UnderGround Forums >> Chael: Weidman would destroy Anderson

1/24/13 1:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
orcus - 

"u need someone that can take him down off the bat, mount him and grab his neck or arm"

Unfortunately this probably doesn't describe Weidman.

which part? do you doubt weidman can take him down or do you doubt he is good at submissions?

I doubt the part that Weidman is a guy who is going to take Anderson down off the bat and submit him. So you're saying you think Weidman wins in the first round?

In your opinion, why couldn't Weidman take Sakara down at all in the first round? Why do you think he couldn't submit him in three rounds? Did you know Chris Leben got as many takedowns on Munoz as Weidman did? Why didn't Weidman submit Munoz when he took him down?

Which fight of Weidman's should I watch to be as convinced as you are that he has the ability to beat Anderson? Is he the first guy with good takedowns and some submission knowledge that you've ever seen or something?

i didnt say he wins int he first round..i am saying that is the style to beat him..not someone that grinds anderson and hangs around because anderson is too dangerous for that

in terms of sakara, its just a guess but maybe being the ufc for the first time on 2 weeks notice against a very experienced opponent and being relatively green himself had something to do with it...weve all seen wrestlers grow exponentially in the ufc and in other orgs once they learn how to strike and how to set up their shots etc.

anderson has not faced someone with the level of wrestling and submissions of weidman..hes faced wrestlers who dont have good submissions, or good submission artists that dont have good wrestling...the closest is lutter, who was dominating anderson until he gassed horribly (something weidman wont do) due to his cut...

1/24/13 1:35 PM
mijo

Yeah, Chael really knows how to beat Anderson. His opinon is the last I would take! You guys are ridiculous. Chael proved he cannot beat Anderson, if anything at all.
1/24/13 1:44 PM
orcus

Edited: 01/24/13 1:50 PM

"anderson has not faced someone with the level of wrestling and submissions of weidman..hes faced wrestlers who dont have good submissions, or good submission artists that dont have good wrestling."

What fights should I watch to be as convinced as you are that Weidman has anything like the level of submissions necessary to submit Anderson?  Did you see Sonnen, after training with Vinny, glide through Stann's guard and sub him? Whoa he's going to submit Anderson! P.S. Brian Stann is better than anyone Weidman has ever submitted.

"weve all seen wrestlers grow exponentially in the ufc and in other orgs once they learn how to strike and how to set up their shots etc."

Is the exponential growth demonstrated by having a crappy standup fight with Maia and getting the same amount of takedowns as Leben did on Munoz, and failing to keep him down either time?

P.S. Weidman had four weeks' notice for the Sakara fight, not two. I thought you were some kind of knowledgeable superfan? 

7/7/13 10:13 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

lol@orcus

7/10/13 10:18 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Did I miss the part in the fight with the mount or successful submission?

Did I miss your post, in one of the hundreds of threads you made about Weidman, where you said he had better standup than Anderson or would get the better of the striking? Surely there must be at least one, right?

Weird to see a guy so proud of his predictive abilities when he misjudged every aspect of the fight except who gets their hand raised, which of course is nothing but a guess if you are wrong about every other element of the fight.

7/10/13 10:30 PM
ausgepicht

sitchpack - 

Troll troll troll your boat Sonnen.........

Hey look it's that coward that talked ridiculous amounts of shit about how Weidman was going to get his ass kicked and everyone who thought differently was a stupid fucking twat. You had a 6 month campaign of insults and after Anderson gets destroyed you run off like a coward.

7/10/13 10:31 PM
ausgepicht

orcus - 

"point is based on his experience, chael is more credible than you or the other naysayers or virtually any other single person on the planet...so although chael is not a soosayer and will get things wrong, his words do have weight and of course, they fly in the face of your non-credible statements to the contrary"

Well, here's the thing.

Neither I nor the other "naysayers" expect to be listened to on the basis of our just making a statement...we have to support our positions with reasons. If I say "Weidman couldn't even finish Sakara, therefore him destroying Anderson is highly unlikely", my personal credibility is of course entirely irrelevant to the truth of the supporting statement or the validity/strength of the conclusion.

You seem to be saying that because he's an experienced fighter, Chael's opinion that Weidman would destroy Anderson, without giving a single reason why, is worth anything at all.

