focus bench - 8x3 4sec eccentric - 135+light band
Seated DB Clean+Press - 5x5 60lbs
2/5/13 12:04 PM
ravenman2000
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, 5 plates it is; easy for me to mix up, I'm almost at 4 plates :).

2/7/13 7:45 AM
LiftStrong

Yesterday was one of those days where you go to the gym with a plan but the chatty dudes wearing wife beaters just wont stop talking and get away from the squat racks. So had to improvise to get some work in. Ended up doing more of a speed session than anything PL oriented but still enjoyed it. Saving up for a big lift Saturday anyways.

Weighted box jump - 18" box with 40lb DB's 8x3
Lateral sled pull - 20 yds w/ 1 plate. 3 sprints each way.
Fwd-Rev-Fwd sprints - 10yds each direction 6 total sets
Goblet Squat - 3x3 120lb dumbell
RDL - 3x5 205lbs
Power runner bursts - 3 sec ecc. 170lbs + med bands. 5x5
2/11/13 1:14 PM
LiftStrong

Hit 295 on bench for a single Saturday which is a new PR, but couldnt pull what I wanted to. Didnt even budge 495 this week, but was able to hit 475 for some singles.

After this week my training and the FB player I have been working with will go seperate routes. I will be focusing on my deads and bench and I will be putting him on a sprint program. His track season starts in another 6-8 weeks and I really want to fine tune his mechanics.

I will try to post some vids later this week and hopefully get some feedback from you smart folks on technique. I've been a bit sloppy lately and could use some constructive criticism.
2/15/13 9:14 AM
LiftStrong

Staying after it but deadlifting heavy 2x per week is starting to take a toll on my hands. Hit 405 for triples yesterday but the last rep of every set was ugly as I was just struggling to keep the bar in my hands.

Anyone have some hand maintenence/recovery tips to help me out?
2/15/13 11:27 AM
vermonter
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you mean the skin, or something else?
2/15/13 3:25 PM
LiftStrong

I have been ripping off quite a bit of skin but that isnt my major concern. I'm having constant soreness (not pain) and they just feel weak. I am going to start doing some finger pull aparts with elastics and might start doing some contrasts with icy and warm water. Just wondering if anyone had some other tips/tricks they use to help out.
2/15/13 4:02 PM
ravenman2000

Edited: 02/15/13 4:20 PM

There are some great hand, finger, and forearm stretching/mobility videos (and some finger yoga) on youtube that are worth looking at.  I have to balance heavy lifting with playing music, and both will turn my hands into tired, achey lobster-claws if I am pushing it and don't give attention to stretching.  If you can get to doing it 3-4 times per day, it can make a big difference in recovery, maintaining flexibility, and fine motor movement.

2/27/13 9:49 AM
LiftStrong

Hands are doing better now. Doing lots of finger extensions with elastics has definitely helped. If my finger yoga you meant Call of Duty, then yeah been doing lots of that too!

Progress on my 1RM's has been stagnant and I was getting pretty beat up deadlifting at 90%+ twice per week. Going to go back to 1 max effort session per week of both bench and dead for the last 5 weeks. Just did a nice little 3 day deload and I'm feeling great again today.

3/12/13 7:10 AM
LiftStrong

3 1/2 weeks out. Pretty much scrapped my original training plan as due to time constraints I have been lifting with a football player I train. Training groups are growing and I've actually been approached about the possibility of opening up a training facility. Great stuff but combining that, studying (taking a masters class right now) and my day job I havent had the time to focus on myself lately.

Hadn't weighed myself in a while but noticed the abs were starting to pop out. Dropped 2 pounds, so definitely need to pick up the eating. Though my progress has been stagnant I think I can still get to my goals if I man up the next few weeks.
3/12/13 7:16 AM
Leigh
949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok hope it goes well :)
4/22/13 3:07 PM
LiftStrong

Finally got a couple videos from the meet uploaded. Didnt hit the weights I wanted but still did ok.

Vids below:

Bench 265
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j839p0KNA7o

Bench 285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J1guqJQGhs

Bench 300 missed - no vid, got it off my chest ok but stalled out.

Deadlift 465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSGy9xwPqs

Deadlift 485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBJsgUOyucM

Deadlift 500 missed - For whatever reason didnt want to keep my ass down on any of my attempts...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICNeeDClEZc
4/22/13 3:11 PM
LiftStrong

Like I said, wanted to get more 285 and 485 are still meet PR's for me. Had an awesome time at the meet regardless of the results. The guys that run the meet are top notch and everyone there is very supportive regardless of competition.

Saw a 775lbs geared bench and another guy hit something like 650 on deadlift and 600 on bench lifting Raw. Had a few friends there hit some big PR's. Pretty impressive stuff!
4/23/13 2:36 AM
Leigh
949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well done on adding 10lbs :) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.