UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: Lance Armstrong threatened to sue me

1/22/13 11:12 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong is so disgraced that he disgraces the word disgrace. He has sued so many close friends, roommates, teammates, business partners, associates, and others that he recently said he could not recall the number, or even confirm if he had or had not sued certain individuals when asked by name.

Apparently among those he threatened to sue is at least one figure from the MMA world.

Chael Sonnen recently appeared on the Jim Rome show, and revealed that he was one of the countless figures that Lance Armstrong threatened to sue, after he said Lance gave himself cancer on an interview with Pro MMA Radio.

Two days later Sonnen flatly denied ever having said a word about Lance Armstrong.

Now the Gangster from Oregon wants to talk about Armstrong, but chiefly to dismiss media references to the cyclist as a "bully."

“Why are they calling him a bully? That’s what I can’t wrap my mind brain around,” said Sonnen. “Lance is a dweeb, the only thing he’s missing is the tape on the glasses and the high water pants.”

“Who is he bullying? The guy the holding the cups of water at mile marker 6? The old lady that swerves into the bike lane? I don’t even understand the whole thing.”

“I felt it, after coming on your show. He threatened to sue me and I threated to kick his ass. And the whole thing went away."

1/22/13 11:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hubris
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's amazing how much of a career Chael's made out of being a clown
1/22/13 12:00 PM
confusionSay
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - it's amazing how much of a career Chael's made out of being a clown

It is, but the sad thing is the guy has legitimate skills that get put in the background because of it. He doesn't need the shtick imo, just to concentrate on being the beast wrestler he is
1/22/13 12:09 PM
TeamRenzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think is pretty funny and I enjoy his antics. He can fight but also has a personality which can be rare in professional sports.
1/22/13 12:10 PM
Eric Bloodaxe
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta admit, Chael has really grown on me lately.

1/22/13 12:13 PM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

confusionSay - 

It is, but the sad thing is the guy has legitimate skills that get put in the background because of it. He doesn't need the shtick imo, just to concentrate on being the beast wrestler he is

First of all it's obvious bs what chael said.

But why is it sad? Chael is probably now one of the highest earners in MMA and one of the better known names. I know people thought after anderson beat him he'd go into obscurity, but no sorry he didn't, casual fans love the guy. Everybody i talk to that doesn't follow the sport closely loves themselves some Chael sonnen.

Do you really think he'd earn the same money if he didn't talk? Would he get this tuf show, and a fight with another champion?

Of course not.

1/22/13 12:24 PM
MITman2k
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did rome ask about the 'Mexican guy' lol. Chael's Motto:If you ain't lying, you ain't trying

1/22/13 1:27 PM
Archer0545

Chael is awesome! Phone Post
1/22/13 1:56 PM
ajl416az

is it really? entertainers tend to have more success at entertaining people, when they are actually entertaining and puts effort into being entertaining

as opposed to being one of these drones, these "i'm going to do my talking in the cage" douchebags, who only refuse to talk crap because they are too scared of the repercussions, but pretends it is because they is taking the moral high ground
1/22/13 2:11 PM
rrg1

lol @ poor Chael.

You know when a guy has nothing else to give to MMA, ie he will never be the champion.
1/22/13 2:12 PM
R1WARRIOR

Chael would'nt be able to catch Lance, he would gas and lose by UD. Again, Lance would win against a opponent on gear, just like him. So in the end.....Lance is still the fcking man!!
1/22/13 2:24 PM
HandyDarsh
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHERE YOU AT LANCE???

1/22/13 2:38 PM
GSTREBENDT
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't Lance know he couldn't out run Chael if he was pissed? Yea, he could challenge him to a race at a company picnic and look like a star but if he pisses Chael off he would get run down and worked over by the Peoples Champ!
1/22/13 3:05 PM
wink91wink

There is no way Chael could outrun Lance Armstrong. The guy has trained in triathlons his entire life.
1/22/13 3:20 PM
dcase

Chael is bad for MMA.
1/22/13 3:23 PM
SonnendbySilva
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dcase - Chael is bad for MMA.
How? Phone Post
1/22/13 3:29 PM
TheKidAintMine
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Archer0545 -  Chael is awesome! Phone Post

1/22/13 3:35 PM
dcase

SonnendbySilva - 
dcase - Chael is bad for MMA.
How? Phone Post

Legitimate contenders pushed aside because of Chael's mouth delegitimizes a sport still completely seeking accepatance.
1/22/13 3:49 PM
Ghost of Retard
705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wink91wink - There is no way Chael could outrun Lance Armstrong. The guy has trained in triathlons his entire life.

Am i reading correctly or are you guys arguiing about who would win in a foot race? On an MMa Board, between a professional cycler and mma fighter.

1/22/13 3:50 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

I wish Chael could win a belt. Phone Post
1/22/13 4:12 PM
HandyDarsh
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghost of Retard -
wink91wink - There is no way Chael could outrun Lance Armstrong. The guy has trained in triathlons his entire life.

Am i reading correctly or are you guys arguiing about who would win in a foot race? On an MMa Board, between a professional cycler and mma fighter.

Hahahah Phone Post
1/22/13 4:23 PM
I got raped in jail and I loved it
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eric Bloodaxe -

Gotta admit, Chael has really grown on me lately.

same here, after the second Anderson fight I've started to like him Phone Post
1/22/13 7:14 PM
MattyJ
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrg1 - lol @ poor Chael.

You know when a guy has nothing else to give to MMA, ie he will never be the champion.
So there's only 7 or so people(champs for each weight class) that have got anything to give mma?

Used to really hate Chael but the last year or so I've done a complete 180 and think he's hilarious, as unlikely as it seems would love to see him beat Jones. Phone Post
1/22/13 7:36 PM
sssfRyan
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is great for the sport. He knows how to sell a fight, and then when getting smashed by silva he lost gracefully.

He's somebody who knows he'll never be champ so he does what he needs to to be relevant. I honestly wish there were more guys in the sport like him.

Incidentally though I remember him saying that Lance gave himself cancer. Don't remember the specific interview though. Phone Post
1/22/13 7:39 PM
ABE FROMAN

What is this source for Chael making all this crazy money? Does somebody have one?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.