UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage says he gets paid less than skateboarders

1/24/13 10:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picture from MMAJunkie.com

Uploaded today to MMAFighting.com, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson talks to Ariel Helwani at the UFC gym in Chicago ahead of his fight on Saturday with Glover Teixeira.

Jackson, who fights his final fight in the UFC on Saturday, first addresses the fans that negatively receive him because of his comments about the UFC.

"I tell then fans, if you don't want to hear me complain then don't listen to the interviews," Jackson said. "You're the one asking me questions about it, I wouldn't say nothing about it if you didn't ask me questions about it.

"They're fans, all they see is me getting in the cage, they don't know how much money I make, some of them probably make more money than me, but it's not about money, it's about respect."

Jackson has been posting a lot of pictures on his Instagram account (rampage4real) of himself commercially endorsing Reebok shoes.

"The UFC can't do anything about what goes on my feet. In my opinion, I think it's illegal that the UFC are telling me I can't wear Reebok on my shorts because I'm an independent contractor, I know this.

"If I'm a plumber and I come to your house and you own a clothing company and there's a plumber wearing his outfit and you're like "woah, you can't wear your plumbing outfit in my house! You gotta' wear my brand!" It's like "hey man you can't tell me that!" It's the same thing going on here. It's like extortion almost."

Dana White counters Jackson's comment yesterday by saying that the UFC treat him better than he implies financially and professionally which should make for an interesting press conference later today.

"MMA is the most exciting sport and we get paid less than everybody - we get paid less than skateboarders. God forbid we get some sponsors, why you gotta' take that away from us? We gotta' make all the money we can make."

"Reebok don't care that I can't wear them on my shorts. Reebok bigger than the UFC they don't care about the UFC."

1/24/13 10:24 AM
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I got a family to feed!"

1/24/13 10:27 AM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMentalisT - Umm who is he comparing himself to? Tony Hawk and Rob Dyrdek? I bet he makes more than 99% of the skaters. Page has been saying some dumb shit.

agreed
1/24/13 10:30 AM
Gullivers Travels
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at his sponsor analogy.
1/24/13 10:32 AM
Barbalos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hurry up and lose Rampage, tired of the complaining.
1/24/13 10:33 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

" I think it's illegal that the UFC are telling me I can't wear Reebok on my shorts because I'm an independent contractor, I know this."

1/24/13 10:33 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMentalisT - Umm who is he comparing himself to? Tony Hawk and Rob Dyrdek? I bet he makes more than 99% of the skaters. Page has been saying some dumb shit.

comparing himself to tony hawk. not only an athlete, an icon. its not the same.

Page can say what he wants, but as fans, we have the right to say that we think about his statements. he is only hurting himself here
1/24/13 10:34 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

"If I'm a plumber and I come to your house and you own a clothing company and there's a plumber wearing his outfit and you're like "woah, you can't wear your plumbing outfit in my house! You gotta' wear my brand!" It's like "hey man you can't tell me that!" It's the same thing going on here. It's like extortion almost."

Seriously Rampage???? Seriously????

1/24/13 10:34 AM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skateboarders are more entertaining, fwiw.
1/24/13 10:36 AM
zazen br

2 more days until Rampage becomes irrelevant.

I can't take the whining anymore. Please Glover, brutally kick this guy out of the door.
1/24/13 10:39 AM
GaryColeman

Does Rampage even have any fans anymore? Phone Post
1/24/13 10:40 AM
AshDoherty
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT -  Why can't he have Rebok on his shorts? Phone Post

Quote from Dana White yesterday:

"It's no different than any other sponsorship," White said. "We work just like every other league works, you don't just wear what you want, you have to have approved sponsors, and they're not one. Like I said, maybe Rampage can go find some people he's happy to work with."

1/24/13 10:40 AM
BenBJJ
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He SHOULD GET PAID LESS THAN SKATEBOARDERS.
1/24/13 10:42 AM
Arachnoid

I'm ready for Rampage to go away. He was awesome back in the days of Pride, but he has been nothing but a crying little bitch since he's been in the UFC.

Hopefully, his days are numbered.

Glover will light him up.
1/24/13 10:51 AM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 135 = Rampage Jackson: $325,000 ($250,000 to show, $75,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

UFC 144= Rampage Jackson: $200,000 ($250,000 to show, -$50,000 missing weight)

He made $525,000 for approximately 33min in his last 2 fights which were losses. He hasnt improved his style since PRIDE,  and he appears to do more trash talking than actual fighting nowadays. IMO he is being overpaid by the UFC for what he has left in the tank which is the equivilant of a punchers chance each fight..... see ya Rampage

1/24/13 10:59 AM
suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love rampage!  this is one of the all-time funniest moments to me

shoulda been paid a bundle for this alone

9ersKAEPedmyfudgehole

I used to be a big Rampage fan, but his constant whining these last couple of years is getting real old, honestly I am glad this his last UFC fight
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^  that was a classic moment  LOL

1/24/13 11:00 AM
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got beat into oblivion for that.

1/24/13 11:04 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

poor fella..lets start a paypal for him..kirik can you make a sticky?

1/24/13 11:04 AM
Bruham
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

"I got a family to feed!"

Solid.
1/24/13 11:06 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President
BenBJJ - He SHOULD GET PAID LESS THAN SKATEBOARDERS.

why?
1/24/13 11:07 AM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'page is whining, but - approved sponsors - Nike yes Reebok no ?????????

c'mon Dana, can we get some effort into making approved sponsors a level playing field as opposed to only approving the sponsors of the guy the UFC is putting money into sponsoring - JBJ ??????
1/24/13 11:07 AM
Hocky Balboa
10654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That interview reminds me of the time I made a plumber take his clothes off in my house. Phone Post
1/24/13 11:08 AM
KCIAC

Are we really listening to someone with a Reebok sponser complaining about moneyD? Fuck this guy. Doesn't this guy get paid 250k plus PPV cut....he fight's 3 times a year....thats at least 750k a year plus plus plus plus...he's a multi-millionare....every year he become's a multi-millionare again....and he want's fans to relate to him...my god he makes me sick....move on, go elsewhere. Crawl under a rock you whiny, self entitled whiny bitch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.