UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva's camp wants bout with Rockhold

1/24/13 6:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shb
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zzz. how can they promote anderson as being so much better than everybody else and then put him in a fight like this? is he on another level or isn't he? if the ufc were actually about the best fighting the best, anderson would be fighting jones, or at the very least rashad, and even the rashad fight is good, not great. it's not that rockhold couldn't beat anderson... any of these guys "could" beat him, but at what point do you start putting anderson in matchups that are actually difficult on paper? he and jones have two common opponents, and anderson beat them both more impressively than jones did. it's way past time for anderson to be fighting lhw's
1/24/13 6:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamer - 
LilBrockonmychest - 
gamer - 
MrNiceguy66 -  Another highlight reel KO for the Spider! Can't wait! Phone Post

Suprise! Anderson wants another match up which greatly favors him stylistically!

As great as Anderson is, the fact that he hasnt always fought the best will hurt his legacy quite a bit

LOL at this.  Ya, he's been running from all the BJJ guys and wrestlers at MW.

You mean BJJ players like Thalese Lietes? He was a mid tier fighter and had no stand up! Or how about Damian Maia? He is one dimentional and was under sized!

Just LOL!

Never mind that Anderson avoided their ground games!

The supposed pound for pound GOAT shouldnt be fighting guys like that! He should be fighting the best all the time. You know it too!

As an Anderson fan you should only want to see Anderson testing himself against the best!

Also, the only good "wrestlers" Anderson has fought or Sonnen and Hendo.

Like I said, Anderdon has hardly fought the best, and very rarely has he took on tough stylistic match ups

Its important to note, Anderson took the Hendo fight at 185. Hendo is his weakest at that weight. Jake Shields and Yuki Kondo also have wins over a 185 pound Hendo.

Wow. Just wow.

What MW has Anderson not fought in the past that he needed to, or should have to prove he was the best MW?

LMFAO @ trying to discredit Anderson for fighting Hendo at 185. Where was he supposed to fight him. They were both Champions of the 183/5 divisions of the two biggest orgs in MMA.

You keep deflecting, just answer the question.

1/24/13 6:44 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

shb - zzz. how can they promote anderson as being so much better than everybody else and then put him in a fight like this? is he on another level or isn't he? if the ufc were actually about the best fighting the best, anderson would be fighting jones, or at the very least rashad, and even the rashad fight is good, not great. it's not that rockhold couldn't beat anderson... any of these guys "could" beat him, but at what point do you start putting anderson in matchups that are actually difficult on paper? he and jones have two common opponents, and anderson beat them both more impressively than jones did. it's way past time for anderson to be fighting lhw's

You may be struggling with reading comprehension....

The UFC is not putting him in a fight like this. The UFC is trying to make Vitor vs Luke. This was nothing more than Anderson's MGR stating who he PREFERS of all the current contenders.

1/24/13 6:47 PM
mark9
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - I really want to like Anderson since he has a lot of talent but I don't remember another champ ever that tried to pick and choose his opponents as much as Silva the guy is always trying to discredit the legit title contenders to call out guys he matches up favorably with. A champ should fight the #1 contender not try to hand pick his opponents
this Phone Post
1/24/13 6:48 PM
guardbr8kr

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - I lose more and more respect for the Spider as each day passes.It makes me sad. :(

I hope you lose it equally for GSP, and every other champ that has asked for a bigger paying fight against a style more suited to them....

have you even looked at the #1 contenders GSP has fought throughout his career?

GSP has never turned down a fight at WW, eva.

Stop deflecting. I am not talking about the past, I am talking about right now.

To boot, can you name the "#1 contender" that Anderson refused to fight???

Oh that's right you can't because he hasn't.

LOL... Anderson's management team has been selecting his opponents for years noob.

GSP has never turned down a contract to fight, eva, including a Silva fight.
1/24/13 6:49 PM
syobwoc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/24/13 6:53 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - I lose more and more respect for the Spider as each day passes.It makes me sad. :(

I hope you lose it equally for GSP, and every other champ that has asked for a bigger paying fight against a style more suited to them....

LOL... Anderson's management team has been selecting his opponents for years noob.

Oh yeah....hand selecting them....can you source that for me? Can you point to a MW contender in the UFC that Anderson refused to fight?

