UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Who wins? Hulk Vs Juggernaut

2/28/13 10:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OHOTMU is terrible. Just like the comics, the writers can be really ill informed.

I believe that every handbook edition has mention of juggernauts forcefield even if there aren't many examples in the comics.

However, I'd like to see canon examples of juggernauts force field really being impervious to damage. If it exists.

All claims for power sets should have at least a few examples of the power. This is why its a stretch to say sue storm could expand a bubble in someone like hulks head. Where are the real examples and are they just examples of PIS or valid indications of the characters true ability? Phone Post
2/28/13 10:07 AM
None So Blind
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why I don't read hero comics any more :-(

Kids let this stuff slide all the time - grown-ups ask picky little questions here and there, and the loose editorial control ensures that the whole house of cards comes tumbling down once even a small but valid criticism is raised...
2/28/13 4:36 PM
Zenoplata
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So have we finally come to terms with the reality that Hulk would kick Bubble-Boys ass?

2/28/13 10:35 PM
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to admit I'm being swayed more towards hulk since the juggernauts invulnerability is being called into question.

Hulk is faster and should be stronger. If the invulnerability is closer to even, I can see hulk out landing for a Tko/KO. Phone Post
3/3/13 9:47 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  I have to admit I'm being swayed more towards hulk since the juggernauts invulnerability is being called into question.

Hulk is faster and should be stronger. If the invulnerability is closer to even, I can see hulk out landing for a Tko/KO. Phone Post

The Juggernaut's invulnerabili8ty isn't being called into question. That's just orcus, all by himself, taking on some weird loon agenda..Hulk and Juggernaut;s invulnerability isn't anywhere close to even.

Hulk bleeds like a stuck pig every other issus...Juggernaut simply does not.

Hulk is beaten sensless and all over any boom by Thor and his hammer....Thor's hammer can do LITERALLY zero physical harm to Juggernat's forcefield. NOTHING.

Hulk stronger ? Since when ? Juggernaut has always stopped him in his tracks and at the very least stalemated HUlk (we'll try to ignore the time Juggernaut slapped Hulk in a headlock that Hulk COULD NOT BREAK OUT OF and knocked him ouyt cold w/ a series of VERY short punches to the face....Hulk was out cold for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time)....Hulk has more feats and opportunities to display his strength....because he is a mainstream Marvel hero...with his own book. Juggernaut is a villain who makes a few appearences a year...but what's important is that Juggernaut doesn't strain or even seem to work hard when grappling w/ Hulk...actuqlly he generally bullies the Hulk, laughs at him, and makes even super duper suped up World War Hulk look ordinary and beats hum bloody.

Hulk likes to yel' "HULK STRONGEST !!"....but whenever Juggernaut shows up he suddenly doesn't seem so strong or is dominant....and the big bully suddenly gets bullied himself...and like always has to resort to some very UN-Hulk-=like ways of pulling out a win....because "HULK SMASH !!!" suddenly doesn't work and an unimpressed Juggernaut is having his way with him.

And this is usually when Hulk will call in for HELP (proff X, Jean Grey, Mentallo)....or resort to battlefield removal because he simply can't get it donme w/ pure horsepower on his own.

Hulk gets mad and calls upon a near limitless sourse of energy and power from whatever dimension his gamma powers spawn from....and Juggernaut call upon a near limitless well of power from Cytorakk and the dimension that he rules over....ZERO reason to think that Hulk draws upon more power and has more available to him....Especially when they lock up....Hulk is the strongest one and can move anything....but Juggernaut moves the Hulk.
3/3/13 10:58 PM
Zenoplata
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD - 
MarkRobinson -  I have to admit I'm being swayed more towards hulk since the juggernauts invulnerability is being called into question.

The Juggernaut's invulnerabili8ty isn't being called into question. That's just orcus, all by himself, taking on some weird loon agenda..Hulk and Juggernaut;s invulnerability isn't anywhere close to even.

Hulk bleeds like a stuck pig every other issus...Juggernaut simply does not.

Hulk is beaten sensless and all over any boom by Thor and his hammer....Thor's hammer can do LITERALLY zero physical harm to Juggernat's forcefield. NOTHING.

Hulk stronger ? Since when ? Juggernaut has always stopped him in his tracks and at the very least stalemated HUlk (we'll try to ignore the time Juggernaut slapped Hulk in a headlock that Hulk COULD NOT BREAK OUT OF and knocked him ouyt cold w/ a series of VERY short punches to the face....Hulk was out cold for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time)....Hulk has more feats and opportunities to display his strength....because he is a mainstream Marvel hero...with his own book. Juggernaut is a villain who makes a few appearences a year...but what's important is that Juggernaut doesn't strain or even seem to work hard when grappling w/ Hulk...actuqlly he generally bullies the Hulk, laughs at him, and makes even super duper suped up World War Hulk look ordinary and beats hum bloody.

