UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson: Teixeira won't stand with me

1/23/13 12:56 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I could get excited about this type of fight, but it has been brought to my attention from my management and stuff that -- and they check stuff out -- that it shows Glover is really doing a lot of work on planning to take me down and holding me against the cage ... stuff like that," he claimed. "He's going to pretend to stand up to just take me down, which is okay, I'm not surprised. I don't know what's going through his head."

"I just think that he's a great ground fighter, so if he really wants to win this fight, why then trade with me at my strong point?" Jackson continued. "Why not get me at my weakest point, which is on the ground? That's probably what he's thinking, but he's got a new thing coming because I've trained to take this fight anywhere. If he takes me down I'm getting right back up. I really feel like he's going to have a hard time taking me down."

read entire article...

1/23/13 12:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, but what if he does?

1/23/13 12:58 AM
Joe_Drogan420

Rampage motivated?
1/23/13 1:01 AM
Alistair Overstream
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Course he won't stand with you Rampage cause you can't grapple for shit
1/23/13 1:01 AM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Rampage is wrong and this is gamesmanship on both sides.

As annoying as Rampage has been lately I want to see a good fight

1/23/13 1:09 AM
Farewell Brock
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In other news, the sky is blue, Phone Post
1/23/13 1:15 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Rampage has the spy now? Phone Post
1/23/13 1:17 AM
KZTT_W85
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - So Rampage has the spy now? Phone Post
Lol, first thing that came to mind Phone Post
1/23/13 1:41 AM
MarkRobinson
1324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

I hope Rampage is wrong and this is gamesmanship on both sides.

As annoying as Rampage has been lately I want to see a good fight

My thoughts exactly. +1
1/23/13 1:58 AM
Dogman

I'm praying to the MMA gods tonight...Please MMA gods let Teixeira knock Pages head into the second row. Amen...lol
1/23/13 1:58 AM
yellow's Overseer
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised Rampage even really trained for this fight at all. Phone Post
1/23/13 2:20 AM
simonpe

Just lol Phone Post
1/23/13 2:32 AM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Glover will stand with him either, he's be stupid to.

A beaten and half dead Maldonado (coming off two losses on short notice) rocked the fuck out of Glover, Rampage could very well put an end to think with his hands...

1/23/13 3:05 AM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 
12SixElbow -

A beaten and half dead Maldonado (coming off two losses on short notice) rocked the fuck out of Glover, Rampage could very well put an end to think with his hands...

Lol

You are exaggerating. Phone Post

A little bit.

1/23/13 3:09 AM
sextoymagic

Stand up fight = glover rnd 1 ko Phone Post
1/23/13 3:09 AM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage hasn't knocked down let alone knocked out anyone in how long? Phone Post
1/23/13 3:10 AM
12SixElbow

I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole -  Rampage hasn't knocked down let alone knocked out anyone in how long? Phone Post

Like a BJ Penn fan does I am holding out hope for old Rampage.

1/23/13 3:52 AM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole -  Rampage hasn't knocked down let alone knocked out anyone in how long? Phone Post

Like Bj, rampage could've been much more. I think he'll do well in Bellator Phone Post
1/23/13 3:55 AM
12SixElbow

I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole - 
12SixElbow -

Like Bj, rampage could've been much more. I think he'll do well in Bellator Phone Post

I don't think they're going to sign him to be honest. Bjorn did NOT seem excited about the idea, Dan the Wolfman was bringing it up over and over in thier interview and Bjorn didn't seem thrilled. Said something about personalities, etc...  I might be reading too much into it, but...

1/23/13 4:02 AM
stonepony

12SixElbow - 

What... Glover smashed the guy with about 100 power strikes to the face in the first round. His face was a broken mess from top to bottom. He was stupid and left his hands down and Maldonado tagged him. Would have been one of the biggest come-back wins of all time. Didn't the doctors rescue Maldonado in that fight? They stopped it didn't they?

He can throw power punches like Quinton, and, he can kick. If Quinton makes it a good fight, I'll be surprised. IMO he's not going to do better against Glover, than he did against JBJ.
1/23/13 4:04 AM

12SixElbow -
12SixElbow -

I don't think they're going to sign him to be honest. Bjorn did NOT seem excited about the idea, Dan the Wolfman was bringing it up over and over in thier interview and Bjorn didn't seem thrilled. Said something about personalities, etc...  I might be reading too much into it, but...

Really? Can you imagine Rampage/King Mo for the LHW belt, ratings gold. Probably doesn't like the price tag Phone Post
1/23/13 4:09 AM
Vulva Fabulous
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

It just reinforced that Maldanado is one tough son of a bitch. Tex used Maldanado like he was a heavy bag in the 1st round, and got tagged because he got lazy and left his hands down, not expecting Maldanado to be standing, let alone landing anything with some power behind it. I never saw a round like that in my life.....I don't think it takes away from Glover as much as is shows that Maldanado has a head of solid marble with a customized granite chin. Phone Post
1/23/13 4:09 AM
12SixElbow

stonepony - 
12SixElbow - 

What... Glover smashed the guy with about 100 power strikes to the face in the first round. His face was a broken mess from top to bottom. He was stupid and left his hands down and Maldonado tagged him. Would have been one of the biggest come-back wins of all time. Didn't the doctors rescue Maldonado in that fight? They stopped it didn't they?

He can throw power punches like Quinton, and, he can kick. If Quinton makes it a good fight, I'll be surprised. IMO he's not going to do better against Glover, than he did against JBJ.

That was my point basically, half dead Maldonado rocked Glover good, Page can too.

1/23/13 4:10 AM
12SixElbow

12SixElbow -
12SixElbow -

Really? Can you imagine Rampage/King Mo for the LHW belt, ratings gold. Probably doesn't like the price tag Phone Post

You probably hit the nail on the head, Rampage is KILLING it in the UFC and still complaints about money, maybe Bellator can't afford the payday

1/23/13 5:32 AM
Malvert the Janitor
930 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Get out of my head! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.