UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator says he would never sell out to UFC

1/22/13 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

watch bellator be sold next week...j/k. at the end of the day Viacom is much richer than the other companies who sold to Zuffa, they have a better platform on Spike, and they run the promotion different. They build their own talent. They haven't tried to compete with? the UFC overnight, or w/ a high % of Zuffa cut fighters like so many. I think they will be around for a very long time.
1/22/13 8:52 PM
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diff embed. 

1/22/13 8:57 PM
Kostakio
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed. Phone Post
1/22/13 8:59 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course they wouldn't....

Unless they were in financial trouble, didn't have any other real solutions, and the money was right. Pretty much the same with ANY company, not just an MMA promotion.
1/22/13 9:02 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor just bingo'd my buddy Bisping - 
JerodR - Of course they wouldn't....

Unless they were in financial trouble, didn't have any other real solutions, and the money was right. Pretty much the same with ANY company, not just an MMA promotion.
Did you even watch it? Phone Post

I turned it on for a second and then when I heard Bjorns voice I remembered I cant stand the guy so I turned it off so no I didnt hear what he said.

What exactly did he say cause I dont want to listen to that snake talk.
1/22/13 9:05 PM
Matt Phillips
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed to bump in 3 years
1/22/13 9:14 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor just bingo'd my buddy Bisping - 
JerodR - Of course they wouldn't....

Did you even watch it? Phone Post

Yes. I get what he is saying and I understand it. However, nobody even plans on selling to the UFC. That is just the kind of thing that happens when you don't have any options. Right now he doesn't have that issue.
1/22/13 9:22 PM
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Viacom holds a majority stake in Bellator. They are going to be a fucking monster. I love it.
1/22/13 10:12 PM
stop_it_right_meow

a org vs org type deal would be awesome, for like a once a year PPV, but i still think there should be only one, that way we for the most part get the best fights we can get. though i think ufc at some point will approach and try to buy bellator. 

1/22/13 10:17 PM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjorn said it, not Bellator. Bellator is not a person, Bjorn is.

(Commenting on your thread title)

I like Bjorn, and he has a good point. He has his own dream job.

1/22/13 10:24 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - Bellator been around for 5 years... So they're not going any where for awhile Phone Post
How long was Strikeforce around? Phone Post
1/22/13 10:26 PM
BobbyDigital420
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah everything's always good until you can't make the payments. Let's hope this thread doesn't get ttt'd in the next few years Phone Post
1/22/13 11:52 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator IS a person.

It's Bjorn's alter ego, his id, the guy he becomes after 2 light beers.

I've seen him change into Bellator.

I have heard him speak.

That guy will never sell. Phone Post
1/23/13 12:00 AM
stop_it_right_meow

IronTigerMMA - 
stop_it_right_meow -

a org vs org type deal would be awesome, for like a once a year PPV, but i still think there should be only one, that way we for the most part get the best fights we can get. though i think ufc at some point will approach and try to buy bellator. 

organization tournaments like a play off system would be pretty awesome Phone Post

yea it would, maybe it could of been done back in 2001. The thread response above is pretty funny, someone should make a avatar of Rebney turning into the Bellator!! 

1/23/13 9:50 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

1/23/13 10:33 AM
Belligerent

He can it say all he wants, but when it comes down to it in the end EVERYTHING is for sale for the right price. Viacom wants to make money and if Zuffa offers them enough, whenever that may be, watch that man eat his words. Phone Post
1/23/13 10:43 AM
boot2thehead

Never ever say never ever Phone Post
1/23/13 10:56 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Lol! They all say that Bjorn......

Everything has a price. Phone Post
1/23/13 10:59 AM
Garv
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightersbook.com, Get Connected

I hope this is true.  The only way fighters are going to make good money is if they have some negotiating leverage.  Without any competition, every fighter will be in a take it or leave it situation.

Eddie Alverez is a great example of this.  This kid is about to get paid, thanks to Bellator and the UFC fighting over him. 

1/23/13 11:04 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

"They haven't tried to compete with? the UFC overnight, or w/ a high % of Zuffa cut fighters like so many. "

this is key..the way bjorn has run the business has been very smart unlike the fly-by-night amateurs who had no idea what they were  doing...

1/23/13 11:04 AM
RJJH
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fate of Henry VIII's six wives is told in a brief rhyme:
Divorced, beheaded, died;
Divorced beheaded survived.

Likewise the fate historically of competitors to the UFC can be divided into buyed and died:
WFA - buyed
Pride - buyed
WEC - buyed
ProElite XC - died
IFL - died
Affliction - died
Strikeforce - buyed

The current #1 challenger in MMA to the UFC is the Viacom-owned Bellator Fighting Championship. Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney was recently asked by Fight Hub TV's Marcos Villegas whether he would consider selling to the UFC at some point.

"Never in a million years would I sell Bellator MMA to the UFC," replied Rebney definitively.

----------------------------------------------------------------

whoever wrote this article, LOL @ you!

"buyed" isn't even a word. the word you are looking for is bought!

some peoples kids.

1/23/13 11:05 AM
RJJH
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"buyed"...LOL...this almost infuriates me, how can you not spell or use grammar at least CLOSE to properly?

1/23/13 11:06 AM
Garv
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightersbook.com, Get Connected

The big mistake of Affliction was trying to compete with the UFC.  You will not win.  Bellator is taking the right approach.

1/23/13 11:10 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Zuffa bought other orgs not ufc? Phone Post
1/23/13 11:31 AM
Ringgeneral
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not owning a majority of the company. he is speaking out of turn.

Truth is Bellator is not his to sell, and more importantly not his NOT to sell.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.