UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva's camp wants bout with Rockhold

1/24/13 4:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With the knock out loss to Vitor Belfort , Michael Bisping lost the chance to face Anderson Silva and hence embolou the middleweight category (up to 84kg) UFC. Now, they appear as leading candidates are the very Belfort, Chris Weidman , Luke Rockhold and Rashad Evans , who is heavyweight (up to 93kg), but has said he would come down in weight if it were to face the Spider. The business owner's belt, Jorge "Joinha" Guimarães, reviewed the names and showed preference for Rockhold, Strikeforce middleweight champion and you just move to the UFC from other athletes extinct event:

- All of these are accredited, but we'd like a fight against Luke Rockhold is, what is the current Strikeforce champion. He is accredited to fight Anderson. It would be champion against champion. It's a good fight to promote - told SPORTV.COM.

translation by Google...

1/24/13 5:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_nightkap
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it! 2 brilliant strikers going at it always makes for a good one.
War Silva! Phone Post
1/24/13 5:07 PM
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he didn't pull a GSP and ask for Bisping anyway cuz that's more money
1/24/13 5:07 PM
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course.
1/24/13 5:08 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not crazy about this fight.  They could do worse though I guess.

1/24/13 5:09 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in for this fight Phone Post
1/24/13 5:10 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

1/24/13 5:11 PM
Jason
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
I like the champ vs champ fight.

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

He needs more time . Fight with Rockhold makes sense Phone Post
1/24/13 5:12 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Jason -  I like the champ vs champ fight.

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

and how many fights in the ufc has rockhold won?

1/24/13 5:15 PM
awesomestprime
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was gonna say how terrible I thought this fight was, but it seems like the general consensus is it's a fight the public wants.

I look at Silva the way I did RJJ in his prime. I'm not interested in his fights because I know they're not gonna be competitive. The difference was I was younger when RJJ was killing it so I still bought the fights. With Silva I've missed some.

The Silva vs Jones fight is the only one that really excites me. Would be the best/biggest fight in MMA ever. (of all TIMESSS if you will)
1/24/13 5:17 PM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

Same as Melendez

Hahaha - I love the delusion that beating on scrubs in the minor leagues is a greater achievement than 5 consecutive wins in the UFC.

W.T.F. - delusional.

1/24/13 5:18 PM
HULKSMASH

Give him Weidman before he retires. Phone Post
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wish Rockhold had called out Silva right away. Doesn't seem like he has the confidence in himself for Silva. I wonder if he accepts or would rather give himself more time to train
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel tweeted like an hour ago that they're working on Rockhold vs Belfort. I'd rather see Silva vs Weidman and then if Rockhold gets past Belfort then he can fight winner of Silva/Weidman. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:21 PM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope one day the UFC comes out with a public list of rankings. I think there's still under 500 fighters under contract, but maybe giving fighters an ELO rating in a couple of years if the UFC gets even bigger could be a good thing for the sport.

1/24/13 5:22 PM
thegreenroom
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(Anderson vs Rockhold) VS (Belfort vs Weidman)

I like it Phone Post
1/24/13 5:25 PM
Odinson
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:26 PM
ranier wolfcastle
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'd watch

1/24/13 5:27 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it as Silva won't fight Jones why not Phone Post
1/24/13 5:28 PM
MMALOGIC

Anderson vs Rashad is the only fight that makes sense and the only fight that would sell.

1/24/13 5:28 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thegreenroom -  (Anderson vs Weidman) VS (Belfort vs Rockhold)

I like it Phone Post

Agreed

1/24/13 5:29 PM
ALAR88

As long as Anderson is in the cage I will tune in. Against Rockhold? An exciting fight with two great strikers. Sign me up.
1/24/13 5:29 PM
Ip Man 81

Willin -
LilBrockonmychest - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

Same as Melendez

Hahaha - I love the delusion that beating on scrubs in the minor leagues is a greater achievement than 5 consecutive wins in the UFC.

W.T.F. - delusional.

It's the idea of a Champion vs Champion fight, not so much who's had the bigger wins. A clash of two champions, kinda sells itself in a way. Plus Weidman is hurt, out until I think summer, so they can definitely get this fight rolling sooner with Luke. It makes little to no sense to hold out until Weidman heals up. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:32 PM
guardbr8kr

I lose more and more respect for the Spider as each day passes.It makes me sad. :(
1/24/13 5:32 PM
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should not get an immediate title shot. Silva and his camp would love to fight him because it is a good matchup for him. It is the closest thing to a gimme that they can get. Same old story, Silva's camp are cool with favorable matchups that lack merit, but complain about the matches that make the most sense because they may actually stand a chance. I agree with Rockhold that a fight with Belfort would make sense.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.