UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Who wins? Hulk Vs Juggernaut

2/21/13 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hemlock
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump the thread old man!
2/21/13 3:22 PM
Zenoplata
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hemlock - 
Zenoplata - 
Hemlock - Oh hi guys.

She beats Spidey.

Sorry.

My nerd rage is tingling.

Storm is a bigger jobber than Galactus, she usually ends up spending half the battle crying in a corner because the walls are too close together.

There is no bigger jobber in Marvel writer's holster than Big G. They use him over and over and over as a chump. To defeat him means to be able to defeat a fundamental force of the Universe.

You are a fan of Spiderman - obviously - so I will forgive your hyperbole.

I should clarify what I said earlier - In the specific parameters given in the Storm vs. Spidey thread she would beat him. I see it as an "on average" kind of thing and would say that she would take 6 or 7 of 10 from Peter.

Pete would have to travel to Storm in hurricane winds and a lightning storm - it would be too much for him if you remove all of the other dynamics of their written personalities.

Why is she so useless in comics then?

I understand she has a cool powerset, but so does Spot or Canonball. But they all suck individually which makes their powerset pretty much useless.

And he can throw a car and stick to cieling, hurricane winds ain't blowing Spidey nowheres!

2/21/13 3:23 PM
Zenoplata
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BIGWHITESEXY - 

I UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO AGREE AND SAY STORM WOULD TAKE OUT SPIDEY.        ALL SHE WOULD HAVE TO DO IS FLY HIGH ENOUGH WHERE SPIDERMAN CAN'T GET TO HER AND FREEZE HIM OR ELECTROCUTE HIM.  

He could just go in a house or something.

Running away doesn't win a fight. If she flies super high in the air and causes a hurricane she'll probably end up blasting herself or knocking herself into a building.

2/21/13 3:25 PM
dizz
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He could just tell her her thighs are looking rather fat lately, and she'd probably start crying and then go to eat her sorrows away.

Because she is useless and sucks.
2/21/13 3:28 PM
Zenoplata

You know what... goddamn it i I don't care what you guys think, Spider-Man wins because he's the fucking Spider-Man! THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME RAGE!

2/21/13 3:29 PM
paw
1303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hemlock - Bump the thread old man!

1. I can't find the old thread (I searched on "spider" and "storm")

2. IIRC, 99% of the people who said "Storm" don't understand how Storm's power works.  Storm DOES NOT create weather.  Storm only manipulates existing weather patterns.  So if it ain't hurricane winds at the start of the fight, Storm has to wait until the proper weather patterns arrive from wherever she's pulling them from - let's say that's only 30 seconds (it would be considerably longer, but whatever...)  30 seconds is more than enough time for Spider-Man to close the distance, punch Storm's head right off, call Wakanda and tell BP the good news, hang up, and then call MJ to arrange for sexy time.

2/21/13 3:31 PM
Zenoplata

Hemlock - Bump the thread old man!

2/21/13 3:36 PM
Hemlock
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was Matt Murdock who did those threads iirc

All of your arguments were laid back down with precision there. Let's find this thread!
2/21/13 3:38 PM
Hemlock

Found it!

Bracket 3 First match

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=170&thread=1857859&page=1&pc=178
2/21/13 3:40 PM
Zenoplata

Fuck that thread man. Too many bad memories!

2/21/13 4:36 PM
paw
1303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

Fuck that thread man. Too many bad memories!

Exactly!

2/21/13 5:03 PM
Leigh
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spider-sense > lightning
Sticking to walls/floor with super strength > hurricane
Punching like a truck > being a sobbing girl Phone Post
2/21/13 9:26 PM
Hemlock

Read that thread again. So glorious.
2/23/13 9:09 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

This thread scares me.  It really does.  I'm afraid to participate or ref or even read the damn thing.

Here's my free idea that Marvel can use: kill Cyttorak.  Kill Cyttorak and have all of Cyttorak's power mystically inhabit the one true Juggernaut who will have a revamped powerset (and get rid of the damn forcefield...it's stupid.)

