UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz: I like GSP just fine

1/23/13 4:45 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Many fans were a little pleasantly surpised that Nick Diaz made to the UFC 158 press conference And it was a big surprise that Nick Diaz was so pleasnt and engaging throughout.

Fans have come to expeect Diaz to engage in pleasantries more like this:

It is a old story.

This time however, Diaz was entirely professional.

“It’s not so bad once you’re here, but I’d rather not do it," Diaz admitted. "I’ll survive, but it’s a little close to the fight to take off from home for me. It’s fine to be here.  didn’t make it to the last press conference. It wasn’t very professional on my part. I just was ready to fight, I was ready to go to the fight and fight.

“I thought that was the important part, but I had to learn my lesson. There’s a lesson learned from this and I’m ready to fight.”

But Diaz was not just professional, he was... nice.

“At first, I had a lot of hard feelings because I’m like, ‘Hey, how come you’re not going to recognize me as the guy out here,’” said Diaz of St-Pierre. “I’m over here dropping names, running my mouth and I get no attention. It was frustrating. So, you just gotta work it right until you win the right fights and the people decide you’re the right guy. That was pretty much my issue before.

“I like [FSP] just fine. I maybe could have gotten this fight a little sooner, but I like him just fine.”

There is every expectation however that when Diaz steps into the Octagon with St-Pierre on March 16, the fans will be treated to the focus and ferocity that has so far defined him.

1/23/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he had a couple subtle jabs at gsp.. saying how georges only fights once or twice a year an has happy time with fans lol, and saying they may not be testing for steroids in montreal
1/23/13 5:02 PM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote -  Who is this FSP character? Phone Post

Fred St-Pierre
1/23/13 5:03 PM
titoscared
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should if it wasnt for GSP he would be watchin Hendricks and GSP on PPV
1/23/13 5:03 PM
HandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/23/13 5:03 PM

hahah i like how nicks voice went way higher when he was explaining how he liked GSP just fine....

i do the same thing when i tell lies

1/23/13 5:21 PM
ChaosOverkill
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 

hahah i like how nicks voice went way higher when he was explaining how he liked GSP just fine....

he's said he thinks GSP is a great role model and respects him before. I don't think it's a lie, I think he just like CHael wanted to get the champs attention any way he had to

1/23/13 5:24 PM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Fred St. Pierre

FSP FTW! Phone Post
1/23/13 5:26 PM
Washed Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/23/13 5:27 PM
Diaz is refering to GSP's mob friends lol FSP = Fake St. Pierre
1/23/13 5:27 PM
HandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
HandyDarsh - 

he's said he thinks GSP is a great role model and respects him before. I don't think it's a lie, I think he just like CHael wanted to get the champs attention any way he had to

Haha I'm not saying he hates him or anything, I've seen him speak his mind on gsp before that's all Phone Post
1/23/13 5:30 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh -

I noticed that too lol Phone Post
1/23/13 5:30 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

This is...unexpected. Phone Post
1/23/13 5:38 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Yeah, Diaz was super relaxed and professional today.

Which makes sense when you consider that medical marijuana is legal in Canada.
1/23/13 6:20 PM
DESTRO450

remember when tyson started taking prescription meds for his agressive behaviour? and then he turned into a nice guy and got knocked silly by Lewis.....

Maybe the same?
1/23/13 6:40 PM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seemed like Nike literally just blazed 3 minutes before the presser
1/23/13 8:04 PM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may just buy the ppv now.

1/23/13 8:25 PM
Josh_underground
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jps1012 -
Willy the Coyote -  Who is this FSP character? Phone Post

Fred St-Pierre
Lol'd Phone Post
1/23/13 8:27 PM
TheEssence
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDOHARM -
cheesesteak - It seemed like Nike literally just blazed 3 minutes before the presser
FSP and Nike, what the fuck goes on here?! Phone Post
LOL! Phone Post
1/23/13 8:30 PM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont think nick has any real disdain for gsp other than his smothering/boring (compared to nick's...) style. i think he explained pretty clearly today that he had to go and talk all the shit to get noticed and it worked out for him. now people will pay to see him get beat up or pay to see him beat gsp. he just did it in a much more believable way than inventing a fake character like chael had to. pretty fuckin smart for a guy everybody says is so dumb.
1/23/13 9:13 PM
Jaybrone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He probably could have gotten the fight sooner but that is no fault of GSP's. You can blame lots of people including Nick, Dana, the Commission, the judges (if you think he beat Carlos). But can't really blame GSP. In fact the only reason he is getting the fight now is because GSP.

1/23/13 10:38 PM
hogh20

Nick and Nate are fucking assholes.
1/23/13 10:41 PM
Zaph
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Nick is enjoying Montreal weed.  We have surprisingly good weed here.

1/23/13 11:36 PM
Clarence Parents
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - Nick and Nate are fucking assholes.

You're much cooler !
1/23/13 11:44 PM
yellow's Overseer
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - Nick and Nate are fucking assholes.
I heard that hogh20 fucker is kind of a dick, do you know him? Phone Post
1/24/13 12:35 AM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wilikers! I like him juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine!
1/24/13 9:44 AM
johnonguitar7

The fuck is this shit? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.