UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Travelling the world, looking to train

3/13/13 6:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
R1WARRIOR
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - Kevin, get ahold of me and i will introduce you to my friends at Wand Fight Team. you can email me at Reinhardtmartialarts@gmail.com Safe travels!
I've seen many places and if theres only one gym i could train, it's at Wand in Vegas. I was a tourist visiting and wand and his wife were talking to me like i was a good old friend. This place is awesome!! Coolest people ever. Phone Post
3/18/13 5:19 PM
CWolvie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bahahah is that you, shiloh?
3/28/13 4:39 AM
BrunoMcGyver
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

modestoMMAfan - 
BrunoMcGyver - 
modestoMMAfan - I did a tour of Asia a few years ago and can recommend some places in Vietnam, Cambodia, and China.

Check out VIETFIGHTER GYM in Hanoi.
Snake Pit in Saigon.
Paddys Gym in Phnom Penh Cambodia.
Fitness Resort in Sihanoukville Cambodia.
Not sure if you are making it to China, but some good places here and Hong Kong.

Let me know if i can be of any help.

So awesome that you're still posting ere man. How've you been?

Bruno life is good man! Got married this summer. Moved out of Cambodia and settled into a PE teaching job in Shenzhen China. No complaints at all. How you doing? Did you get out to Thailand? Hope you're good!

The toughest part about training while traveling is budget! Where a place like Singapore is extremely expensive and EVOLVE is one of the most expensive gyms I have ever seen. Depending if your budget allows EVOLVE and Singapore would be a great experience, but it wont be cheap at all!

Congrats on the wedding mate! What's China like? A bit different from Cambodia I bet!

Yeh I flew into Chiang Mai late-January then ended up going to Pai for a month. Trained MT there for a week before I hurt my leg falling off  scooter lol. So after that just bummed around and drank. Did a bit of caving near the Burmese border after it healed up though, then came home. Trying to see if I can get regular freelance writing work so I can travel around there while getting in income. That would be fucking sweet!

3/29/13 12:24 PM
CWolvie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just finished working in Las Vegas and going to get a chance to train today. I'll be there probably for no-gi at 6pm
5/11/13 11:45 AM
CWolvie

ttt, in Chiang Mai right now. About to train Muay Thai
5/11/13 12:03 PM
Ray Elbe
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie - ttt, in Chiang Mai right now. About to train Muay Thai
You check out the team quest gym?

Dave Menne is also teaching in Vietnam now Phone Post 3.0
5/11/13 11:17 PM
CWolvie

i was going to rent a scooter and see what it's like, today. Depending on how training goes here in Chiang Mai and pai. I might make it out to phuket next month
5/12/13 3:19 AM
CWolvie

definitely caught a parasite or something cause i got a horrible case of mud butt. I can't really do anything in Chiang Mai in fear of projectile shitting all over the place
5/12/13 6:22 AM
Sparkplug303bjj
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in Chiang Mai and train at Team Quest. Hit me up if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help or to show you around.

Also, the little Thai pharmacies have wonder drugs for butt pee. Hit one up ASAP. :) Phone Post
5/12/13 6:46 AM
Ray Elbe
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie - i was going to rent a scooter and see what it's like, today. Depending on how training goes here in Chiang Mai and pai. I might make it out to phuket next month
If you make it to Phuket you gonna train with Anthony and Andrew Leone at PTT...those two brothers are sick! Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 1:04 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like an once on a lifetime journey awesome!! May I ask what was your rough budget for something like this? Phone Post 3.0
5/12/13 2:32 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie has always been one of my favorite old school members, best of luck ! Phone Post
5/12/13 10:40 PM
CWolvie

haha, my rough budget was about $1000 USD/month. As long as you don't party every night, get ladyboys every night and get affordable accommidations. You can easily live like a king.

I've been in Thailand for about 12 days now and I've spent roughly $350 USD. But, i've partied about 10 days, now. Saw lions, flew to Chiang Mai. I'm ready to settle down now and train. Plus, i've ate out every meal.

Hey SparkPlug, i'm actually thinking about checking it out pretty soon. I'm going to go to Lanna Muay Thai and then possibly see Doi Suthep today. I got a nice little cut under my eye, so no grappling for a little bit or sparring.

I'm staying at Deejai's if you know where that is. It's close to the western gate.
5/13/13 1:05 AM
Sparkplug303bjj
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie - haha, my rough budget was about $1000 USD/month. As long as you don't party every night, get ladyboys every night and get affordable accommidations. You can easily live like a king.

