UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roach: GSP is not going to stand w Nick Diaz

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/28/13 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joe schmoe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/28/13 12:27 PM
the fact is that diaz has been saying hed whip georges ass in mma for 6 years and now we are gonna see him get his mouth shut and possibly his career ended for it. this is a classic case of letting your mouth write a check that your ass cant cash. it doesnt matter that roach was being the nice guy he is and tried to stroke nicks ego a little bit. maybe he sees it as nick might want to come to his gym one day where he can get some solid advice and freddy can make a few bucks?
1/28/13 12:19 PM
joe schmoe

Edited: 01/28/13 12:22 PM
now i hope the day after this fight i can become a diaz fan, because i love the way he brings it and always comes forward. i dont like his attitude, his mouth, his coach, and his delusional opinion that he is top 5 because he had some success against a couple seat fillers dana brought in to sell tickets in the uk, a way over rated cyborg, and went 1-1 against noons at 160. noons went 5 rds with him in the rematch and had a broken hand for the entire fight. he dominated him and taught him the body shot in the first fight and a doctor felt that it was best for nicks safety to stop that fight after 5 minutes. it was not a cut, it was 4 cuts. it required reconstructive plastic surgery right after the fight and you guys say he had sharp bones that he needed to get filed down. maybe they did do that, but it was an after thought during the repair of the damage kj did. nick needs this dose of reality hes about to get, and even better than that, his fans are gonna see it. cant wait to become a diaz fan when he gains some humility after this fight.
1/28/13 12:55 PM
UGSlapshot

fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

Guess all you keyboard warriors know boxing better than Roach.

this isn't boxing, its mma

and yeah, GSP would beat the shit outta Diaz
No he wouldn't and they didn't ask if GSP would attempt to box Nick in a boxing match they asked if the planned to strike with nick in a mma fight and the answer was no, they needed to refine more... Phone Post

do you really think that GSP's camp is gonna make they're gameplan public?
Did the public not know his gameplan?

Because exotic aliens on a undiscovered planet we didn't know existed, already know gsp's gameplan.... Phone Post

What?  He always has different gameplans.  For guys like Hardy/Alves he'll take them down early and often.  For Shields it was to stand the first 4.5 minutes of each round.  That was pretty much a straight stand up fight.  For BJ it was to immediately clinch and put him against the fence to tire his arms/shoulders out and take away his boxing.

Ok ill concede he changes his gameplan to a degree.

I still don't think there's a mystery as to what GSP is going to come out and do in this fight.

If he stands with Nick for the majority of each round, if thats his gameplan. I believe he'll lose but we all know the majority of this fight will be spent on the ground.

If it ends up a striking affair everyone should be happy no matter who wins but just I don't see GSP attempting that. Phone Post

He doesn't change his gameplan merely to a degree. He and his coaches are of the best at adapting his gameplan for each individual fight and GSP sticks to it to a tee.
You're right he completely reinvents himself every time we see him fight specifically to execute a bold new game plan he's never used before.

It's like I'm watching a different fighter every time GSP gets in the Octagon. Phone Post
1/28/13 1:31 PM
BobbyDigital420
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is all trolling on GSP's part...

first, Bendo showed the blueprint

then Roach says this... he won't stand...

he's trying to confuse him and make sure Nick doesn't know what he's going to do.

Nick's gonna train, he's solid and well rounded too....

oh frig I can't wait for this fight!!

1/28/13 1:40 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LEG KICKS...............

1/28/13 1:51 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smart move.

1/28/13 1:59 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he wont.....

Always love hearing Freddy but i dont even no why i am reaction to something this obvious myself.

Anyways i dont begrudge GSP for it. Nick needs to improve his take-down defense. Always been his weak point. If he cant then he never be a champion,simply as that.

1/28/13 2:06 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EDIT: The question was phrased somewhat weird, me thinks. The interviewer said "do you think GSP will be ready to (stand with Nick) with what he has learned (so far)?"

and Freddie Roach quickly answered, without hesitation, "no". It could be because they didn't finish their training, gameplanning, etc and also, because GSP won't just STAND THERE AND BOX NICK...If he spends any time standing it will be really out of range, or inside where he will go for TDs. 

1/28/13 2:07 PM
JohnnyChrist

I took that Freddie Roach answer as "we aren't where we want to be striking wise for Nick Diaz but we are training to be there by the time fight comes."

As in, "we have a lot of work to do, and we will get there"
1/28/13 2:22 PM
UGSlapshot

BobbyDigital420 -

this is all trolling on GSP's part...

first, Bendo showed the blueprint

then Roach says this... he won't stand...

he's trying to confuse him and make sure Nick doesn't know what he's going to do.

Nick's gonna train, he's solid and well rounded too....

oh frig I can't wait for this fight!!

I think you're confused, Nick and Nate fight differently standing and on the ground, bendo didn't show us shit in respect to Nick. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:27 PM
UGSlapshot

JohnnyChrist - I took that Freddie Roach answer as "we aren't where we want to be striking wise for Nick Diaz but we are training to be there by the time fight comes."