And then you add in the fact that all Chael's experience had him proclaiming that Yushin would destroy Anderson as well, and is simply a far better fighter than Anderson; and had his analysis of Anderson as "he absolutely sucks".

What is the weight of the words from a guy who is a proven liar, proven troll, and proven wrong on every occasion?

"yeah, its desperate to say that the opinion of someone that has fought anderson twice holds weight..."

Tell us, of the many, many opinions Chael has given on Anderson and Anderson's matchups with various opponents, which have ever been borne out?

Secondly, of course, you are making the obvious mistake of confusing Chael's opinion with Chael's public troll statements. 

Oh man, Orcus. You really done bad on this one. 

7/11/13 12:19 PM
ausgepicht

7/11/13 2:11 PM
REDRUM_NYC

So wait , was Chael not correct ?

7/11/13 2:17 PM
TuLegit

Reading this thread now makes me lol Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:21 PM
Kinkle

Where are all the idiots hiding now? Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:25 PM
Jack Carter
580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

ando makes amazing fighters look like tards. i assume he would do the same to weidi

Interdasting! Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:40 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
orcus - 

"u need someone that can take him down off the bat, mount him and grab his neck or arm"

Unfortunately this probably doesn't describe Weidman.

which part? do you doubt weidman can take him down or do you doubt he is good at submissions?

"off the bat" is the part that he is likely refuting. The Weidman that fought Munoz gets caught before he gets a chance to get the TD imho. He doesn't have the transitions to get Andy down right away. He will need time to do it, and have to take some punishment to get inside. That's not a good thing against Andy.

Yeah he definitely needed some time....about 30 secs or so! Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:44 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -

Self ownage.  Silva fanatics have gone down in MMA history as saying the most outrageous things.

Lay n Pray trying to talk shit and discredit Chael by bringing up his legal issues is the best part lol Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 3:13 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

ausgepicht - 
orcus - 

"point is based on his experience, chael is more credible than you or the other naysayers or virtually any other single person on the planet...so although chael is not a soosayer and will get things wrong, his words do have weight and of course, they fly in the face of your non-credible statements to the contrary"

Well, here's the thing.

Neither I nor the other "naysayers" expect to be listened to on the basis of our just making a statement...we have to support our positions with reasons. If I say "Weidman couldn't even finish Sakara, therefore him destroying Anderson is highly unlikely", my personal credibility is of course entirely irrelevant to the truth of the supporting statement or the validity/strength of the conclusion.

You seem to be saying that because he's an experienced fighter, Chael's opinion that Weidman would destroy Anderson, without giving a single reason why, is worth anything at all.

And then you add in the fact that all Chael's experience had him proclaiming that Yushin would destroy Anderson as well, and is simply a far better fighter than Anderson; and had his analysis of Anderson as "he absolutely sucks".

What is the weight of the words from a guy who is a proven liar, proven troll, and proven wrong on every occasion?

"yeah, its desperate to say that the opinion of someone that has fought anderson twice holds weight..."

Tell us, of the many, many opinions Chael has given on Anderson and Anderson's matchups with various opponents, which have ever been borne out?

Secondly, of course, you are making the obvious mistake of confusing Chael's opinion with Chael's public troll statements. 

Oh man, Orcus. You really done bad on this one. 

How so? I was completely correct. Chael gave no reasons for his statement, Chael has picked everyone to destroy Anderson (including himself), Chael is a proven troll/liar. No, Chael's statement had no worth.

7/11/13 3:54 PM
Glovegate

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
orcus - 

Goku stooping so low as to use Sonnen as a credible authority now.

youre right...one of the highest ranked athletes in the world that recently fought anderson twice and came minutes away of defeating anderson in a dominating victory is much less credible than...say...YOU

You know how I know you're obsessed?

You're defending the sports biggest troll and liar and making yet another thread on Anderson Silva/Weidman.

Dude is INJURED and has one truly impressive win. One. Get over it already.

I knew this angle would back fire.  They spent so much time bringing Chris down, now Anderson has lost to a guy who, in their eyes, never deserved the fight in the first place.  Now their golden boy has been KO'd by a guy "who has one truly impressive win.  One."

This is what happens when a healthy and deserved level of respect for guys who put their health on the line for us morphs into a 401k level investment of their emotional well-being in the outcome of a damn fist fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.