UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Fml lower back

1/23/13 3:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rpribyl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strained my lumbar region today doing front squats. Anyone have a tried and true method to get through this asap? Phone Post
1/23/13 7:01 PM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of stretching of hips, hamstrings and back as well as general core exercise is whats helped me with a messed up back.
1/23/13 7:22 PM
dizz
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rest a week or two, ibuprofen, ice.

Like  Mit said, stretch your hips, hammies and back a bunch as you work back...core exercises as well.

1/23/13 8:22 PM
Badmonkey

Also consider stretching a workout in and of itself and try not to do anything too strenuous afterwards.

I found that stretching hard earlier int he day or before another hard workout gave me problems. I started stretching at night before dinner or after my regular workouts and felt much better.
1/24/13 2:07 AM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been unable to squat or deadlift properly for a while. ROM just kept getting worse and worse, and I felt weaker and weaker.

Finally had an mri.... 3 bulging discs in lower back. 2 herniated. I've been training with this for years but it has gotten worse.

PT will be lots of mobility work and stretching/strengthening. My hamstrings are simply not flexible enough to do.a full squat or even get into a correct deadlift position. Sitting for work and working from the guard a lot have cause problems for my hip flexors and hammies. Phone Post
1/24/13 7:32 AM
rpribyl

Thanks for the input guys, I've been doing lots of stretching alternate ice and heat. This shit blows, never happened to me before. Stretching is a bitch right now.

Anything else besides icy hot I should be looking into? Phone Post
1/24/13 1:19 PM
TheKidAintMine
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/25/13 11:41 AM
rpribyl

I have found that using an ab wheel helps a lot, just giving an update Phone Post
1/26/13 4:45 PM
Taku
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I foind the two best ways to be sure you do stretch are to:

1. Incoporate specific stretches for each area you train, immdiately after you are done training them. SO if you are squatting (lower body training etc) stretch as soonas you finish your last  strength set. I train full body so I may work back, then stretch my back during the rest period. Chest, and then stretch the chest etc.

2. Do a full-body stretch routine at the end of every workout. Minimal stretching routines that are well thought out should take not more than 5 minutes on the brief side and 20 minutes on the long side.

TAKU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.