UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roach: GSP is not going to stand w Nick Diaz

1/22/13 3:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - No disrespect, I know he's a great boxing coach, but has Roach always talked like that? Did something trigger the slurred, stuttering speech or has that been present from childhood?
He has parkinsons Phone Post
1/22/13 3:29 PM
Tad Ghostal
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - No disrespect, I know he's a great boxing coach, but has Roach always talked like that? Did something trigger the slurred, stuttering speech or has that been present from childhood?

Parkinson's
1/22/13 3:31 PM
dabigchet

J_Swift - 
UGCTT_Blake -
J_Swift - Are people supposed to be surprised GSP's game plan will be based on take downs, safe/calculated ground and pound and keeping distance on the feet? Phone Post
Is there another way to beat Diaz? Phone Post
Not that I can see but I'm not an expert on these things. Phone Post

takedown and control has been established as the best way to beat diaz.

condit exposed diaz's style a little bit in their last fight no matter what you think about the decision. i know a lot of people didn't like the fight, but i thought it was brilliant and not boring at all, but i am like that. that's two ways.

KJ was able to bust up nick pretty good too. not sure if anyone else could pull that off. hendricks maybe.

so, that is 3. all 3 were pretty systematic as opposed to GSP's losses which were both very isolated, got caught kind of moments.

nick is going to be on his back in the first minute of the fight and will be put there again and again, and the GNP is going to be brutal. never been so sure of a major title fight.
1/22/13 3:34 PM
MMARAIDER

Remember nicks face after BJ penn? GSP is gonna destroy him Phone Post
1/22/13 3:35 PM
youarewhatiswrong
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARAIDER - 
youarewhatiswrong - No disrespect, I know he's a great boxing coach, but has Roach always talked like that? Did something trigger the slurred, stuttering speech or has that been present from childhood?
He has parkinsons Phone Post

Ah, that's a shame.
1/22/13 3:35 PM
J_Swift

dabigchet -
J_Swift - 
UGCTT_Blake -
J_Swift - Are people supposed to be surprised GSP's game plan will be based on take downs, safe/calculated ground and pound and keeping distance on the feet? Phone Post
Not that I can see but I'm not an expert on these things. Phone Post

takedown and control has been established as the best way to beat diaz.

condit exposed diaz's style a little bit in their last fight no matter what you think about the decision. i know a lot of people didn't like the fight, but i thought it was brilliant and not boring at all, but i am like that. that's two ways.

KJ was able to bust up nick pretty good too. not sure if anyone else could pull that off. hendricks maybe.

so, that is 3. all 3 were pretty systematic as opposed to GSP's losses which were both very isolated, got caught kind of moments.

nick is going to be on his back in the first minute of the fight and will be put there again and again, and the GNP is going to be brutal. never been so sure of a major title fight.
You calling for a finish or decision? Phone Post
1/22/13 3:37 PM
SonofJockstrap
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's too bad Freddie doesn't have the money Marty Mcfly does to stay in better health, but it's good to see he's still in high spirits. He's also 100% correct, why would GSP stand and trade with Diaz and give him the exact fight he wants? Freddie isn't going to blow smoke up GSP's ass about the fight, and even if GSP or anyone in his camp thinks he's better than Nick standing up, they know he has an advantage on the ground, so they're going to work to where his biggest advantage is. It's not rocket science.

1/22/13 3:40 PM
Joe_Drogan420

lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

Guess all you keyboard warriors know boxing better than Roach.
1/22/13 3:41 PM
dabigchet

"You calling for a finish or decision?"

decision probably, diaz is a tough motherfucker.
1/22/13 3:47 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

6ULDV8 -

It's going to go to the ground and Diaz is going to go go GSP.  I mean what the fuck homie.

Someone will try to put the belt on Diaz's waist, Nick will throw it down on the ground, spit on it and then scream:

CesarGracieJiuJitsuStockton209What!

