UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> An Open Letter from Lloyd Irvin

1/22/13 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boooring - 
Philanderer - 
ArthurKnoqOut - 

He's only making this statement now that gyms have begun to leave him

Besides Nakapan, who else has left?

I read on another thread that Jared, Wilson, and Sharon (BJJ United) left too.

yep. JW is his oldest black belt, Wilson Reis, Nakapan/BETA BJJ, BJJ United. I hear Daddis as well. 

1/22/13 4:21 PM
artesuavesam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad he finally addressed his shit but still nothing really about how he WAS actually involved at least in a gang rape. Just that he wasn't convicted and was found innocent blah blah blah.

The whole thing was very well prepared. He probably had outside help.
1/22/13 4:26 PM
D241

Seems to me Lloyd was just wantint everyone to know that he's being harrassed, as well as his family. As a compromise, he wishes for his family to be left out of the harrassment.

Seems also that he's not denying being present for the rape, but moreso taking the stance that what happened when he was 20 may have been wrong, since then, he has changed and is a much more respectable member to society now.

I'm not sure the mma community can overlook 1989 though, despite how he has changed as a man since.

Furacao
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suscribed
GrahamJ

Wow: poor Lloyd; he's been having a tough time of it.

I feel really bad, now: my actions have not only caused him pain - but they have caused him to take time out from his important work of counselling a gang rape victim, to respond to these pointless discussions about his past as an admitted part of a gang rape.

Sorry, Lloyd.
1/22/13 4:27 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

In.

Staying neutral on this one until all the facts come out, but the ppl who say they didn't read it and then proceed to talk shot need to check themselves. Phone Post
1/22/13 4:27 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

-shit Phone Post
1/22/13 4:28 PM
cross3dout
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hespect Phone Post
1/22/13 4:29 PM
Hey Beer Man
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk -  People make mistakes. A lot of the pitchfork wielders here have skeletons of their own in their closets, yet are leading the crucifixion march.

What exactly was Lloyd supposed to say? I thought the letter was thoughtful and direct. Seems like this has taken a huge toll on him.

if you guys still aren't convinced, roll up in his gym and tell him how you feel. Not a single one of you would dare though. Phone Post

He was supposed to say, "Oh my fucking God! How the fuck did I help raise these scummy mother fuckers?" H

He was supposed to say, "I was complicit in gang rape many years ago and I'm complicit again. I haven't learned a fucking thing. I have been silent because I'm too fucking embarrassed to poke my head out of my house."

He was supposed to say, "I'm sorry...so fucking sorry I allowed this to breed in my academy"

pretty simple if you ask me...a non raper.

Oh and BTW, I don't know what you have hidden in your closet but a skeleton is cheating on your SATs or finals or maybe lying about your belt rank, but gang rape isn't a skeleton it's a graveyard
1/22/13 4:29 PM
buffersfluffer
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/22/13 4:30 PM
PrinceAlbert

Why does his response make the front page but the news of the rape didn't...or his instructors calling a rape victim a "dirty whore"?
1/22/13 4:31 PM
MMARAIDER

Can I get the cliff notes of what's going on here?

FRAT Phone Post
1/22/13 4:31 PM
MMARAIDER

buffersfluffer -

Haha that's great Phone Post
1/22/13 4:32 PM
MMAOutsider
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The MMA Outsider Podcast, Host

He should've borrowed Ryan Hall's proofreader 

1/22/13 4:32 PM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 4:34 PM
Agree with others that he did not address the 1989 incident enough, at least in regards to the admission that he would have taken part had he been able to get hard. He will always be a scumbag in my eyes.
1/22/13 4:36 PM
jlee14
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he doesn't really address much.

what about the behavior of his "team". he is appealing to us about his family, but his "team" went at it on someones sister when she voiced an opinion. they showed no regard for anything like that in my opinion. especially marcos avellan.

we're not idiots especially with his previous background as a "internet marketing guru", "poor timing" of the url seems more like damage control. So does this letter.

if i am wrong i am wrong, but i don't buy it.

sorry master lloyd.
1/22/13 4:37 PM
randomposter
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a shockingly empty gesture on LI's part. Why did he bother?
I think we can fairly assume that his perspective on the 1989 incident would be that the victim "wanted it" and that his impotence preventing him from participating in a regrettable "gang bang", but not a rape.
He must know that that explanation would go over like poop in cereal, and decided to keep it to himself.
But then why say something at all? Seems like an effort at pure spin/damage control to me.
1/22/13 4:39 PM
TheOtherWhiteFlu

3% halfhearted apology and 97% muddying the waters.
1/22/13 4:42 PM
The Paragon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
Brian Rule - LMAO how long has this been a hot-button issue? And now, finally, the UG Blog acknowledges it

We avoid stories about figures in the sport and allegations of crime, where ever possible. The exceptions I can think of were Arianny roughing up her cell phone magnate bf as it was pretty funny go Arianny, Jeremy Stevens as it messed up a UFC and then we were asked to publish more, and the Jon Jones Bentley accident which was inescapable making CNN etc. As far as I know MMAJunkie, MMAFighting, and the other leading news sites have not run anything on this matter.

There was so much about this situation on the UG that not publishing a statement from Lloyd would have been unreasonable. Otherwise, I would have avoided it. There are enough people saying bad stuff about us without me adding to it.

I don't understand what you're doing then...this is mma/bjj related news...you are running an mma/bjj site that includes news...if these guys fuck up that's on them...u can't play nice to their egos because you're afraid of backlash (if that's the case, cause that's what I get outta this statement.)

Please don't freeze me! Phone Post
X_Rated
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

officedrone23 - The open letter needs to be renamed "The BJJ Sociopath Manifesto" or "How I Turned My Flaccid Penis Into An Acquittal".

hah

PJ Benn Fan
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harrassing his mom, dad, kids, and wife is inexcusable.

1/22/13 4:43 PM
randomposter
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan - 

1/22/13 4:44 PM
TheOtherWhiteFlu

PJ Benn Fan - 

Anyone have proof that it happened?

Sounds like hyperbolic bullshit.
1/22/13 4:45 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gullivers Travels - Agree with others that he did not address the 1989 incident enough, at least in regards to the admission that he would have taken part had he been able to get hard. He will always be a scumbag in my eyes.

Where did the assertion come from that " that he would have taken part had he been able to get hard."?

Is it on record somewhere? Everyone is referring back to it, and if its true then he is as guilty as anyone of those fuckers that actually went through with it. I just haven't seen the source.

1/22/13 4:46 PM
Neil Funk

Why does Lloyd Irvin owe any of you anything?

What happened in 1989 ended with him being innocent of any crime. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.