UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How many miles a week do Elite Fighters Run?

1/25/13 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The answer is how close are the flashing blue lights! That's when a man is truly tested in his running game!
1/25/13 4:13 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blaznbison24 - Usually a low heart rate means you're fit but not always. Jim Ryun, who ran 3:51 for the mile on a crappy track had a resting heart rate in the 60s. Mine is in the 50s and I do a ton of endurance work.

Triple_B: wouldn't high intensity activities increase your hearts stroke volume, which increases the amount of blood pumped by your heart?
This. Phone Post
1/25/13 4:53 PM
Triple_B
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blaznbison24 - Usually a low heart rate means you're fit but not always. Jim Ryun, who ran 3:51 for the mile on a crappy track had a resting heart rate in the 60s. Mine is in the 50s and I do a ton of endurance work.

Triple_B: wouldn't high intensity activities increase your hearts stroke volume, which increases the amount of blood pumped by your heart?

Of course there always exceptions to rules. There is also the chance that he didn't measure his heart rate when he woke up after a good nights rest which is most accurate.

High intensity cardio = big strong heart capable of pumping more blood
Steady state cardio = larger left ventricle capable of being filled up with more blood

Who hydrates faster someone drinking 16 oz of water out of a glass with a large opening or someone drinking out of a straw? There is nothing wrong with where it is coming from but it could be delivered more efficiently.

You need both, to neglect steady state work completely is not a good idea unless you have a low resting heart already in which case you probably only need it to make weight or break up the monotony of training at high intensity all the time.
1/25/13 4:57 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - Many dont run. Its not the same kind of cardio. Gsp said he only does mma training and gymnastics for cardio. Weightlifting for looks.

Running is kind of overrated. Great for the heart, but bad for the knees.

That's not true, in fact it has been shown to preserve knee strength as people age, but for people who already have knee problems (like pro athletes) it can exacerbate them.
1/25/13 5:41 PM
MartialArtsMixed
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/25/13 5:42 PM
Looks like Rampage runs a lot too now(thanks to his shoes) and it helps him out with his stamina.

“When I first looked at it, I thought, 'what am I gonna be doing, running on the moon?'" said Rampage. "Surprisingly enough, this design is really, really comfortable. I’ve been running in these shoes for like three months now and have no complaints about it. It took my running to a whole ‘nother level. I hate running! I have a short attention span and I hate running because it’s mundane. You’re running on a treadmill or on the streets and you gotta stop at the lights. With these shoes, you can go anywhere!”

“I wanted to test these shoes out and prove them wrong but I couldn’t. I was running over rocks and logs and in mud, up dirt hills, it doesn’t bother me. It made my cardio much better by doing what I want to do…I wanted to see what these shoes couldn’t do, that’s the type of person I am, I’m a fighter at everything. I haven’t found one thing these shoes can’t do yet.”
1/25/13 5:43 PM
The Wizzle
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shoes that could whip me up a cup of coffee would be great. good thread
1/26/13 1:18 AM
MasterofMartialArts
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
Blunderhooks - Kalib Starnes runs about 80 miles a week. Phone Post
Came here just to see this comment Phone Post
How did you know it was here unless you clicked the thread?

MINDFUCK. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.