UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My kid getting bullied

1/22/13 11:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mad Dangler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's time to put my 4 year old son in to a martial art. Today my son told me that he had to run from a kid that was punching him in the back and face. So the question is what would be the best for his age?

I live in Alhambra ca it's 20 min from L.A depending on traffic if you could recommend a spot that would be great. Phone Post
1/22/13 11:28 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's 4. 

I'd say the best thing to do would be to talk to the other kid's parents, a teacher, or anything that doesn't involve turning your 4 year old into a deadly weapon.

1/22/13 11:28 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Kids are like sponges.
They learn to mimic their parents' behavior before the parents' realize what's happening.
Gotta remember that you're a role model 24/7/365.
No days off.
1/22/13 11:29 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drilbit
1/22/13 11:31 PM
D241
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to find that kid and teach him a lesson. Fuckin asshole. I have two boys ages 6 and 4 and bet your ass they know how to throw down, but if they were getting bullied, I'd have to pull a louis ck on them. Sounds like that kid is zan the puss.

1/22/13 11:31 PM
Mad Dangler

MachidasStraightLeft -

He's 4. 

I'd say the best thing to do would be to talk to the other kid's parents, a teacher, or anything that doesn't involve turning your 4 year old into a deadly weapon.

I no but I still want my son to be able to defend himself when I'm not there, he doesn't want to go to school because of this. Phone Post
1/22/13 11:33 PM
FormrChamp

Since most of the above posters gave you the "right thing to do advice" i'd sign him up for wrestling tomorrow...
1/22/13 11:36 PM
GS27

MachidasStraightLeft -

He's 4. 

= VAGINA Phone Post
1/22/13 11:36 PM
FormrChamp

How far away from Huntington Beach are you ? Checkout Academy of Wrestling, ask for Kevin B.....
1/22/13 11:37 PM
MdGeist

No need for martial arts classes. Just teach him how to throw one good solid straight punch and make him practice it everyday for 15 minutes.

After a month, I guarantee he's going to break that kids nose if messes with him again.

Mad Dangler

D241 -

I want to find that kid and teach him a lesson. Fuckin asshole. I have two boys ages 6 and 4 and bet your ass they know how to throw down, but if they were getting bullied, I'd have to pull a louis ck on them. Sounds like that kid is zan the puss.

Ya I try to teach him not to fight right away but if this kid is really spazzing on my son then I'm going to have to tell him to handle business.

First I will have to bring it to the teachers attention. Phone Post
MachidasStraightLeft
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol^

1/22/13 11:39 PM
FormrChamp

IDOHARM - 
FormrChamp - Since most of the above posters gave you the "right thing to do advice" i'd sign him up for wrestling tomorrow...
Not fair, I suggested Tae Kwon Do. Good beginner martial art that teaches basic form. Once he's old enough, put him into Judo. High school will take care of the Wrestling. Phone Post

I'm not sure where you're from, but where i'm at if you start wrestling in HS you might aswell not even wrestle....
Mad Dangler

FormrChamp - How far away from Huntington Beach are you ? Checkout Academy of Wrestling, ask for Kevin B.....
30min- 1hr depending on traffic Phone Post
MachidasStraightLeft

GS27 - 
MachidasStraightLeft -

He's 4. 

= VAGINA Phone Post

How?

1/22/13 11:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Dangler - 
MachidasStraightLeft -

He's 4. 

I no but I still want my son to be able to defend himself when I'm not there, he doesn't want to go to school because of this. Phone Post

Talk to the parents, if they are delinquents who encourage their kid to be a bully then you have two options:

1) Gather all of your friends and people you can count on and go back and in large numbers ask again nicely that they control their son.

2) More expensive and drastic but delinquent people sometimes require it. Private Eye to gather evidence and give them a copy that you plan to give you to the police if necessary. I have a friend who needed to resort to this with some trailer trash that encouraged their kid to hurt people.

But of course if your son can benefit from martial arts enrol him and teach him it's for defense only.

1/22/13 11:41 PM
paluka

put a brick in his lunch box
1/22/13 11:44 PM
Mad Dangler

superCalo - I know a four year old with lightening fast hand speed, agressive and dosent back down from anyone, he claims other kids hit him, chased him, however found out this wss just a defence mechanism so he wouldn't get in trouble, he was the one doing the punching, so make sure you find out the full story if possible before taking rash action. Phone Post
That's why I'm asking what's the best because I don't want my son doing the bullying. I've been thinking wrestling, karate or judo. Phone Post
FormrChamp

Mad Dangler - 
FormrChamp - How far away from Huntington Beach are you ? Checkout Academy of Wrestling, ask for Kevin B.....
30min- 1hr depending on traffic Phone Post

It's a very good youth program, wrestling will teach him a lot of great qualities that will carry him through life. If he's not interested in wrestling, Judo would be my second pick. IMO Tae Kwon Do is not very effective, it may teach you a few techniques. But for the most part i don't believe it's very practical.....
D241
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So this happened in daycare?

If this really shook up your kid, you should definitely if you haven't already, have a talk with the teachers and people in charge. More than likely you're paying them to watch him, so they are accountable. You should ask where they were when all this was happening. Ask your son as well.

Do you know how many times it seems like he was hit? Was it by another 4yr old?

1/22/13 11:47 PM
Mad Dangler

D241 -

So this happened in daycare?

If this really shook up your kid, you should definitely if you haven't already, have a talk with the teachers and people in charge. More than likely you're paying them to watch him, so they are accountable. You should ask where they were when all this was happening. Ask your son as well.

Do you know how many times it seems like he was hit? Was it by another 4yr old?

He's in preschool and this isn't the first time he's mentioned it, I will now talk to teacher when I drop him off. Phone Post
1/22/13 11:50 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Sorry your little guy's getting bullied bro, you seem genuinely concerned.
1/22/13 11:52 PM
Mad Dangler

Joe_Drogan420 - Sorry your little guy's getting bullied bro, you seem genuinely concerned.
Yes him telling me this i wanted to teach him how to take down and GNP the kid but I don't want my son to be that kid. Phone Post
1/22/13 11:53 PM
ChaosOverkill
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the Daycare professional is aware and is not letting the offenders parent's know, she should have her business closed. If she has let the parents know and nothing changes, you know the parents are inadequate and if they refuse to do anything then Child services should be called to inconvenience their lives and/or find out if the kid's behaviour is a result of a bad environment.

1/22/13 11:53 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My son is two and he can throw down with four year olds lol. Good wrestlers begin at birth, high school is too late. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.