Terrible idea paw...Juggs is fine as he is...lose the forcefield and all you have is a caucasian Hulk. That's lame. The forcefield poses a unique challenge and makes everyone, except PSI and mystics, have to scramble to be resourceful and find other ways to beat him....LOL @ anyone having a problem w/ Jug's power set...He can't fly or shoot lazers...he can be beaten easily by PIS power or magic of sufficient power or just attuned to overcome his forcefield...he is meant to be a truly, short of a celestial, unstoppable physical force...Not a caucasian bleeer Hulk...not just another class 100 meathead....A truly unstoppable physical force when firing on all cylinders. Love him or hate him you best respect him when he comes in the room.
2/24/13 12:59 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Juggs is fine as he is...lose the forcefield and all you have is a caucasian Hulk. That's lame."

So you think he's been lame for the last 30 years? 

Which comics have you read where Juggernaut was not lame?

"he is meant to be a truly, short of a celestial, unstoppable physical force."

Why can't you tell me which comics you read that caused you to form this opinion? Where is this "Celestial" nonsense coming from? 

2/24/13 3:46 AM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hemlock -
orcus - 

How does Spiderman beat lightning or a tornado?

Respected forum member orcus with the objective assessment.

Spidey routinely beats lightning and other elementals. The main factor was that the fight took place in manhattan.

Id bump the thread if i knew which battle it was.

The spidey fans owned you storm jerks. Phone Post
2/24/13 3:48 AM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Missed this page. I'm gonna the read that battle thread in a little bit.

Storm loses. Phone Post
2/24/13 12:02 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/13 12:02 PM
2/24/13 12:05 PM
SKARHEAD

Edited: 02/24/13 1:29 PM
2/24/13 12:09 PM
SKARHEAD

Edited: 02/24/13 1:30 PM
2/24/13 1:37 PM
SKARHEAD

orcus - 

"Juggs is fine as he is...lose the forcefield and all you have is a caucasian Hulk. That's lame."

So you think he's been lame for the last 30 years? 

Which comics have you read where Juggernaut was not lame?

"he is meant to be a truly, short of a celestial, unstoppable physical force."

Why can't you tell me which comics you read that caused you to form this opinion? Where is this "Celestial" nonsense coming from? 

Come on orcus, you are the only person in existence who is actually trying to make a case for Juggernaut NOT possessing a mentally activated forcefield...ONLY YOU.

You aren't going to convince anyone of that story. Marvel is notorious for continuity blunders, but the facts remain....EVERY SINGLE VERSION of the OHOTMU states Juggernaut has a forcefield when he wants it....The RPG game says exactly the same thing...So do the trading cards...The official Marvel website (Marvel.com) says he has it...Go there and read it RIGHT NOW if you wish....every Marvel/mutant/Juggernaut fansite says the same....and there's plenty of continuity to back it up too (more than you previously thought)...IN PRINT....just like the OHOTMU, RPGgame, trading cards,and Offcial Marvel website state.

Why don't you go write Marvel and complain them about the forcefield and tell them to fix this to your liking....get back to us when your agenda comes full circle and Marvel officially changes his powerset from their official website, every version of the OHOTMU, the trading cards, the RPG game, and deny every instance of it ever appearing in continuity spanning over many years and titles.

EVERY single version of the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe, The OFFCIAL Marvel website, the RPG games, the trading cards, and several issues of actual Marvel continuity spanning over many years CLEARLY CLEARLY state and show that Juggernaut has a mentally activated forcefield.

However, we should ignore all this and accept that Juggernaut actually in no way possesses this power on any level...and never did...because orcus says otherwise. He has spoken. He has spun the truth...he has the final say. orcus knows.

RECOGNIZE !!!

lol

Just kidding man. Happy Sunday
2/24/13 2:29 PM
Zenoplata

Guys. How the fuck does Spider-Man get effected by winds? He sticks to shit and it super strong. He's not gonna blow away, that's the dumbest thing ever. One of his powers is literally being ridiculously sticky.

