UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Jodi Arias Trial

4/5/13 2:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ruthless Rye
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"IMO, both jodi and travis were not quite right in the head. If you ask me, it was a match made in hell. " -AI

The whole story is tragic. How crazy to meet someone that will ruin/end your life...forever.

4/5/13 2:29 PM
thembones
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing is, the "expert" is taking "patterns" that are typical of any unhealthy relationship, and using that as "proof" that Travis was abusive.

Other than the alleged abuse (completely uncorroborated), all of the "patterns" she describes are pretty common in relationships. Jealousy? One partner having more power in a relationship? Building deep bonds over shared memories? Having an unhealthy childhood? A man lying to the women he's sleeping with? None of these are exclusive to abusive relationships. In fact, I bet there's never been a long term relationships in history that didn't have at least a few of these patterns.

The unhealthy childhood thing is a good one. The defense expert was using Travis' childhood as "evidence" that he fit the profile of an abuser. Yet there is clear evidence that Jodi had lots of childhood experiences that could be classified as abusive.

A man is shot in the head, throat slashed from ear to ear, stabbed 29 times, and she sees him as the perpetrator, not the victim. The way she yelled out angrily "YES", then composed herself when Martinez asked her if she thought Travis was the perpetrator, not the victim.

This "expert" is pretty obviously a hardcore feminist, and the way she views this case is shaped by that worldview. That men are violent oppressors, and women are victims, struggling to free themselves from the oppressive patriarchy.

Even with the snow white story - the "expert" doesn't think the queen was a wicked stepmother. Last time I watched Snow White I was 5, and even then I remember the stepmother was an evil bitch.

The defense even asked her at the beginning if she was a "man hater". Whether she is or isn't, you don't ask that unless your expert has been accused of being a "man hater" in the past...
4/5/13 2:43 PM
aarondramp
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That might be the best post I've ready in this entire thread. VTFU.
4/5/13 3:54 PM
Stan Dan Wang
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thembones - The thing is, the "expert" is taking "patterns" that are typical of any unhealthy relationship, and using that as "proof" that Travis was abusive.

Other than the alleged abuse (completely uncorroborated), all of the "patterns" she describes are pretty common in relationships. Jealousy? One partner having more power in a relationship? Building deep bonds over shared memories? Having an unhealthy childhood? A man lying to the women he's sleeping with? None of these are exclusive to abusive relationships. In fact, I bet there's never been a long term relationships in history that didn't have at least a few of these patterns.

The unhealthy childhood thing is a good one. The defense expert was using Travis' childhood as "evidence" that he fit the profile of an abuser. Yet there is clear evidence that Jodi had lots of childhood experiences that could be classified as abusive.

A man is shot in the head, throat slashed from ear to ear, stabbed 29 times, and she sees him as the perpetrator, not the victim. The way she yelled out angrily "YES", then composed herself when Martinez asked her if she thought Travis was the perpetrator, not the victim.

This "expert" is pretty obviously a hardcore feminist, and the way she views this case is shaped by that worldview. That men are violent oppressors, and women are victims, struggling to free themselves from the oppressive patriarchy.

Even with the snow white story - the "expert" doesn't think the queen was a wicked stepmother. Last time I watched Snow White I was 5, and even then I remember the stepmother was an evil bitch.

The defense even asked her at the beginning if she was a "man hater". Whether she is or isn't, you don't ask that unless your expert has been accused of being a "man hater" in the past...

also, she looks like a dude and dresses like a bum.
4/5/13 3:55 PM
Stan Dan Wang

Edited: 04/05/13 3:55 PM
you guys dont think Jodi will seduce a couple guards during her prison stay? i bet she will.
4/5/13 4:00 PM
Vulva Fabulous
945 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stan Dan Wang - you guys dont think Jodi will seduce a couple guards during her prison stay? i bet she will.
Not if her gf has a say in it. Phone Post
4/8/13 10:25 AM
aarondramp
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the trial back on today?
4/8/13 11:19 AM
WEB

yes, more martinez cross
4/8/13 2:15 PM
Rhymenoceros
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugh. This is painful. This witness is the dumbest, most boring person of all time.
4/8/13 2:37 PM
angryinch

Rhymenoceros - Ugh. This is painful. This witness is the dumbest, most boring person of all time.

lol....you're just angry because she's handing martinez his ass and not letting him play his little games where he quotes people out of context.  

4/8/13 2:41 PM
thembones
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch - 
Rhymenoceros - Ugh. This is painful. This witness is the dumbest, most boring person of all time.

lol....you're just angry because she's handing martinez his ass and not letting him play his little games where he quotes people out of context.  

Lol. Stop trolling. So non-verbal communication is only 90% of all communication when face to face, but the written word can be taken 100% on face value without context?

She lives in a world where men have to do everything she says (enforced by court order), and her colleagues are all sycophantic feminists. Its like this is the first time she's ever been forced to confront her own bullshit.

4/8/13 2:45 PM
angryinch

"Lol. Stop trolling. So non-verbal communication is only 90% of all communication when face to face, but the written word can be taken 100% on face value without context?"

Jesus, you're worse than him.  She already explained the context in which she said that.   What she meant and what you and martinez would like to think she meant are two different things.  Martinez is desperate to turn the meaning of what she said into what HE wants her to have meant.   He reeks of desperation and she's not having any of it.

4/8/13 2:47 PM
Rhymenoceros
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch - 

I admit she's hanging tough. However, there are clear, black and white answers she refuses to give.

"Does this say you were a keynote speaker?"