Hulk likes to yel' "HULK STRONGEST !!"....but whenever Juggernaut shows up he suddenly doesn't seem so strong or is dominant....and the big bully suddenly gets bullied himself...and like always has to resort to some very UN-Hulk-=like ways of pulling out a win....because "HULK SMASH !!!" suddenly doesn't work and an unimpressed Juggernaut is having his way with him.

And this is usually when Hulk will call in for HELP (proff X, Jean Grey, Mentallo)....or resort to battlefield removal because he simply can't get it donme w/ pure horsepower on his own.

Hulk gets mad and calls upon a near limitless sourse of energy and power from whatever dimension his gamma powers spawn from....and Juggernaut call upon a near limitless well of power from Cytorakk and the dimension that he rules over....ZERO reason to think that Hulk draws upon more power and has more available to him....Especially when they lock up....Hulk is the strongest one and can move anything....but Juggernaut moves the Hulk.

3/4/13 9:19 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's very mad, that's why he can't answer my extraordinarily simple questions.

The funniest is how he's using as his gold standard of "correct writing" when it comes to Juggs' forcefield an issue where Juggernaut was also a mutant, where his forcefield had a bizarre slowing effect extending several feet out, and where without that forcefield it took an unarmed Thor just 60 seconds to beat the snot out of Juggs.

3/4/13 11:06 AM
orcus

".ZERO reason to think that Hulk draws upon more power and has more available to him."

No reason at all...except that every edition of OHOTMU ever published -- remember how you were all up OHOTMU's ass a minute ago? -- and 90% of all comics featuring Hulk ever published, have explicitly stated that Hulk's strength is potentially limitless. Nothing has said the same about Juggernaut.

Let's see how quickly Skarhead can backpedal from his "what OHOTMU says, goes" stance:

photo jugg-update89.jpg

photo jugg-mast90.jpg

photo hulk-mast90.jpg

photo ohotv2-89up.jpg

3/5/13 7:28 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/05/13 7:28 PM
lol
3/5/13 7:30 PM
SKARHEAD

orcus, aren't you all about going by the larger numbers and averages ??

So this one class 90 example stacked against the OVERWHELMINGLY larger number of various sources that clearly state Juggernaut is stronger than class 100 and the upper limit of his strength is not known....vs orcus' ONE example of him having class 90 strength.

Orcus example clearly trumps all others.

According to orcus the only acceptable and credible version of a fully powered Juggernaut does not and absolutely never did possess a mentally activated forcefield and is merely class 90 strength.

lol
3/5/13 11:36 PM
Zenoplata

I think it's time we give this thread a rest, Hulk clearly won and it's not even close.

All the Juggersnot fans did was establish he's a vagina that hides behind a bubble.

HULK > Bubble-Boy! Next thread!

3/5/13 11:47 PM
Stronghold
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Professor Hulk is kind of a jerkoff and Joe Fixit is just an asshole. WWH is rage fueled unstoppable.

"I want to hear you scream". He said to that asshole on the Moon.
3/5/13 11:51 PM
Hemlock
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is the same answer as always.

If it is a tug of war contest, Juggy wins.

If it is a fight, Hulk wins.
3/6/13 12:20 AM
orcus

Edited: 03/06/13 12:41 PM

"So this one class 90 example stacked against the OVERWHELMINGLY larger number of various sources that clearly state Juggernaut is stronger than class 100 and the upper limit of his strength is not known.."

lol @ "larger number of various sources that clearly state Juggernaut is stronger than class 100"...how about you start by just posting one or two of them? And I hope you mean actual sources. Since class 100 means "lift over 100 tons" -- i.e. without bothering to guess at an upper limit -- you've got your work cut out for you. For example, Galactus is class 100. 

"According to orcus the only acceptable and credible version of a fully powered Juggernaut does not and absolutely never did possess a mentally activated forcefield and is merely class 90 strength."

No, you misunderstand. I'm proving that of the few versions of OHOTMU that actually say he's truly invulnerable (rather than just "extraordinarily resistant to injury"), two ALSO say he is only class 90 strength. So are those editions right or wrong? If they're wrong, then how many editions are left that talk about him being truly invulnerable (with or without the forcefield)? Any of them? You've been arguing about this for years now, have you really still not bothered to actually look any of these things up?

3/6/13 12:41 AM
orcus

Skarhead, why is it utterly impossible for you to tell us which comics featuring a "correctly written" Juggernaut defined the character for you, along with putting such strong convictions in your mind of how strong and indestructible he is that you will argue about it for literally years?