2/24/13 10:10 PM
orcus

Edited: 02/24/13 10:13 PM

"Why don't you go write Marvel and complain them about the forcefield and tell them to fix this to your liking."

You mean tell them the forcefield is stupid and they should stop writing it into his comics? Oh wait, they've already done that, possibly before you were born (don't know how old you are, sorry). What do I need them to fix again?

Skarhead...dude...

You said Juggernaut without a forcefield is lame. Your words, not mine.

There has been, as far as I can think of or as far as you Juggernaut fanboys can educate me, NOT ONE mention of or depiction of a forcefield in ANY of Juggernaut's appearances in literally almost 30 years now.

So by your own definition, Juggernaut is lame, right? And has been ever since the early 80s? And the last time he was not "lame" was when he was a mutant who, with the forcefield out of the equation, got beat the fuck up in under 60 seconds by an unarmed Thor? Is that right?

Is the only not "lame" Juggernaut the guy in the RPG and OHOTMU who never actually appears in any comics? That's pretty much the only conclusion I can take away from what you guys are saying, because your fantasy version of Juggernaut simply doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.

2/28/13 12:55 AM
SKARHEAD

orcus - 

"Why don't you go write Marvel and complain them about the forcefield and tell them to fix this to your liking."

You mean tell them the forcefield is stupid and they should stop writing it into his comics? Oh wait, they've already done that, possibly before you were born (don't know how old you are, sorry). What do I need them to fix again?

Skarhead...dude...

You said Juggernaut without a forcefield is lame. Your words, not mine.

There has been, as far as I can think of or as far as you Juggernaut fanboys can educate me, NOT ONE mention of or depiction of a forcefield in ANY of Juggernaut's appearances in literally almost 30 years now.

So by your own definition, Juggernaut is lame, right? And has been ever since the early 80s? And the last time he was not "lame" was when he was a mutant who, with the forcefield out of the equation, got beat the fuck up in under 60 seconds by an unarmed Thor? Is that right?

Is the only not "lame" Juggernaut the guy in the RPG and OHOTMU who never actually appears in any comics? That's pretty much the only conclusion I can take away from what you guys are saying, because your fantasy version of Juggernaut simply doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.

orcus...you're WRONG. Nice tangent you went off on....but you're still WRONG.

Only in YOUR fantasy realm does Juggernaut not possess a mentally activated forcefield.

And since you are the only weirdo in existence actually trying to make a case for several examples of Marvel continuity spanning many years and several titles, EVERY single version of the OHOTMU, the Offcial Marvel website,the trading cards, the RPG game, and every mutant/Juggernaut fansite on the internet being WRONG...then the responsibility falls on YOU to PROVE otherwise...and picking and choosing the examples in continuity that jive with your weird agenda while simply deciding to ignore all the examples that say "YOU'RE WRONG" (as well as ignoring all OHOTMU's, trading cards,fansites, and the official Marvel website) just isn't going to cut it...you're so blatantly wrong it's not even funny, but it's hilarious to watch you waste your time and energy trying to prove otherwise because you dug yourself in deep and are simply completely incapable of admitting you're wrong.

You're going to have to get in contact w/ Marvel and get them to agree with you and admit that all their source material is DEAD WRONG because you are right....Get back to us when you've completed this task and I'll change my screen name to whatever you want.

In other words...you're wrong. Again.
2/28/13 9:36 AM
orcus

lol @ Skarhead not answering a single one of my questions. I'll try again with the most important one:

What comics made you such a big fan of Juggernaut? Which appearances "got it right" for you? You have extremely strong opinions about which appearances DON'T get it right, so which ones did?

lol @ Skarhead feebly accusing me of "picking and choosing examples" when all I'm doing is pointing out that there are only maybe 5 appearances out of hundreds in which Juggernaut had a forcefield, and the most recent of those was almost 30 years ago.

Forcefield and energy globules : Stupid ideas abandoned by every writer.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.