"According to so and so I was."

"I wasn't asking about so and so, I was asking if this piece of paper says you were a keynote speaker."

"I was a breakout keynote speaker."

Blah blah blah. If she insisted on not answering certain questions while answering the obvious ones it would be more effective. However, she just won't give a straight answer to anything.

But you must admit that Martinez is effectively pointing out that she has made this "diagnosis" based on no accepted criteria for making such a diagnosis, based solely on what Jodi says, and based on written communications that she admits she has no contextual knowledge of. It's a shaky diagnosis at best.
4/8/13 2:51 PM
angryinch

"Blah blah blah. If she insisted on not answering certain questions while answering the obvious ones it would be more effective. However, she just won't give a straight answer to anything."

Because she knows that if she's not careful, he will take her answer out of context and turn them against her.  She wants to make sure the context is perfectly clear.  Martinez gets frustrated with witnesses because he tries to play those games nd people don't want to play his games so they know better than to give yes or no answers because unless they specify context, he will manipulate the answers and create his own context which is not the context the witness was using.  

You can't blame witnesses for refusing to play his little word games and avoiding the ridiculous traps he's trying to set.   

4/8/13 2:52 PM
thembones

angryinch - 

"Lol. Stop trolling. So non-verbal communication is only 90% of all communication when face to face, but the written word can be taken 100% on face value without context?"

Jesus, you're worse than him.  She already explained the context in which she said that.   What she meant and what you and martinez would like to think she meant are two different things.  Martinez is desperate to turn the meaning of what she said into what HE wants her to have meant.   He reeks of desperation and she's not having any of it.

"90% of communication in face-to face conversation is non-verbal."

It stands to reason that there's a lot missing in written communication then, no?

She might have meant it another context, but that doesn't mean its not relevant to the current context. It doesn't change the fact that Martinez is 100% right - you can't understand written content - especially between 2 parties you don't know - as well as you could if you were present at a face to face conversation.

Even right now...I suspect you're trolling and you don't really believe what you're writing, but you could be 100% dead serious.
4/8/13 3:07 PM
thembones

Martinez practically has her checkmated on this point right now - that she picks and chooses what to believe.
4/8/13 3:11 PM
angryinch

thembones - Martinez practically has her checkmated on this point right now - that she picks and chooses what to believe.

lol...someone else who doesn't understand context.  Martinez hasn't even taken one of her pawns yet, much less come close to having her checkmated.   

4/8/13 3:15 PM
thembones

angryinch - 
thembones - Martinez practically has her checkmated on this point right now - that she picks and chooses what to believe.

lol...someone else who doesn't understand context.  Martinez hasn't even taken one of her pawns yet, much less come close to having her checkmated.   

"on this point right now" <-- I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't understand context.

I agree that in the grand scheme of things, the game has barely begun. Martinez has 7 days of bullshit to tear apart. Gonna take awhile.
4/8/13 3:20 PM
angryinch

lol @ the fag who voted me down just now.  

4/8/13 3:20 PM
Zwingli

She's being deliberately obtuse.This shit is ridiculous.
4/8/13 3:23 PM
angryinch

Zwingli - She's being deliberately obtuse.This shit is ridiculous.

No, he's deliberately trying to play word games and create his own desired context out of "yes or no" questions that would lose the original and intended context if she did in fact answer them with a yes or no.  

She's on to him and isn't letting him get away with it.  The fact that he keeps trying is what's ridiculous.  He's not that smart, no matter how much you guys would love to fellate him.  

4/8/13 3:42 PM
Zwingli

angryinch - 
Zwingli - She's being deliberately obtuse.This shit is ridiculous.

No, he's deliberately trying to play word games and create his own desired context out of "yes or no" questions that would lose the original and intended context if she did in fact answer them with a yes or no.  

She's on to him and isn't letting him get away with it.  The fact that he keeps trying is what's ridiculous.  He's not that smart, no matter how much you guys would love to fellate him.  

No,she's being deliberately obtuse.She's earning that 300 per hour.

The joke here is that there is zero evidence of abuse.This woman's entire testimony is a waste of time.

Juan,smart? He's an idiot.
4/8/13 3:55 PM
Rhymenoceros

Dude, she wouldn't even admit that she didn't give the keynote address at that conference.

She tried to claim she was the keynote speaker of a breakout session. Bitch - there is no such thing. By definition, the keynote speaker addresses the plenary, not the breakouts. It's obvious her friend let her put "keynote" as a way to bolster her CV. She could have just said, "No, that piece of paper does not say I was the keynote speaker." Instead she tried to split hairs and it made her look bad.

Now Martinez is going to demonstrate that the context upon which she makes these diagnoses is interpreted solely by her, and that there is no factual basis behind it.
4/8/13 4:16 PM
angryinch

Rhymenoceros - Dude, she wouldn't even admit that she didn't give the keynote address at that conference.

She tried to claim she was the keynote speaker of a breakout session. Bitch - there is no such thing. By definition, the keynote speaker addresses the plenary, not the breakouts. It's obvious her friend let her put "keynote" as a way to bolster her CV. She could have just said, "No, that piece of paper does not say I was the keynote speaker." Instead she tried to split hairs and it made her look bad.

Now Martinez is going to demonstrate that the context upon which she makes these diagnoses is interpreted solely by her, and that there is no factual basis behind it.

mired in the weeds.....

4/8/13 4:17 PM
Jenny Wishbone
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhymenoceros - Dude, she wouldn't even admit that she didn't give the keynote address at that conference.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.