UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Jodi Arias Trial

4/2/13 9:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BLPorritt
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - ^^^

The defense does not have to prove anything. That is up to the state.

It is Jodi's word against Travis, and, he is no longer able to defend himself.
If he was able to defend himself in the first place we wouldnt be having this conversation and we never woulda got to see her roast beef sammich Phone Post
4/2/13 9:41 AM
Rhymenoceros
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

I'm no legal beagle, but at this point in the trial you have to expect that the jurors have made some opinions. You would need them to be fair and impartial at the beginning, but after two months of testimony if they have drawn certain conclusions, well, that's kind of their job.

Am I right or am I right?
4/2/13 10:04 AM
aarondramp
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhymenoceros - It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

I'm no legal beagle, but at this point in the trial you have to expect that the jurors have made some opinions. You would need them to be fair and impartial at the beginning, but after two months of testimony if they have drawn certain conclusions, well, that's kind of their job.

I think where she messed up was either writing something for or saying something to other jurors. It's one thing to reach your own conclusion during the trial, but it's something else to share that with the other jurors. Technically, you aren't supposed to discuss the trial with other jurors until it's over.
4/2/13 10:15 AM
Large Fun Bags
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhymenoceros - It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

You are correct, sir. Phone Post
4/2/13 10:28 AM
Rhymenoceros
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aarondramp - 
Rhymenoceros - It sounds like Juror 5 made some comments that alluded to Jodi's guilt, and the defense now asserts that she is not fair or impartial.

I think where she messed up was either writing something for or saying something to other jurors. It's one thing to reach your own conclusion during the trial, but it's something else to share that with the other jurors. Technically, you aren't supposed to discuss the trial with other jurors until it's over.

That makes sense. However, there must be some discretion the judge can exercise in cases like these. I'm sure it will depend on what she said. If it was, "I knew from the start that bitch was guilty as sin!" then I can see removing the juror. But if it was something like, "that psychologist was so in love with Jodi!" then I think the judge will let it slide.
4/2/13 10:31 AM
Combat Sport Fan

dont allow jury questions if you dont want incriminating questions. Stupid process. Juries should nto have the right to ask any questions.
4/2/13 10:39 AM
aarondramp
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Combat Sport Fan - dont allow jury questions if you dont want incriminating questions. Stupid process. Juries should nto have the right to ask any questions.

I think the issue actually came up when discussing the prosecutor taking pictures with fans out front and whether or not the jury saw it.
4/2/13 2:26 PM
Rhymenoceros

Ok, we're back. Any idea what was the outcome of the situation with Juror #5?
4/2/13 2:28 PM
DirkRice

Rhymenoceros - Ok, we're back. Any idea what was the outcome of the situation with Juror #5?

Mistrial denied but juror #5 excused.
4/2/13 2:33 PM
angryinch

lol @ the prosecutor getting his panties in a bunch and objecting to almost every question the defense is asking this witness.   

4/2/13 2:37 PM
Combat Sport Fan

DirkRice - 
Rhymenoceros - Ok, we're back. Any idea what was the outcome of the situation with Juror #5?

thats why they give 6 extras
4/2/13 2:37 PM
Combat Sport Fan

DirkRice - 

thats why they give 6 extras
4/2/13 2:41 PM
The Spirit Of Captain Boosee

You know she has some good pussy!!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 2:57 PM
angryinch

Objection

overruled

Objection

overruled

Objection

overruled

Objection

dude, STFU already!!!!!

4/2/13 3:00 PM
aarondramp

angryinch - 

Objection

overruled

Objection

overruled

Objection

overruled

Objection

dude, STFU already!!!!!

We've missed you.
4/2/13 3:02 PM
norcalbc
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - ^^^

Lol, it's already been proven she killed him. Pretty sure the defense has to prove she did it in self defense Phone Post
4/2/13 3:02 PM
Stan Dan Wang

this expert has perhaps the worst fashion sense of all time.
4/2/13 3:03 PM
angryinch

good god... 15 minutes of testimony and already a lunch break????

4/2/13 3:42 PM
Ruthless Rye

norcalbc - 
Ruthless Rye - ^^^

Lol, it's already been proven she killed him. Pretty sure the defense has to prove she did it in self defense Phone Post

I am pretty sure you are wrong. Actually, I am 100% sure you are wrong.

The defense does not have to prove shit. All they have to do is raise a reasonable doubt.
4/2/13 3:46 PM
CarbonKid_24
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

id bang her Phone Post
4/2/13 4:11 PM
Combat Sport Fan

Ruthless Rye - 
norcalbc - 
Ruthless Rye - ^^^

I am pretty sure you are wrong. Actually, I am 100% sure you are wrong.

The defense does not have to prove shit. All they have to do is raise a reasonable doubt.

yes but they admitted to the killing and must prove self defense. They are in no way making any attempt at reasonable doubt that she killed travis
4/2/13 4:17 PM
Combat Sport Fan

The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that murder 1 was accomplished.

So really they are striving for premeditation, and the self defense claim is being used as a way to create reasonable doubt that there was premeditation.

BUT

they must prove self defense properly which is generally reasonable force, equivalent to force applied.

the defense also tries to create reasonable doubt on the premeditation claims, gas cans, post killing escape, her cover up can possibly hint at pre meditation.

But what they have given up is any reasonable doubt that jodi arias killed travis.
Combat Sport Fan

but self defense if proven means not guilty.
Ruthless Rye

Brother, I know that they already admitted that Jodi killed him. I have been following this trial from the get go.

The burden of proof is on the State to convince the jury that it was not self defense.

Kirk and Jennifer are trying to lay ground work that it was self defense. All it takes is one juror to believe it was possible.

IMO, as I have stated NUMEROUS times in this very thread, is that it was not self defense.
4/2/13 5:18 PM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - Brother, I know that they already admitted that Jodi killed him. I have been following this trial from the get go.

The burden of proof is on the State to convince the jury that it was not self defense.

Kirk and Jennifer are trying to lay ground work that it was self defense. All it takes is one juror to believe it was possible.

IMO, as I have stated NUMEROUS times in this very thread, is that it was not self defense.

Its kind of crazy really.

In most common law jurisdictions, once the elements of the crime have been proved, the burden is on the defense to show on a preponderance of the evidence that it was self defense. If she was being tried in one of those states, she'd be done 99.999%.

But not in Arizona.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.