OtherGround Forums >> Jodi Arias Trial

3/28/13 2:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ruthless Rye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More sidebars than a fucking Kit-Kat.
3/28/13 2:55 PM
UGCTT Captain America's Butler, Suck It Jobe!
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WriteBelt -
UGCTT Captain America's Butler, Suck It Jobe! - Have they reach a verdict yet? Or is the trial still going on? I haven't been keeping up with it. Phone Post
Weeks to go... Phone Post
Oh joy.... Thanks for the answer though. Phone Post
3/28/13 3:09 PM
aarondramp
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingHeisenberg -  My wife is there today look for the blonde in a light blue top. I couldn't get off work so I couldn't go. She bumped into the hot female attorney said she acted like a snob. Phone Post

She just felt like going?
3/28/13 3:09 PM
aarondramp
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Court recessed until Tuesday at 12:30???
3/28/13 3:10 PM
Ruthless Rye

No court this afternoon, and no court on Monday.

Just what in the fuck?
3/28/13 4:34 PM
Rhymenoceros
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - No court this afternoon, and no court on Monday.

Just what in the fuck?

No court yesterday, too.

Jodi has migraines, apparently.

You know what's a great treatment for that? Electro-shock therapy.
3/28/13 4:40 PM
WriteBelt
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It might help if they actually do some fucking work here.

10:30 AM start
1.5 hour break at Noon
Done at 4:30 latest

Math is hard but that seems like 4.5 hours in the courtroom on a good day and I bet they're all paid for 8 too. $300/hour and shit. Phone Post
3/28/13 5:44 PM
Slevin Kalevra

she deserves the needle, she brutally murdered that guy and planned it ahead of time...tried to cover it up, lied about it. If she doesn't get the death penalty I would be surprised. But then again, Casey Anthony is a free woman.
3/28/13 11:57 PM
Ruthless Rye

WriteBelt -  It might help if they actually do some fucking work here.

10:30 AM start
1.5 hour break at Noon
Done at 4:30 latest

Math is hard but that seems like 4.5 hours in the courtroom on a good day and I bet they're all paid for 8 too. $300/hour and shit. Phone Post

This trial, and the hours they hold, are just a cluster F$#%@!

However, as for pay, Jennifer Willmott makes $95 an hour. kirk Nurmi makes $150 an hour. That is billed hours, I presume, not court hours.

I have no idea about Juan.
3/29/13 5:14 PM
Stan Dan Wang

how are Arias' (clearly made-up) allegations of pedophilia relevant in any way to this trial?

it seems inflammatory and 100% irrelevant, dont get why she is being allowed to testify to that.
3/29/13 5:44 PM
Ruthless Rye

Stan Dan Wang - how are Arias' (clearly made-up) allegations of pedophilia relevant in any way to this trial?

it seems inflammatory and 100% irrelevant, dont get why she is being allowed to testify to that.

The defense wants to muddy the waters as much as possible. They want to try and convince at least one juror that Travis Alexander was not a goody two shoes. And if he wasn't as good in real life as he appeared on paper, maybe he was mentally and physically abusive towards Jodi.

And if he was abusive, maybe, just maybe, Jodi killed him in self defense.

Now, I am not saying I believe that for a second, with all the evidence that has been presented. However, some jurors leave a lot to be desired.

As for Judge Sherry Stephens allowing that testimony? When you are on trial for your life, and you take the stand in your defense, you are granted a lot of leeway.
3/29/13 5:49 PM
Stan Dan Wang

i could see allowing it if Arias's team could provide one single bit of evidence or corroboration to back it up, but they can't.

seems like too much leeway. but i guess it doesn't matter in the long run, nobody is buying her bullshit.
3/29/13 5:55 PM
Ruthless Rye

^^^

The defense does not have to prove anything. That is up to the state.

It is Jodi's word against Travis, and, he is no longer able to defend himself.
3/29/13 6:03 PM
Stan Dan Wang

i realize that, but if a certain claim is irrelevant and inflammatory it is usually not allowed to be testified to, especially if there is no evidence to support it.
3/29/13 6:18 PM
Ruthless Rye

Stan Dan Wang - i realize that, but if a certain claim is irrelevant and inflammatory it is usually not allowed to be testified to, especially if there is no evidence to support it.

I agree with you.

Juan Martinez has already told the jury that not one inappropriate picture has ever been found, and that there is no corroborating witness to the story that Jodi told.

It is her word against a man who can no longer speak out.

The Judge allowed it because Jodi is on trial for her life.
4/2/13 8:35 AM
aarondramp

Finally gets going again today. Unfortunately, it will be more with the abuse "expert" and will continue to bore us.
4/2/13 9:00 AM
aarondramp

Large Fun Bags - 
aarondramp - Finally gets going again today. Unfortunately, it will be more with the abuse "expert" and will continue to bore us.
i think the first few hours will be dealing with juror #5 today Phone Post

I want to see her unique hair style.
4/2/13 9:04 AM
aarondramp

But I don't think it will take a few hours even though this trial is unbelievably slow.
4/2/13 9:10 AM
Rhymenoceros
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's happening with juror 5? Phone Post
4/2/13 9:15 AM
aarondramp

Rhymenoceros -  What's happening with juror 5? Phone Post

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/01/juror-misconduct-in-the-jodi-arias-murder-trial/
4/2/13 9:20 AM
BLPorritt
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - ^^^

The defense does not have to prove anything. That is up to the state.

It is Jodi's word against Travis, and, he is no longer able to defend himself.
If he was able to defend himself in the first place we wouldnt be having this conversation and we never woulda got to see her roast beef sammich Phone Post
4/2/13 9:41 AM
Rhymenoceros

It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

I'm no legal beagle, but at this point in the trial you have to expect that the jurors have made some opinions. You would need them to be fair and impartial at the beginning, but after two months of testimony if they have drawn certain conclusions, well, that's kind of their job.

Am I right or am I right?
4/2/13 10:04 AM
aarondramp

Rhymenoceros - It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

I'm no legal beagle, but at this point in the trial you have to expect that the jurors have made some opinions. You would need them to be fair and impartial at the beginning, but after two months of testimony if they have drawn certain conclusions, well, that's kind of their job.

I think where she messed up was either writing something for or saying something to other jurors. It's one thing to reach your own conclusion during the trial, but it's something else to share that with the other jurors. Technically, you aren't supposed to discuss the trial with other jurors until it's over.
4/2/13 10:28 AM
Rhymenoceros

aarondramp - 
Rhymenoceros - It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

I think where she messed up was either writing something for or saying something to other jurors. It's one thing to reach your own conclusion during the trial, but it's something else to share that with the other jurors. Technically, you aren't supposed to discuss the trial with other jurors until it's over.

That makes sense. However, there must be some discretion the judge can exercise in cases like these. I'm sure it will depend on what she said. If it was, "I knew from the start that bitch was guilty as sin!" then I can see removing the juror. But if it was something like, "that psychologist was so in love with Jodi!" then I think the judge will let it slide.
4/2/13 10:31 AM
Combat Sport Fan

dont allow jury questions if you dont want incriminating questions. Stupid process. Juries should nto have the right to ask any questions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.