UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Jodi Arias Trial

2/21/13 8:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a well respected prosecutor so hopefully he does a solid job with this slag.

The defense chatted with her about completely mundaine shit for 8 days, all of which she recalled down to the smallest of details. Unfortunately when they finally got to the time of the murder, she's suddenly vague.

Her story: he ran at her screaming he was going to kill her, she ran away but took a wrong turn and found herself cornered in his closet. She then noticed a loaded, cocked gun in his closet, grabbed it and pointed it towards him as a scare tactic. Unfortunately she claims she must have accidentally pulled the trigger because she recalls hearing a loud pop. Even though shot in the side of the head, she claims she assumed she missed because he seemed completely unaffected. After that, she basically has a black-out until finding herself alone in a desert. This is when she claims she tossed the gun in a bush, and "maybe" got rid of some other related items.

There are "Team Jodi" websites now, it's fucking sad really. If the jury finds her "not guilty", I will begin to question our justice system. There cannot be a more clear cut case of murder imo.
2/21/13 8:30 PM
Combat Sport Fan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfortunately woman have had it easy. They are pulling out all the feminist im just like you stuff, but when they slaughter someone and have to face up for their crimes its "Im just a girl, i cant kill"
2/21/13 8:38 PM
MMA All Day
1723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the prosecutor's strategy. I think a lot of people are underestimating him. It's just been 1 day and she fucked up bad earlier. This is looking extremely good for Martinez and company. Phone Post
2/22/13 8:51 AM
MMA All Day
1723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

verdum - i suppose if you will buy that she was attacked and killed him in self defense then you would probably also be willing to believe that she conveniently blacked out and doesnt still does not remember everything else until she is far away from the scene driving in her car.

do people lose memory during times of extreme stress? sure, it is widely self-reported to happen and i believe that it can.

it is probably falsely reported 90+% of the time, made up statistic by me.

i dont think there is any reason to think that happened here.
I agree. Also, the fact that she remembered every minute detail leading up to the murder looks really bad for her. It seems much more like selective memory to not hurt her credibility than it does legit memory loss or PTSD. Phone Post
2/22/13 10:07 AM
GOREILLAMAN
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit, missed the last portion yesterday, what was she fumbling and scrambling about? Phone Post
2/22/13 10:44 AM
angryinch

I'm depressed....no testimony today....  I think I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

2/22/13 10:48 AM
MMA All Day

angryinch -

I'm depressed....no testimony today....  I think I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

Me too man Phone Post
2/22/13 10:50 AM
MMA All Day

GOREILLAMAN - Shit, missed the last portion yesterday, what was she fumbling and scrambling about? Phone Post
A magazine was discovered that had her name on it and she admits to having it on the date in question, it has some notes written along the spine inside from her to another inmate or her lawyer (I missed that part) saying she needs to change her testimony bc things have changed, basically proving her testimony to be a calculated lie. Phone Post
2/22/13 10:58 AM
GOREILLAMAN
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA All Day -
GOREILLAMAN - Shit, missed the last portion yesterday, what was she fumbling and scrambling about? Phone Post
A magazine was discovered that had her name on it and she admits to having it on the date in question, it has some notes written along the spine inside from her to another inmate or her lawyer (I missed that part) saying she needs to change her testimony bc things have changed, basically proving her testimony to be a calculated lie. Phone Post
Lol, nice Phone Post
2/22/13 11:15 AM
ICantReid

In for updates. Testimony today? Phone Post
2/22/13 11:38 AM
Rhymenoceros
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOREILLAMAN - 
MMA All Day -
Lol, nice Phone Post

Small point of correction, I think.

I think she was trying to pass two magazines to a friend hers during a visit. She used the worst code of all time.

Written in pencil on the inside of several pages near the spine were some sentence fragments.

They were things like,

"You fucked up"

"We need to talk ASAP so"

"Contradicted what I've been saying for a year."

Then on the other magazine there was a number sequence. When you put the sentence fragments in the order in the number sequence (based on the pages on which the fragments were written) it said something like, "You fucked up. What you told the lawyers directly contradicts what I've been saying for a year. We need to talk ASAP so we can fix this."

They basically showed she was trying to manipulate a friend's story to help propagate a lie.

They introduced the evidence, I think they will put together the whole story during closing statements.
2/23/13 3:07 AM
Jenny Wishbone
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hammerhurler - She's having fun fucking with the prosecutor. She's having trouble keeping a straight face at times.