I've been in Thailand for about 12 days now and I've spent roughly $350 USD. But, i've partied about 10 days, now. Saw lions, flew to Chiang Mai. I'm ready to settle down now and train. Plus, i've ate out every meal.

Hey SparkPlug, i'm actually thinking about checking it out pretty soon. I'm going to go to Lanna Muay Thai and then possibly see Doi Suthep today. I got a nice little cut under my eye, so no grappling for a little bit or sparring.

I'm staying at Deejai's if you know where that is. It's close to the western gate.

That's on Ratchmanka Road, I think?  That's very close to here.  At the end of that street, almost where it meets the east side of the moat, is a cafe called Dada  Kafe, has amazing and super healthy food and juices, check it out.

Also, I think I saw a PM from you and I deleted it accidentally lol.  Hit me up if you want to get a drink or want to come check out Quest.

5/13/13 1:30 AM
BrunoMcGyver
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahah I stayed at Deejai's about 2 months ago before I left CM...I think I was in Room 106, one of the 3-bed bottom floor rooms right next to to communal/resturant area. $3 bucks a night for a fucking bed! Woot woot!

Ask me anything either on here, my OG thailand thread or pm about Pai if there's anything you wanna know. I fucking miss Pai so much.

How's the smog there right now? Heard it was shit a month ago, has it cleared up a bit???

5/13/13 6:52 AM
Sparkplug303bjj

The smog is 100% better. In March the farmers were all burning their fields and it was unbearable. Sore throat, coughing, burning eyes, etc. it's totally gone now though. Phone Post
5/13/13 9:22 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie - haha, my rough budget was about $1000 USD/month. As long as you don't party every night, get ladyboys every night and get affordable accommidations. You can easily live like a king.

Thats awesome guess I'll save an extra budget for the ladyboys .. Til then I'll enjoy following your journey i, save travels man Phone Post 3.0
5/13/13 12:35 PM
CWolvie

thanks dude.

Hahah, i'm in the communial room right now. I had 106 initially, but i switched to the second floor because the heat right now is pretty ridiculous. The chicks rolling through here are money. I love this plae. Unfortunately, I'll have to leave this place when I finally settle down with training.
5/13/13 8:46 PM
BrunoMcGyver

hahaha true, plenty of decent cheap more chilled places to stay in CM though so it'll still be alright...

I broke one of the fucking bathroom tiles in that room just by fucking standing on it! There was literally nothing underneath that tile! I'm sure they fixed that up quick smart though hehe

Decided which gym ya gonna try out first?

5/13/13 9:47 PM
CWolvie

i'm probably going to do either Lanna Muay Thai or Team Quest. I tried Lanna yesterday and going to go to Team Quest today. Did you do any of that elephant trekking shit while you were here? It looks fun to do before i start training.
5/13/13 10:45 PM
DamnHenderson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up for pure awesomeness, and check ins Phone Post 3.0
5/14/13 12:32 AM
BrunoMcGyver

Do you mean like elephant rides and stuff? Didn't do any of that hey. If anyone read or heard about the abuse those elephants go through to be as mellow as they are, I don't know how they could either.

Really wished I went and saw Doi Suthep though. Heard that was awesome. If you wanna do some killer trekking and stuff there's a place called Cave Lodge, about 50kms out of Pai a few kms from the Burmese border.

It's run by an Aussie who's lived there for over 30 years and they guided caving, trekking and kayak tours. I went caving there with an American I knew from the gym in Pai and 2 chicks we met at the lodge. It was fucking awesome. 3 caves, a bit of trekking, lunch and our own guide for 600 fucking baht!

8/22/13 2:30 AM
CWolvie

I am currently in Singapore. Anyone have any suggestions for places to train? I've seen Impact, Evolve and BJJ Singapore. Problem I have is that it's really really expensive here.

PS, i'll be here for a month.

Check out the blog http://jitzchirp.wordpress.com
8/22/13 2:40 AM
StephenLangdown
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWolvie - I am currently in Singapore. Anyone have any suggestions for places to train? I've seen Impact, Evolve and BJJ Singapore. Problem I have is that it's really really expensive here.

PS, i'll be here for a month.

Check out the blog http://jitzchirp.wordpress.com
I live in Singapore, add me on Facebook might be able to help you out.
Search Stephen langdown Phone Post 3.0
8/22/13 5:14 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like your living the dream Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.