UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW doubts 'award winning actor' Nobre will b back

1/24/13 10:28 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

During the UFC on FX 7 prelim card, bantamweight Yuri Alcantara took late replacement Pedro Nobre's back and was landing what appeared to be legal blows. 

Referee Dan Miragliotta warned Alcantara about strikes to the back of the head, and then stopped the contest. The final blows did not appear to land on the back of the head, although perhaps Miragliotta discerned that Nobre was feeling the results of an earlier blow that did land too close to the back of the head.

Nobre lay on the mat in what appeared to be extreme pain, and eventually Big Dan declared the blows accidental, and called the fight a No Contest.

UFC president Dana White, who was not cageside in Brazil as he was recovering from surgery in the US, responded angrily, via Twitter.

Dana White @danawhite
That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M

Although Alcantara did not get the win, he did get the win money.

The later appearance of Nobre wearing a neck brace did little to change White's opinion.

"I think he's a fantastic actor," said White Wednesday's UFC 158 press conference. "Did you hear he's walking around Brazil with a neck brace on right now?"

When asked if Nobre would be back in the UFC, the blunt White was blunt, saying only "I doubt it."

In an interview with Sherdog, Nobre denied overreacting.

Q: What do you remember of the fight? Even felt the blows in the neck?

Pedro Nobre: I went to the hospital with a bad headache, and, in my mind, I had suffered a technical knockout. I was very sad for the defeat. When I was in the Octagon, [they] asked me what I felt, and I said I had a huge pain in the head, and I couldn't walk or open my eyes. At no time during the fight did I complained about blows to the neck because I was almost knocked out there and did not know where the blows were coming. And nobody asked me also if I could continue, they just asked what hurt. Then I thought I had lost it. Only at the hospital did they tell me that had been ruled a no contest. It was a bad thing to have taken the victory from Yuri, but when I reviewed the fight, I saw that the blows really came on the neck. It is illegal, so the no contest was fair.

Q: So if Yuri had been more careful he would have won?

PN: Of course, I felt the blows when I turned back. I was almost knocked out already. If he did not land those blows to the neck, he would have achieved a fair victory.

PN: The fans called you "quitter" after the fight, and you have been receiving a lot of criticism on the internet. How do you react to all this?

PN: As for the crowd, I did not understand why they called me quitter because, as I said, in my mind I was leaving to the hospital after losing by TKO. I saw the repercussions on the Internet, and I was sad. Everyone who has been following my career knows me. Everyone knows the character I have, but [some are saying] that I gave up the fight. Gee, brother, I was knocked out. The referee stopped it;the fight was over. I did not ask to stop, and they did not ask if I wanted to continue.

Read entire interview...

However, the UFC has released Nobre, along with Ken Stone (2-2 in UFC), Byron Bloodworth (0-2 in UFC), and Josh Janousek (released without fighting in the organization).

1/24/13 10:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 10:36 AM

1/24/13 10:30 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A terrible sport to even slightly exaggerate an injury.

I think most people know what was going on,
but feel kind of bad calling a guy that word.
1/24/13 10:36 AM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does Dana White think of Renzo's performance vs Frank Shamrock?

http://youtu.be/7DjBbs5km1g?t=1m58s

1/24/13 10:38 AM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't possibly be just from any legal strikes, no not in this sport, so yea I buy it. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:39 AM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic!  LOL

1/24/13 10:43 AM
zazen br
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm disappointed to say this, but I honestly was half expecting some brazilian to pull that kind of shit sooner or later in the UFC.

We've been masters of faking shit in sports for a long time.

Anyways, Pedro still has a lot to learn with Rivaldo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c17aeF7JxAg

The guy who kicked the ball got a red card.
1/24/13 10:50 AM
UGCTT croy_00
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck me. If someone put me in a neck brace, you wouldn't even know. I would not leave the house until it was off haha.
1/24/13 11:12 AM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biRQZVpnCvI

IMO.
1/24/13 12:02 PM
AK-BJJ

Here's the thing about these guys... They are TERRIBLE actors! We see guys knocked unconscious all the time... Like out cold and eating 3 more clean shots and then basically look fine leaving the cage.

But not the fakes... They make it look like they got shot in the head and stumble around all over the arena after the fight.

If you're a coward and want out of the fight, say you can't see... That's all you have to do... but don't insult our intelligence.

If it were me however and I wanted out of a fight, I would tap and admit I was not the better fighter that night... I would not disrespect my opponent or the sport just to make myself feel a little better. Deal with the loss, learn and become better for it. Killing your own career over something like this is insane...
1/24/13 12:20 PM
Smellde Gluve
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/24/13 12:24 PM
LastRowCarl

Did dana ever say anything about kos? That guy faked shit all the time Phone Post
1/24/13 12:29 PM
Willin
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Da blood! Faca Na Caveira!"

-PRebek as Wallid Phone Post
1/24/13 12:29 PM
Haulport

Big Dan is a terrible, terrible referee and he's not getting any better. At least he doesn't stop EVERY fight too soon anymore (I guess that's "better") but all the fags on the UG say he is going to get someone killed now...

1/24/13 12:32 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant know for sure if Nobre was faking or not, camera angles dont always show perfectly. But i find it strange how back in the NHB days guys got pounded regularly in the back of the head and the balls without showing it but now everyone goes down like they have been shot

1/24/13 12:48 PM
B_Goetz

Dana White is less responsible than I gave him credit for, which is saying a lot.
1/24/13 12:54 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

The difference is Renzo really did get hit with multiple illegal strikes.  He might have played it up, or he might not, but there is no disputing that those knees were blatantly illegal.

1/24/13 12:58 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl -  Did dana ever say anything about kos? That guy faked shit all the time Phone Post

Kos did fake shit all the time, but he always continued fighting.  There is a difference between faking stuff for points or to take a breather and faking stuff to get out of the fight altogether.  Dana will overlook poor sportsmanship (Kos), but he won't overlook messing with entertainment value of his product by bringing a fight to an unsatisfactory conclusion (Nobre).

1/24/13 12:59 PM
Steve4192

All that said, I don't think they should cut Nobre.  There is an infinitessimal chance that he is telling the truth and he really was fucked up badly.  If he really was hurt, it sends a TERRIBLE message to cut a guy for quitting when he was hurt badly.

1/24/13 1:00 PM
rosario00

Good I don't want to see that guy in the UFC, I don't want more soccer style performances Phone Post
1/24/13 1:00 PM
LFTM
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
inf0 - 

The difference is Renzo really did get hit with multiple illegal strikes.  He might have played it up, or he might not, but there is no disputing that those knees were blatantly illegal.

Was gonna say this. Phone Post
1/24/13 1:24 PM
Another Foob
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
inf0 - 

Also, Renzo was winning that fight. I doubt Renzo took a DQ win if he didn't at least think those knees were going to change the tide of the fight.
1/24/13 1:34 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen the fight, but Nobre's explanation sounds logical and genuine. I'll have to watch the fight though
1/24/13 1:42 PM
Leghound
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm an advocate for erring on the side of protecting a fighter but nothing in those GIFs above looked illegal to me outside of the elbow - and if Dan was concerned with that one you'd think he'd have stepped in and gave a warning when it happened.
1/24/13 1:45 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 2:28 PM

That was not award winning.That was horrible acting.

What was smart was,that he probably knew the rules,along with wanting out of the fight & "played the game"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.