And then leave the building, like a fucking goddam boss.

He might flip everyone the bird and he might not, but at that point it really wouldn't matter anymore.

Fuck yeah! Phone Post
1/22/13 3:48 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

He's not going to outbox him, but you can be sure he's going stick a jab in Nick's face right before taking him down and outgrappling him.

1/22/13 3:49 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP will finish Nick

1/22/13 3:56 PM
Death Beast

I don't think GSP will be as scared of Nick's standup as people seem to think. Nick isn't exactly a power puncher, which is what GSP is mostly afraid of. He won't stand with his back on the fence getting combo'd up, but I don't think he'll be 'scared' of getting punched a couple of times by Nick.
He may light him up standing just to prove a point. If he's as pissed as they've been saying he is, then there's a good chance he's going for the kill and not a decision. Ask Penn/Serra about the difference a pissed off GSP makes.
1/22/13 3:56 PM
Tad Ghostal
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

GSP will finish Nick

How?
1/22/13 3:58 PM
Tad Ghostal

Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

It's a shame that they won't just be boxing, otherwise your post might have a point.
1/22/13 4:05 PM
suess
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tad Ghostal - 
suess - 

GSP will finish Nick

How?

TKO in the 3rd or 4th

1/22/13 4:07 PM
suess

did Freddie say Nick would outbox GSP or just that GSP wouldn't stand with him?  i didn't watch the vid so this is actually a serious question.

1/22/13 4:13 PM
Masakyst
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
1/22/13 4:16 PM
Tad Ghostal

suess - 
Tad Ghostal - 
suess - 

GSP will finish Nick

How?

TKO in the 3rd or 4th

I meant how do you see it happening; big strike standing followed up by GnP? Accumulation of punishment (a la Roy vs Kimbo)? Cuts stoppage?
1/22/13 4:17 PM
UGCTT croy_00
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Blake - 

Drug test.
1/22/13 4:25 PM
suess

Tad Ghostal - 
suess - 
Tad Ghostal - 
suess - 

GSP will finish Nick

How?

TKO in the 3rd or 4th

I meant how do you see it happening; big strike standing followed up by GnP? Accumulation of punishment (a la Roy vs Kimbo)? Cuts stoppage?

accumulation of damage over the first 3 rounds.  i have a tiny shred of hope that GSP really was offended by Diaz and will be bringing some fire to this one.  

1/22/13 4:38 PM
Tad Ghostal

^He came out aggressively against Condit, I can't imagine him letting Diaz come forward. I seriously doubt he gets the finish though, even if he does go balls to the wall, the combination of Diaz's chin and skills on his back means he must be one of the most difficult fighters to finish.
1/22/13 4:59 PM
UGSlapshot

MMARAIDER -
UGSlapshot -
You would be surprised how many ppl feel GSP could beat Nick standing without going to the ground, I'm not one of them.

Can a blue repost the video for me please. Phone Post
Gsp beats nick in ever Mariam art bjj included! Phone Post
The same GSP who couldn't sub Dan Hardy, that GSP?

Don't get me wrong he beat him soundly but do you honestly think Dan Hardy could Stonewall Nick like that.. come on dude.

Furthermore Condit beat Diaz and GSP beat Condit if you are a mma math type think about this, Condit almost finished GSP and exchange with him freely, he wanted nothing to do with exchanging punches with Nick and never came close to finishing him.

That of course doesn't mean Nick is going to beat GSP but it does lend some amount of creedence to the opinion that GSP wont fair well if he stands with Nick.

I think GSP should be favored but you have got to keep some perspective. Phone Post
1/22/13 5:17 PM
UGSlapshot

Edited: 01/22/13 5:25 PM
Yeah I didn't know he had a health issue before but I could tell from that interview.

Its unfortunate he has Parkinson's.
1/22/13 5:28 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i believe gsp will beat nick standing and on the ground.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.