Let her have "fun" - he's not the one on trial for brutally killing someone, she is.

I don't think she's endearing herself to the jury with her presentation, which comes across as extremely smug and arrogant.

She has a mountain to climb as far as getting herself out of this mess. I don't think "winning" points in a sparring match with the prosecution is going to help her cause one bit.

2/23/13 3:17 AM
Jenny Wishbone
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LotionInTheBasket - 
angryinch -
Combat Sport Fan - 
angryinch - 
Fangas - 
angryinch -

wow...she just owned him.  

How? Phone Post

he was grilling her about her "memory issues" and asked her what factors come into play to cause her to have memory issues

her reply was something like "when men like you or travis yell at me and grill me..."  or something to that effect.  I thought it was a pretty nice little jab.  

all he is doing is poking holes in her sudden memory loss.

no, that's what he is trying to do.  I think he's failing miserably and coming across as a bully. 

If he is grilling her and she is coming off as collected and cracking smiles, she is poking holes in her own story. Especially if she equates the prosecutor with the guy she killed by drawing a parallel between is questioning and abuse. Phone Post

I'm not sure how that's beneficial to her cause, especially as she's admitted to killing this fella. Instead of acting smug and passive aggressive, she should be weeping uncontrollably and playing the victim card, as she was doing in the lead up to the cross examination.
2/23/13 5:28 AM
Dan O'Connell
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/23/13 5:59 AM
MMA All Day

Rhymenoceros -
GOREILLAMAN - 
MMA All Day -
Lol, nice Phone Post

Small point of correction, I think.

I think she was trying to pass two magazines to a friend hers during a visit. She used the worst code of all time.

Written in pencil on the inside of several pages near the spine were some sentence fragments.

They were things like,

"You fucked up"

"We need to talk ASAP so"

"Contradicted what I've been saying for a year."

Then on the other magazine there was a number sequence. When you put the sentence fragments in the order in the number sequence (based on the pages on which the fragments were written) it said something like, "You fucked up. What you told the lawyers directly contradicts what I've been saying for a year. We need to talk ASAP so we can fix this."

They basically showed she was trying to manipulate a friend's story to help propagate a lie.

They introduced the evidence, I think they will put together the whole story during closing statements.
Nice, thanks. I missed a lot of that part. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:03 PM
JustPeed
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

30 mins till trial begins again Phone Post
2/25/13 12:22 PM
MMA All Day

JustPeed - 30 mins till trial begins again Phone Post
I'm pumped Phone Post
2/25/13 12:29 PM
angryinch

About damn time!

2/25/13 12:29 PM
aarondramp
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone up for providing updates to those of us that can't watch?
2/25/13 12:36 PM
MMA All Day

Stupid move by the defense lol he can now testify she couldn't have gotten the gun from his closet! Phone Post
2/25/13 12:40 PM
MMA All Day

aarondramp - Anyone up for providing updates to those of us that can't watch?
I'll do it man.

It opened up with the defense requesting a guy who talked on HLN TV last week provide the video of him and Travis shooting guns to the court. However, the prosecution said ok as long as he can be a rebuttal witness bc he knows he will testify Travis never owned a gun and had to always borrow his. The judge allowed it despite the objections by the defense bc they said he's been watching the trial and can't be a witness. The judge allowed it bc he wasn't subpoenaed.

Long and short, now the prosecution has a witness that can say Travis never had a gun and Jodi claims to have gotten the gun from his closet and it wasn't pre planned. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:41 PM
MMA All Day

The defense wanted the video to just show the jury a video of Travis shooting a gun but they jumped the shark and fucked themselves hard. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:43 PM
MMA All Day

Now the prosecution is showing Jodi had a chance to stop talking to him after the alleged abuse and she didn't.

Now he is asking why she lied to detectives twice about not being there when he was murdered as she has since admitted to killing him.

His first line, "ms arias, do you have a problem with the truth?"

He's getting her crossed up in her own testimony now. Much better start for the prosecution today. Phone Post
2/25/13 12:45 PM
MMA All Day

She's playing dumb and the judge isn't allowing objections bc it's clear what she is doing. Nice. Phone Post
2/25/13 1:09 PM
angryinch

I still don't think the prosecutor is doing a good job yet.  

BTW, HLN sucks!!  Every fucking 3 minutes they have a 5 minute long commercial break!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.