UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Finally a reporter calls gsp out on point fighting

1/23/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HandyDarsh
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahah this guy isnt the first person to ask GSP this type of question, infact i think it was a fan question.

the way he worded it made him sound like a fan anyway, how many people finished sheilds, Condit, Ect ect.

i know hardy has been finished before that seems to be the fight that everyoe refers to. 

1/23/13 1:28 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im suprised he doesnt want to finish more, if history shows anything with gsp its that the longer he lets his opponents remain in the fight the more susceptible to KO/subs HE becomes...

If i was him i would think the safest route would be to get in and get out, and not let someone get a god shot in that would floor him ala the serra fight...
1/23/13 1:45 PM
Mit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP at this point doesn't even need to shift out of second gear to beat most guys. He had a scare with Condit but how long since he's had any shaky moments in cage? I'd love to see the guy finish but realistically he has almost cleaned out the division and will be looking for new challenges I think. Randy Couture made a career out of doing the same thing and everyone loves him.
1/23/13 1:49 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht -

GSP is far more exciting in his decisions than Bendo is and Bendo has MORE decisions in a row. Bendo's last seven fights were decisions.

So onne of two things is going on here. You guys are closet gays that like guys with long hair and swag or you are sour BJ fans still crying over GSP beating BJ's ass to the death twice.

Losers.

Benson is in a top 5 foty almost every year, both are exciting for different reasons. Phone Post
1/23/13 1:56 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"finishing" a fighter isn't easy. Everu fighter can't have Manhoef striking or Roger subs. You have to work with wht you have. You can't just enter the Konami code and magically end a fight. It's completely ridiculous how bent out of shape people get about "safe" fighting or lack of finishes. Phone Post
1/23/13 2:03 PM
bewl
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
Zed Wayne Zed - This is taking the keyboard warrior thing to a new level,
but in person, by a MMA blogger.

You have the gall to talk to one of the best ever like that?
Really bothered me.
Blogger, if you are on here,
you're a bitch.

GSP handled it with class,
but you could tell by the eyes it rustled his jimmy.

You don't think he has the right to voice his opinion? Do you believe gsp gives his absolute best and doesn't hold back when he fights?

If mma were actually bigger, he'd get a lot more shit for not finishing anyone in 5 years. I don't understand why the media stopped asking him why he doesn't finish fights, he needs to feel that pressure to perform.

People pay good money to watch a fight, not a point collecting contest.
If you think he is 'holding back' in his fights... then that only speaks to how truly great he really is. To clown people the way he does, while not giving his best... amazing. Phone Post
1/23/13 2:06 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was the question poor in, say, integrity and framing? Yes, no doubt (especially if it was from a fanboy non-fighter, which it no doubt was). But, I agree with some on here that its a question that George should answer honestly because it is the primary criticism of his game/style. Personally I could care less how a fighter wins....KO's and taps are more exciting, but a good 5 round slugfest or technical war is also awesome to see.

Looking forward to this fight!
1/23/13 2:34 PM
ShaqNoob
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a fan question.
1/23/13 2:40 PM
Jetster

KOF needs to get a life, jealousy can kill a man from the inside, lol Whaaa!! Whaaa!!!
1/23/13 2:52 PM
Harmon Whistler
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
DanGold - link?

54th minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eY1yA3cuIc&feature=g-subs-u

That vid is only 39 minutes long..

1/23/13 2:55 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the ops obsession is creepy, GSP must have spurned his advances

1/23/13 2:56 PM
ZombieJiuJitsu

Hey he's a world champion and that guy is a low waged reporter disrespecting a real athlete! BREAKING NEWS!

NO my question to OP, would you call out GSP the best WW MMA fighter ever, NO! Stop making dumb threads.

Signed,
The World.
1/23/13 2:59 PM
Lazer MMA

Too much is made of this especially when guys are getting cut for losing (not that GSP is at risk - just a fair point overall).

Yes give EXTRA props to fighters that finish no question but if they do not it's NOT a knock on the fighter. Fight smart &

"just win baby!"
1/23/13 3:01 PM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TryhardNobody - If the person GSP is fighting cant take him out of his gameplan and make him stop fighting like that then too fuckin bad. GSP forces ppl to fight however he wants wherever he wants. That takes a lot of skill. Im not here to see fights finished. I want to see who has more skill, more heart, who has trained harder and who can dictate where the fignt takes place. Even when GSP doesnt finish fights he shatters ppls faces and makes them look bad. It takes a ton of skill to do what he does

THIS....and the money he makes per fight vs. what some of the stand and wangers make is pretty convincing as well.
1/23/13 8:54 PM
KingOfFighters

SoupCan -  I challenged OP to a screen name bet and I said if I lost I would even buy him a blue name as well as let him change mine. He dick tucked like all shitty trolls do.

