UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Travelling the world, looking to train

1/23/13 7:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CWolvie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey guys,

so, i've taken upon myself to leave my current situation and do some travelling. I'm sort of doing what the BJJ Globetrotter guy, Christian, did and am going to be travelling around and am hoping you guys can help me out. Here's a link to my proposed schedule

http://jitzchirp.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/two-months-to-go/

I'm looking at travelling mainly around those countries right now. But, I am definitely open. Anything would be appreciative.

Just a note: I am starting my adventure in Las Vegas and then eventually LA.

Thanks
Kevin
1/23/13 7:45 PM
BenBJJ
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting in Vegas and finishing all the way in LA? That's quite the World tour!
1/23/13 7:48 PM
BenBJJ
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jk! Come visit my academy in Bondi Beach Sydney, Australia! Always a have a great mix of guys from around the world on the mats.
1/23/13 7:56 PM
vaginal tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In vegas head to syndicate training center. Vinny M and Fredson Paixao teach classes there together. 10am and 6pm. M-w-f gi. Tues-thurs no gi. Phone Post
1/23/13 7:59 PM
dmckendry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/23/13 8:00 PM

when your in aus, you can crash on my couch. I am about 200 metres from 10th planet aus HQ. (Melbourne) and about 500m from Nexus BJJ. Which is owned by murat karadenizli a black belt under pedro sauer.

1/23/13 8:15 PM
BenBJJ

madmaxej9 - stop by at dynamix martial arts in Los Angeles. A JJ class with Henry Akins is always worth a trip! You'll not be disappointed, I promise :)

Friend of mine was just there for a while. Said it was awesome.
1/23/13 9:11 PM
The Diet Butcher
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thailand, Vietnam, Bali, Fiji, Australia, but no Brazil/Russia/Japan - are you sure you want to train and aren't just going on vacation?
1/24/13 12:25 PM
CWolvie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a little but of a and a little bit of b. my plan for brazil is probably after Australia. The thing is that I'll probably run out of money by Australia and need to work. My reasoning for Vietnam and Laos is to see that part of the world but Thailand is definitely for the training. I've been to brazil before and absolutely loved it. But, I'm trying to go to places I haven't been to before. Japan definitely seems like a place I should go to, I just don't know that much about it
1/24/13 12:54 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kevin, get ahold of me and i will introduce you to my friends at Wand Fight Team. you can email me at Reinhardtmartialarts@gmail.com Safe travels!
1/29/13 6:25 PM
CWolvie

thanks jason, i definitely will
1/29/13 6:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you want to stop by Dethrone in Fresno, CA...let me know.

1/30/13 3:26 PM
CWolvie

barry, as i probably won't be able to make it on the first leg of the trip. I can definitely do it on my way home. I'l definitely contact you when i get back to the US. thanks

Is there anyone in Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, San Diego? I'm looking at possibly checking out the mendes brothers and saulo riberio's again. I love San Diego and will probably splurge on going to a hostel and staying in Pacific Beach.

Also, anyone have any advice for thailand, cambodia, laos and Singapore for places to train? I'll be staying with a family friend in singapore and hear the MMA scene is starting to grow there with OneFC
2/13/13 1:40 PM
CWolvie

ttt
2/13/13 1:40 PM
CWolvie

ttt
3/10/13 1:12 AM
CWolvie

ttt, OG, i'm going to be leaving in 2 weeks.
3/10/13 8:43 AM
Sparkplug303bjj
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live and train in Thailand. I didn't get a chance to see your link, but what cities do you plan on visiting here? Phone Post
3/10/13 9:51 AM
The_R
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally I'd recommend checking out EVOLVE in Singapore because it's been credited as the best camp in Asia among other awards. Renzo has been quoted saying "Evolve is the best MMA school in Asia and has the highest quality instruction in the world." It'd definitely be an amazing experience regardless. Just my little suggestion for BJJ camps. Phone Post
3/10/13 10:13 AM
BrunoMcGyver
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where in Thailand are you going? I trained at Charn Chai Muay Thai in Pai and it was great. It's owned by the same coach who owned True Bee Gym a few years ago and the trainers are really top notch.

3/10/13 10:17 AM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The_R - Personally I'd recommend checking out EVOLVE in Singapore because it's been credited as the best camp in Asia among other awards. Renzo has been quoted saying "Evolve is the best MMA school in Asia and has the highest quality instruction in the world." It'd definitely be an amazing experience regardless. Just my little suggestion for BJJ camps. Phone Post
Evolve seems like an awesome place. I think Shinya Aoki trains there sometimes. Would love the opportunity to train with him. Definately, Evolve in Singapore is a place to visit. Phone Post
3/10/13 10:31 AM
modestoMMAfan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did a tour of Asia a few years ago and can recommend some places in Vietnam, Cambodia, and China.

Check out VIETFIGHTER GYM in Hanoi.
Snake Pit in Saigon.
Paddys Gym in Phnom Penh Cambodia.
Fitness Resort in Sihanoukville Cambodia.
Not sure if you are making it to China, but some good places here and Hong Kong.

Let me know if i can be of any help.
3/10/13 11:03 AM
The_R
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XmmaAddictX -
The_R - Personally I'd recommend checking out EVOLVE in Singapore because it's been credited as the best camp in Asia among other awards. Renzo has been quoted saying "Evolve is the best MMA school in Asia and has the highest quality instruction in the world." It'd definitely be an amazing experience regardless. Just my little suggestion for BJJ camps. Phone Post
Evolve seems like an awesome place. I think Shinya Aoki trains there sometimes. Would love the opportunity to train with him. Definately, Evolve in Singapore is a place to visit. Phone Post
I think he trains there exclusively since joining ONE. Rich Franklin and Rafael Dos Anjos do too. Phone Post
3/11/13 3:06 AM
BrunoMcGyver
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

modestoMMAfan - I did a tour of Asia a few years ago and can recommend some places in Vietnam, Cambodia, and China.

Snake Pit in Saigon.
Not sure if you are making it to China, but some good places here and Hong Kong.

So awesome that you're still posting ere man. How've you been?

3/11/13 4:45 AM
WhiteMustang
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evolve MMA is an amazing gym with many of the best professional trainers and fighters. People traveling can purchase daily, weekly, and monthly training passes for all the classes. This will not give you access to the professional fight team and professional team training. Like most gyms it is an invite only. You are welcome to submit online a request and it will be reviewed.

Enjoy your training and traveling. Sounds like it will be an experience you will never forget! Phone Post
3/12/13 3:46 AM
modestoMMAfan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - 
modestoMMAfan - I did a tour of Asia a few years ago and can recommend some places in Vietnam, Cambodia, and China.

Snake Pit in Saigon.

So awesome that you're still posting ere man. How've you been?

Bruno life is good man! Got married this summer. Moved out of Cambodia and settled into a PE teaching job in Shenzhen China. No complaints at all. How you doing? Did you get out to Thailand? Hope you're good!

The toughest part about training while traveling is budget! Where a place like Singapore is extremely expensive and EVOLVE is one of the most expensive gyms I have ever seen. Depending if your budget allows EVOLVE and Singapore would be a great experience, but it wont be cheap at all!
3/13/13 6:13 PM
CWolvie

do you have any price quotes? I do have a budget and right now it is slowly getting eaten away, already. I haven't even left for South East Asia just yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.