UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> my weight loss thread

1/23/13 2:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RGJuJitsu
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so I am trying to keep it simple. I don't do well keeping a lot of records or weighing and measuring food so I made some basic tenants that I will refine along the way.
height: 6'1"
Start weight: 325lbs
blood pressure: 140/90
cholesterol: 250

I will do a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise 5x per week. Not super worried about type or anything just yet, want to deal with diet first and keep body moving.

diet: meat, fruit, vegetable, dairy, nuts if it's not one of those I'm not going to eat it and no more than 3 sevings of fruit a day. Other than that I am going to eat when I am hungry as long as it is on that list.

have been on good track for 2 days

first day did 30 min on elliptical for total of 2.1 miles ate 4 over easy eggs cooked in butter for breakfast, protien shake around 10, steak and salad around 1, fruit around three and 2 italian sausages around 6 apple again around 8

second day weigh in 319 lbs. six lbs in one day?

second day no training, slept in
breakfast was 3 eggs with ham and cheese peppers and onions
coffee

lunch was some cashews and hard boiled aggs and grapes

protein shake snack
dinner was steak and tomatoes and kale chips
snack was grapes around 8

3rd day weigh in 315 lbs. crap i'm eating like a horse and ten lbs in 2 days? working out only once?
1/23/13 11:54 PM
Eggmachine
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good work! Most of that weight is probably water but it sure is encouraging to the scale go down! Keep it up and stay motivated. The 3rd week is usually the hardest. Most of the guys on here know their stuff so hopefully they can help you if you run into trouble.

Keep updating.
1/24/13 9:04 AM
RGJuJitsu
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks man, it is encouraging. Day three had denver omelette for breakfast. Homemade beef jerky snack, chili for lunch, apple snack, carne asada with onions for dinner then Greek yogurt with sliced mangoes for 8pm snack.
30 minutes elliptical.
Down one pound on day. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:52 AM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my advice would be to come up with a more specific plan because you are much more likely to be successful following a routine rather than just free-wheeling it when it comes to what you are eating and what you are doing for exercise. figure out how many calories you want to eat, then design several meal plans to meet that goal...otherwise you are just operating in the dark.

same goes for exercise...you should have some kind of focus...going into the gym for 30 minutes and doing something random is certainly better than doing nothing, but you cant make real progress without some sort of structure. but realize that getting in shape is a long term process. you make progress through incremental improvements over time, not by killing yourself in a single workout.
1/24/13 7:31 PM
Eggmachine
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's your recipe for the jerky? I've got a dehydrator recently and my first batch turned out pretty lame. I'm hoping to try something different next time.
1/25/13 7:05 AM
RGJuJitsu

I freeze flank steak for about 30 minutes because it's easier to cut. Then slice it across grain maybe 1/8 in slices. Marinade for 24 hours in kosher salt black pepper soy worstechier sauce Brown sugar canned chipotles and some sambal olek ginger and garlic. Take it out of marinade and dry well. Then lay on wire rack on cookie tray turn oven to lowest setting and leave door slightly cracked with a saute pan or something until its dry as you like. 4-8 hours. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.