UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> An Open Letter from Lloyd Irvin

1/22/13 4:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
randomposter
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk -  Why does Lloyd Irvin owe any of you anything?

What happened in 1989 ended with him being innocent of any crime. Phone Post

He doesn't "owe" anyone anything by way of an explanation. But without one, we are left to draw our own conclusions. We are entitled to our opinions. No?

As for him being "innocent of any crime", you are stating what we already know. He was not convicted in a court of law. But as you may have noticed, this isn't one.
1/22/13 4:49 PM
Caleb R
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More sales drivel... Phone Post
1/22/13 4:49 PM
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all the same people in here witchhunting too, over and over.

Gang rape is terrible, but he didnt rape anyone. Facts are facts. That he was involved in that situation in 1989 has zero to do with the rapists who went to his gym. Zero. Phone Post
1/22/13 4:50 PM
Broder

Neil Funk -  People make mistakes. A lot of the pitchfork wielders here have skeletons of their own in their closets, yet are leading the crucifixion march.

What exactly was Lloyd supposed to say? I thought the letter was thoughtful and direct. Seems like this has taken a huge toll on him.

if you guys still aren't convinced, roll up in his gym and tell him how you feel. Not a single one of you would dare though. Phone Post

A mistake is forgetting about a doctors appointment, etc. Participating in the gang rape of a 17 year old, having two of your students rape another student, and hiring a pedophile doesn't fall in that category. Irvin crossed lines that should never be crossed and have life changing consequences.
1/22/13 4:51 PM
TLM378
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why didn't they charge him with attempted rape?
1/22/13 4:52 PM
falsecrack
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess sometimes the cult leaders do drink from their own koolaid
1/22/13 4:54 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - It's all the same people in here witchhunting too, over and over.

Gang rape is terrible, but he didnt rape anyone. Facts are facts. That he was involved in that situation in 1989 has zero to do with the rapists who went to his gym. Zero. Phone Post
Do you know what reasonable doubt is you stupid fuck? Phone Post
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to hear what he has to say about his rape "allegations" Phone Post
randomposter
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk -  It's all the same people in here witchhunting too, over and over.

I, for one, cautioned that we should wait to have all the available facts before making heinous accusations. So I certainly haven't done any "witchhunting". If you are surprised by the level of vitriol, I would ask you to take a moment to consider what really happened in 1989, even if you give Mr. Irvin the benefit of the doubt. It seems most of the relevant facts are out.
I do agree, though, that anything akin to blaming him for the bad actions of his students is more than a stretch.
1/22/13 4:55 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TLM378 - Why didn't they charge him with attempted rape?

Is there even such a charge? I dunno, I havent been accused of raping anyone in a while. 

His stated he would have fucked her, but couldnt get it up. 

Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - It's all the same people in here witchhunting too, over and over.

Wow!! have you not read anything about the case?? Phone Post
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Is it on record somewhere? Everyone is referring back to it, and if its true then he is as guilty as anyone of those fuckers that actually went through with it. I just haven't seen the source"

I was thining the same thing

not sticking up for lloyd for one second, just interested to where this came from? it is in the court records? if so then he simply cant deny it
1/22/13 4:56 PM
PJ Benn Fan
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One other fact I find disturbing is that it seems like people want to know each and every detail of a incident from 23 years ago!

I mean lets say besides drinking that night, he snorted a nice big line of coke.

Knowing the way the world is now, lets also assume that hes probably telling the truth regarding people harrassing his immediate family.

Why the fuck should he give any more ammo to the animals out there who have nothing better to do than to harrass elderly people about something their son did a quarter of a century ago?

Should he provide every detail so the people who obviously have no sense can throw it in his sons face that his dad is also a cooke head?

I mean really when is enough enough?

His explanation is good enough for his mother, father, kids, wife, and the justice system but the martial arts world demands more!

The same martial arts world thats harrasses his family.

Interesting.

1/22/13 4:57 PM
no-gi_JAMES420
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk -  Why does Lloyd Irvin owe any of you anything?

What happened in 1989 ended with him being innocent of any crime. Phone Post

OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were also found "innocent", what's your point?

He didn't deny being in the room during the gang rape and WANTING to participate.
1/22/13 4:58 PM
ReadytwoRoll

Oh Shit!!! What Happened??!!! Did somebody get raped?!?!
1/22/13 5:00 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"My wife keeps saying I couldn’t have known, my mom says I couldn’t have known."

Whoa your mom and wife defend you, what great unbiased character witnesses. What a fag, he needs his business license taken and his school shut down. The fact that he, as an attempted rapist, would even let that girl back in the school let alone condone it, shows how delusional he is. Fuck that guy and anyone who defends him

1/22/13 5:01 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://articles.dailypress.com/1990-04-21/news/9004210056_1_irvin-two-men-young-woman

Same thing, dont' close out the pop up, but scroll down and read two lines at a time. You can read the whole article without subscribing or paying for anything. It's just a slight inconvienence to scroll and read faded wording.