As in, "we have a lot of work to do, and we will get there"
That's possible I just don't see how GSP has became this striking legend when clearly in my mind he's not. Phone Post
1/28/13 2:29 PM
joe schmoe

Edited: 01/28/13 2:30 PM
how did diaz become a striking legend in your mind? outboxing smaller guys in a weight class specifically made for him in elite xc? the c league at the time.
1/28/13 2:33 PM
suess
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Diaz's striking mostly because he utilizes body shots.  i love me some body shots!  

1/28/13 3:13 PM
JunkieDog

UGSlapshot - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
Joe_Drogan420 - lol @ all the UG'ers saying GSP would outbox Nick Diaz in that thread a couple days ago.

No he wouldn't and they didn't ask if GSP would attempt to box Nick in a boxing match they asked if the planned to strike with nick in a mma fight and the answer was no, they needed to refine more... Phone Post

Because exotic aliens on a undiscovered planet we didn't know existed, already know gsp's gameplan.... Phone Post

What?  He always has different gameplans.  For guys like Hardy/Alves he'll take them down early and often.  For Shields it was to stand the first 4.5 minutes of each round.  That was pretty much a straight stand up fight.  For BJ it was to immediately clinch and put him against the fence to tire his arms/shoulders out and take away his boxing.

I still don't think there's a mystery as to what GSP is going to come out and do in this fight.

If he stands with Nick for the majority of each round, if thats his gameplan. I believe he'll lose but we all know the majority of this fight will be spent on the ground.

If it ends up a striking affair everyone should be happy no matter who wins but just I don't see GSP attempting that. Phone Post

No, just no. If GSp stands for 4 minutes of each round then takes him down, it will be because he's winning the stand up. If he isn't having the success he's after he'll take him down sooner and he'll take him down at will.

Pitter patter slap boxing, plodding footwork and BJJ he'll only be able to use while being on bottom of the guy who has the best wrestling for MMA, EVER... does that sound like a recipe for beating the WW GOAT?

GSP wins via head kick KO.
1/28/13 3:18 PM
TheRaider
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

V,G,E

In the greatest video game of all time (Tribes), pressing the V,G,E key combo would cause you to say "Duh" aloud and over the game chat.

VGE Freddie.

1/28/13 3:41 PM
whoabro

GSP will win the standup too (via having footwork and kicks) Phone Post
1/28/13 4:16 PM
UGSlapshot

JunkieDog -
UGSlapshot - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -

No, just no. If GSp stands for 4 minutes of each round then takes him down, it will be because he's winning the stand up. If he isn't having the success he's after he'll take him down sooner and he'll take him down at will.

Pitter patter slap boxing, plodding footwork and BJJ he'll only be able to use while being on bottom of the guy who has the best wrestling for MMA, EVER... does that sound like a recipe for beating the WW GOAT?

GSP will go for takedowns regardless of if he's winning or losing the striking.

If GSP goes for four minutes without attempting a td... has GSP ever gone for four minutes without attempting a td?

My statement was that if he stands for longer than he can keep it on the mat he'll lose but I'd be shocked if he could stand with Nick for twenty minutes and win. Phone Post
1/28/13 4:19 PM
lockon
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

GSP will finish Nick

Don't kid yourself Phone Post
1/28/13 4:23 PM
UGSlapshot

joe schmoe - how did diaz become a striking legend in your mind? outboxing smaller guys in a weight class specifically made for him in elite xc? the c league at the time.
You mean Nick didn't make weight? I was sure he did...

Jon Jones and Anderson Silva fight shorter fighters who have less length all the time.

Oh and 1 of those B class scrubs just happened to be the number one ranked lightweight of the world when daiz crushed him. Phone Post
1/28/13 5:01 PM
norcalmma
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joe schmoe - how did diaz become a striking legend in your mind? outboxing smaller guys in a weight class specifically made for him in elite xc? the c league at the time.

At that time the LW title that mattered was Prides and that was at 161lbs. ufcs 155lbs division had just had its first title fight in 5 years. so elite xc choosing the higher weight (160) wasnt just for nick, its also because it was closer to the weight that mattered at the time.

1/28/13 5:22 PM
Phil999

TD withing the first 30 seconds
1/28/13 9:49 PM
joe schmoe

skala asked nick hiw most comfortable weight cut, nick said 160 and 160 was born.
1/29/13 9:19 AM
Johnny D
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

I love Diaz's striking mostly because he utilizes body shots.  i love me some body shots!  

He really does put his punches together to the head and body real good, it's nice to see because we just don't see it that often in MMA the way Nick does it, you would think more fighters would see how effective it is and implement it in thier own skill set.

Boxing has some growing up to do in MMA yet, but with people like Roach being involved with MMA it will happen.
1/29/13 9:25 AM
Don_Dada
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
1/29/13 9:28 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -
JunkieDog -
UGSlapshot - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -
UGSlapshot - 
fapout -

GSP will go for takedowns regardless of if he's winning or losing the striking.

If GSP goes for four minutes without attempting a td... has GSP ever gone for four minutes without attempting a td?

My statement was that if he stands for longer than he can keep it on the mat he'll lose but I'd be shocked if he could stand with Nick for twenty minutes and win. Phone Post
Be prepared to be shocked Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.