Why can't you do that?

3/6/13 1:59 AM
Leigh
974 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This ownage is brutal. I almost can't watch. Almost. Phone Post
3/7/13 10:58 AM
SKARHEAD

orcus - 

Skarhead, why is it utterly impossible for you to tell us which comics featuring a "correctly written" Juggernaut defined the character for you, along with putting such strong convictions in your mind of how strong and indestructible he is that you will argue about it for literally years?

Why can't you do that?

orcus...you are the only person in existence making this silly argument...therefore Marvel and all their source material is right and you are wrong. Take a stroll over to the official website and check again :) I''m sorry this troubles you...No matter what you say....just check the offcial source material or several sources of continuity....Oh look, you're still 100% wrong.

Juggernaut has a forcefield. This will not change because orcus feels like it...lol
3/7/13 11:16 AM
orcus

Edited: 03/07/13 11:22 AM

Holy lol @ that blatant duck of a very simple question! I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that. And somehow, quoting my question only to post something that doesn't address it in the slightest fashion just makes it more hilarious.

I'll just keep reposting it until you can somehow figure out a good answer to a very simple question that requires no research on your part whatsoever:

Which comics featuring a "correctly written" Juggernaut defined the character for you, along with putting such strong convictions in your mind of how strong and indestructible he is that you will argue about it for literally years?

3/7/13 12:07 PM
SKARHEAD

LOL, your issue is with Marvel, not with me...They've certainly had a history of bad editing and letting writers not do their homework...THIS is what's at work here, not that your weird little crusade is justified....but when the continuity matches up w/ the OHOTMU, Official Marvel website, RPG game, tradingcards, and all fansites....well that's closer to reality than whatever weird little world orcus wants to create so he can feel "right".

Truth is that Juggernaut's forcefield is CLEARLY listed as being mentally activated...meaning that it is a concious act to turn it on...meaning it's only on when he wills it to be. Otherwise he's around regular Hulk-like class 100 level invulnerability. Which is normally far more than enough....which can recieve the blame for why sometimes he has it and sometimes he doesn't...in reality it's writers not bothering to do their homework, but that's the no prize answer.

However the facts remain....The examples of the forcefield appearing IN CONTINUITY exist...and Jack Funk posted at least 6 examples of the forcefield appearing in continuity.

So at least 6 examples of it appearing in continuity....the OHOTMU, the OFFICIAL Marvel website, the RPG game, the trading cards, Wiki, every fansite......vs a few instances where the writers/editors didn't do their HW.

So we should just completely ignore 6 examples of continuity spanning several years and titles...plus al;l the source material....because orcus has decides that only the examples that jive with his weird agenda are worthy of attention...and everything that clearly says he is 100% wrong should be ignored...because he says so.

L O L

Like I said...your issue is with Marvel and the fact that they're telling you you're wrong. The various examples of continuity are there...TOHOTMU says you're sooo wrong...as does their official website...and Wiki...and the RPG game...and the trading cards...and the fansites....and lol
3/7/13 12:22 PM
orcus

hoiy lmao, you really can't do it. You really can't tell me what comics made you go "whoa this Juggernaut guy is awesome" and made you turn up on multiple forums for years on end to argue with people who dared to suggest Juggs is not truly invulnerable and is not stronger than Hulk.

Instead you'll post multiple paragraph rants against a hilarious strawman you've invented.

Which comics featuring a "correctly written" Juggernaut defined the character for you, along with putting such strong convictions in your mind of how strong and indestructible he is that you will argue about it for literally years?

3/7/13 12:31 PM
SKARHEAD

You're not in control here. You're trying to make your vision of Juggernaut not posessing a forcefield a reality. At least 6 seperate examples of actual in print continuity, TOHOTMU, The Official Marvel Website, The trading cards, the RPG game, Wiki, and all the fansites simply prove you wrong.

Dude...just deal with it. You're just wrong. As in not right. Wrong.
3/7/13 12:35 PM
orcus

Is this frightening display of avoidance an admission that you have never read a single comic in your entire life that fits your fantasy of what Juggernaut "really is", and yet you will still go on multiple forums over the course of several years and tell people that their opinion -- based on actual comics they have read and can post -- is wrong?

3/7/13 1:08 PM
SKARHEAD

lol
3/7/13 1:19 PM
orcus

I'll take that as a "yes".

3/7/13 1:47 PM
orcus

I'll make it EVEN EASIER for you. This time it's just a yes/no question, surely even you can do that:

Have you ever in your life read a comic that you feel depicted Juggernaut as the character is truly meant to be?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.