Testimony in the 2 day trial revealed that as many as 7-10 men had sexual intercourse or oral sex with the 17 yr old, however the two defendents(Gatling and Irvin) contend the woman was a "willing participant".

I don't know about you guys, but I have NEVER met a 17yr old girl that would want and be willing to have sex with 7-10 guys in a few hour time span.

Gatling and Irvin said one of the first men who had sex with the woman, left the bedroom and yelled, "she's a freak, she's a freak". Both said they took that to mean she was easily seduced and had loose morals.

Jurur Bessie Mae Singleton believed the girl was indeed a victim of gang rape, however she wasn't convinced of Lloyd Irvins role."I had doubt and that is what saved Irvin. If I could've done it without that doubt, Believe me, Irvin would be serving some time."

1/22/13 5:01 PM
Neil Funk

It was 1989. He made a poor choice being involved in that situation, absolutely. He didn't rape anyone. What happened in 1989 has nothing to do with what happened to his student. Phone Post
1/22/13 5:03 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://articles.dailypress.com/1990-04-25/news/9004250070_1_third-juror-irvin-trial

Although the jururs found Gatling guilty of forcible sodomy, there was not enough evidence to convict either man of rape. Still, when the 3 day rape trial ended on Monday, the defendents had revealed too much about themselves to be let off the hook for what happenedoct 7th in Gatlings apartment.

1/22/13 5:05 PM
Neil Funk

And to think that no girl has ever consented to getting a train on her is ridiculous. If she consented, it's still shitty. But, just because D241 has never met a girl who would consent to getting a train run on her doesn't mean they don't exist. And, none of you know whether she did or not. The witchhunt continues regardless of not having all the information. Phone Post
1/22/13 5:06 PM
KingOfFighters

Kirik - 
Brian Rule - LMAO how long has this been a hot-button issue? And now, finally, the UG Blog acknowledges it

We avoid stories about figures in the sport and allegations of crime, where ever possible. The exceptions I can think of were Arianny roughing up her cell phone magnate bf as it was pretty funny go Arianny, Jeremy Stevens as it messed up a UFC and then we were asked to publish more, and the Jon Jones Bentley accident which was inescapable making CNN etc. As far as I know MMAJunkie, MMAFighting, and the other leading news sites have not run anything on this matter.

There was so much about this situation on the UG that not publishing a statement from Lloyd would have been unreasonable. Otherwise, I would have avoided it. There are enough people saying bad stuff about us without me adding to it.

I never understood this mentality. Mma fighters are public figures, so by nature their lives will be talked about. Just because they stepped in a cage once, they shouldn't face harsh criticism if they commit a crime?

1/22/13 5:06 PM
Neil Funk

Either way, 24 years ago has nothing to do with the brutal rape of his student. If she is standing by Lloyd, that says something Phone Post
1/22/13 5:07 PM
Terraform
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/22/13 5:07 PM
PJ Benn Fan
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

http://articles.dailypress.com/1990-04-21/news/9004210056_1_irvin-two-men-young-woman

Same thing, dont' close out the pop up, but scroll down and read two lines at a time. You can read the whole article without subscribing or paying for anything. It's just a slight inconvienence to scroll and read faded wording.

Testimony in the 2 day trial revealed that as many as 7-10 men had sexual intercourse or oral sex with the 17 yr old, however the two defendents(Gatling and Irvin) contend the woman was a "willing participant".

I don't know about you guys, but I have NEVER met a 17yr old girl that would want and be willing to have sex with 7-10 guys in a few hour time span.

Gatling and Irvin said one of the first men who had sex with the woman, left the bedroom and yelled, "she's a freak, she's a freak". Both said they took that to mean she was easily seduced and had loose morals.

Jurur Bessie Mae Singleton believed the girl was indeed a victim of gang rape, however she wasn't convinced of Lloyd Irvins role."I had doubt and that is what saved Irvin. If I could've done it without that doubt, Believe me, Irvin would be serving some time."

Go spend some more time on the OG and you will be surprised at some of the stories you read about what women will do.

Would you believe a woman would blow a dog? Well theres a story thats been posted a few time on the OG!

How about a woman who would secretly give her husband medicine to lower his sex drive so he doesnt bother her? Go check out the annonymous confessions thread.

I think your expectations of people, not just women, making sound and logical decisions is a bit naive!

1/22/13 5:08 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeez, not even going to credit Luca Attila over at GracieMAG since this is an exclusive letter Lloyd written specifically for him that UG News just copied and pasted!?!?!

got to love the journalistic integrity

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.