UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Rampage should go where he's happy

1/23/13 11:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I don't know [if Saturday will be Jackson's last UFC fight], we'll see what happens," White told MMAmania.com at Wednesday's UFC 158 press conference (watch it in full here) in Montreal. "I mean I got to answer this question the way I answer all ‘Rampage' Jackson questions. You never know where you are with the guy, you know, if you ask me, do I think we've treated ‘Rampage' Jackson well? I think we've been great to ‘Rampage' Jackson. Financially, personally, professionally and every other way you can be cool to a guy."

"It's one of those deals where me and Lorenzo [Fertitta] love what we do, we love being involved and we love doing great things and growing the sport, making guys more money, doing all the things that we've done over the last 13 years, but at the end of the day, any job you have, I don't care what you do for a living, you have to be happy with what you're doing and be happy with the people you're doing it with," he said. "And if ‘Rampage' isn't happy with us then what are we going to do? The guy needs to go somewhere where the people make him happy."

read entire article...

1/24/13 12:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And guess where that happy place might be.

1/24/13 12:08 AM
aka_rtotheoh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its too bad bjorn isnt sayimg this. Let eddie bang bro Phone Post
1/24/13 12:09 AM
Willin
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the way Rampage acts he should go to InvictaFC. Phone Post
1/24/13 12:14 AM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -  With the way Rampage acts he should go to InvictaFC. Phone Post

LOL....
1/24/13 12:21 AM
Willy Navarro

If I was Dana White if be tired of Rampage BS too. Just go dude. Phone Post
1/24/13 12:24 AM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aka_rtotheoh - its too bad bjorn isnt sayimg this. Let eddie bang bro Phone Post
The situations are a little different. UFC has tons of stars, many much bigger than rampage. Eddie is by far bellator's biggest name. Phone Post
1/24/13 12:28 AM
ruggets4nuggets

Juicymma - 
aka_rtotheoh - its too bad bjorn isnt sayimg this. Let eddie bang bro Phone Post
The situations are a little different. UFC has tons of stars, many much bigger than rampage. Eddie is by far bellator's biggest name. Phone Post

While that may be true, in a Alvarez / Chandler rematch I'm going with Chandler. That man is a straight up beast.
1/24/13 12:44 AM
HolyHackZack
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey that's what I told my ex too, she knew what I really meant...
1/24/13 12:45 AM
The Sauce
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy to read a classy, president-like statement from Mr White Phone Post
1/24/13 12:52 AM
KCIAC

Why do you even call him Rampage...hates the UFC. hates the fans, hates the way fighters fight.....WAAAAMMmmmmpage. Fuckin go away, go fight in Invicta.
1/24/13 12:53 AM
StephenLangdown
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -  With the way Rampage acts he should go to InvictaFC. Phone Post

Voted up, thank you for starting my day right!
1/24/13 4:00 AM
pegson123

Rampage is acting like a chump. I'm a bad person Phone Post
1/24/13 4:26 AM
shinbang

Title should say black rampage should go where he's happy, not white
1/24/13 8:31 AM
Authority Figure

yellow wrkahlc - 

I always wondered about his kids in Japan. I wonder how often he visits them?

1/24/13 9:11 AM
Broder

Rampage has options. Will he be smart enough to take advantage of them? Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Rampage made big money somewhere outside (TNA, WWE, Japan, TV, movies...) of the UFC or if he was living in his A-team van in 5 years from now.
1/24/13 9:20 AM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great that Dana didn't bring up the fact that he personally flew to orange county to help rampage after he drove into a pregnant woman.

i can't fathom how a man can say he's being disrespected or treated poorly.

as far as i'm concerned if you fly across the country and bail me out of jail you get a few freebies in the respect department.
1/24/13 9:24 AM
Lazer MMA

Door is open if he chops Glover IMO, and I always thought so. This is the $$ fight for Page and 1st on TRT. Page should chill if he wins as IMO many fans will want him in the UFC.
1/24/13 9:27 AM
Zekolas

Can someone explain the issue Rampage has being in the UFC?

From what I read he says he liked pride but they were not trust worthy and screwed him over, then goes on to talk about how the UFC always upheld their contract and never did that.

Then goes onto say he wants out of the UFC because they don't want him to "win".

To me the UFC promoted him well; put him on TUF; gave him the big fights, helped him with his legal matters ect.
1/24/13 10:16 AM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

heaven?

1/24/13 4:47 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage needs to start pro wrestling ASAP.

I think the best move for him would be to move to Bellator.The level of competition in the light heavyweight division there is still very managable for him for a couple of year and he could combine it perfectly with some pro wrestling and a few side projects he wanted to work on for ages.

I personally like Rampage a lot but his best fighting days are l gone. Hewas good in the  UFC but never great. He did beat Chuck (pretty much destroyed his career because it was only downhill from there for Chuck) for a second time but his style of fighting was already a lot less appealing then in his Pride days. And he did take the scalps of some big names either still in there prime (Machida,Hamill) or at the end of their careers (Wandie,Chuck, Hendo....to he is arguable far from finished). But he had some weird loses,he looked pretty horrific in Japan and he always had a big problem with the training camps and making the weight.

I rather see Rampage do his thing in Bellator,where he can bring back those slams against perhaps somewhat lesser competition and enjoy the fuck out of himself mock battling with king Mo at TNT wrestling then seeing him outshined and worked in the UFC.

PS his japanese girl is fine as fuck but not nearly as sweet as big Nog crying girlfriend....but perhaps i am just a sick bastard lol.

1/24/13 7:07 PM
TheKidAintMine
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - great that Dana didn't bring up the fact that he personally flew to orange county to help rampage after he drove into a pregnant woman.

i can't fathom how a man can say he's being disrespected or treated poorly.

as far as i'm concerned if you fly across the country and bail me out of jail you get a few freebies in the respect department.

Yup

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.