I have to say though he is GSP's biggest fan, he searches the internets for every interview GSP gives and he's even been learning a little French by listening to all the radio shows GSP appears on in Montreal. Phone Post

You tried to make a bet on a fight where we both picked the same victor, throw some other offers, and lets see if we can find a match where we'll pick different victors.
1/23/13 8:58 PM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol op is obsessed. Get help buddy. Phone Post
1/23/13 9:00 PM
KingOfFighters

bewl - 
KingOfFighters -
Zed Wayne Zed - This is taking the keyboard warrior thing to a new level,
but in person, by a MMA blogger.

You have the gall to talk to one of the best ever like that?
Really bothered me.
Blogger, if you are on here,
you're a bitch.

GSP handled it with class,
but you could tell by the eyes it rustled his jimmy.

You don't think he has the right to voice his opinion? Do you believe gsp gives his absolute best and doesn't hold back when he fights?

If mma were actually bigger, he'd get a lot more shit for not finishing anyone in 5 years. I don't understand why the media stopped asking him why he doesn't finish fights, he needs to feel that pressure to perform.

People pay good money to watch a fight, not a point collecting contest.
If you think he is 'holding back' in his fights... then that only speaks to how truly great he really is. To clown people the way he does, while not giving his best... amazing. Phone Post

You're correct. For those who claim gsp has no KO power, they're fucking idiots IMO. Look at the hieron fight, how he puts his weight behind his punches, and pivots properly. He was absolutely wrecking that guy, even dropped him a few times. He could walk through guys like anderson silva does, but perhaps he's not confident in his defense while standing up? He's very timid, and selective in the strikes he does decide to make.
1/23/13 9:49 PM
SoupCan
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
SoupCan -  I challenged OP to a screen name bet and I said if I lost I would even buy him a blue name as well as let him change mine. He dick tucked like all shitty trolls do.

I have to say though he is GSP's biggest fan, he searches the internets for every interview GSP gives and he's even been learning a little French by listening to all the radio shows GSP appears on in Montreal. Phone Post

You tried to make a bet on a fight where we both picked the same victor, throw some other offers, and lets see if we can find a match where we'll pick different victors.
Your picking GSP to win?

Congrats on being his #1 fan. Phone Post
1/23/13 10:55 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Faggot op is most def a fucking faggot. Gsp can do wtf he wants.
1/23/13 11:02 PM
whoabro

KevinMcAllister - "finishing" a fighter isn't easy. Everu fighter can't have Manhoef striking or Roger subs. You have to work with wht you have. You can't just enter the Konami code and magically end a fight. It's completely ridiculous how bent out of shape people get about "safe" fighting or lack of finishes. Phone Post
This Phone Post
1/23/13 11:18 PM
KingOfFighters

Michai - 
KingOfFighters - Finally a reporter has the balls to ask gsp the hard questions. Is he finally going to finish anyone by knockout, or do your usual minimum.

Gsp gives the typical response, about why doesn't the reporter fight in the octagon. Funny how many people fight in the same cage and finish fights, and many of gsp's opponents have been knocked out right after fighting gsp, but he gets a pass for his boring point fighting.

He'd get a lot less flack of he actually put some weight behind his punches, and tries to go for the knockout, submission fucking anything, finish a fight, it's been 5 years george.
Hey moron. How many fighter fight the single top contentendor every fight in arguably the most difficult division? Phone Post

Who the fuck says it's the most difficult division?? For years fitch dominated it while being #2, which really showed how competitive that division is. The only new contender is Hendricks, and the most important part of that fight will be if he can stop the take down, if he can that fight will become a whole different kind of interesting.
1/23/13 11:47 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Op truly has a stiff dick for GSP. Phone Post
1/23/13 11:51 PM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -  Link to Story? Vid?

And its true about losing an exciting fight is much worse for gsp's career than winning a boring one.

GSP had to look out for number 1 first. Why should heb pander to the "fans" who will turn on him the second he loses. The UG will erupt with threads about him being overrated and the like. We all know how it works here. People will complain when he wins and people will complain when he loses. Lose/lose situation for him. Phone Post

I've always been confused by this.

People beg for fighters to take chances

Fighter does, and loses

People go on about how he was over rated and blah blah blah.

I love it when a fighter brings it, but I dont abandon them as a fan when or if they lose. Most of my favorite fighters are NOT top 10 guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.