Anderson has never turned down a contracted fight either. GSP never had the chance to turn down a Silva contract because he refused to allow one to even be written....despite claiming for years that his goal in MMA was to move up and beome the MW champion...

1/24/13 7:04 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Oh yeah....hand selecting them....can you source that for me? Can you point to a MW contender in the UFC that Anderson refused to fight?

Anderson has never turned down a contracted fight either. GSP never had the chance to turn down a Silva contract because he refused to allow one to even be written....despite claiming for years that his goal in MMA was to move up and beome the MW champion...

NP, the source is one of his managers on tape saying that they turned down Weidman. I provided another source from a professional journalist on another fight AS turned down but you refused to accept the data he provided.

There is very limited (solid) logic in Rockhold over Weidman or not taking Lombard if he beat's Okami IMO.

In terms of promotion, tape of Lombard should lead to that fight selling better than any of the three when promoting the fight IMO.

1/24/13 7:05 PM
orcus

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Jason -  I like the champ vs champ fight.

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

He needs more time . Fight with Rockhold makes sense Phone Post

and how many fights in the ufc has rockhold won?

Wait, I thought you showed you weren't addicted by only "controlling" it by making your own threads? And yet here you are accusing Anderson of ducking in yet another thread.

1/24/13 7:06 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson turned down weidman, it's common knowledge. And he's asked for bisping and even a nick Diaz fight in the past when neither fighter was ever the top contender.

And cote was someone silva wanted to fight which was criticized repeatedly considering many feel he was undeserving of a shot. Phone Post
1/24/13 7:06 PM
StrikingMMA
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

C'mon man. Anderson got a title shot after beating Lebin, lol. Weidman's 5 wins aren't enough now?
1/24/13 7:07 PM
chaplinshouse
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh man, CLASSIC Silva/Soares!!! 

1/24/13 7:10 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
guardbr8kr - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

NP, the source is one of his managers on tape saying that they turned down Weidman. I provided another source from a professional journalist on another fight AS turned down but you refused to accept the data he provided.

There is very limited (solid) logic in Rockhold over Weidman or not taking Lombard if he beat's Okami IMO.

In terms of promotion, tape of Lombard should lead to that fight selling better than any of the three when promoting the fight IMO.

Do you understand the difference between TALKING about a POTENTIAL fight with the UFC, and a "contracted fight"???

Weidman was never on paper. The UFC asked if they wanted the fight, they said no he is not a draw and Anderson wants time off. Big difference.

Much the same as GSP asking for Diaz when the UFC propsed Hendricks.

1/24/13 7:12 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

StrikingMMA - 

C'mon man. Anderson got a title shot after beating Lebin, lol. Weidman's 5 wins aren't enough now?

Anderson got the title shot because the UFC let THE FANS VOTE on who fought Franklin next. He was also the champion of another org who had amassed a few Top 10 MW wins before coming to the UFC.

If you were not following MMA close back then you probably shouldn't make comments about it. :)

1/24/13 7:14 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 -  Anderson turned down weidman, it's common knowledge. And he's asked for bisping and even a nick Diaz fight in the past when neither fighter was ever the top contender.

And cote was someone silva wanted to fight which was criticized repeatedly considering many feel he was undeserving of a shot. Phone Post

I was responding to guardbreaker about turning down a "contracted fight" as that is how he defended GSP.

If the UFC wanted Anderson to face Weidman they would have made the fight. Having conversations with the UFC about POTENTIAL match ups is not the same as refusing a "contracted fight".

1/24/13 7:16 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

by the time Weidman is ready to train seriously I think the Rockhold fight will have come and gone

1/24/13 7:20 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - I like the champ vs champ fight.

I agree , weidman needs to fight another contender first Phone Post
1/24/13 10:15 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

LilBrockonmychest -
LilBrockonmychest - 
LilBrockonmychest - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

and how many fights in the ufc has rockhold won?

Same as Melendez

and how long has rockhold been ranked in the top 3 or 5 in the world?

About as long as Nick was before he got his immediate shot for being the SF champ.

Do you idiots complaining not see a pattern with WEC (Aldo/ Cruz)  and SF champs immediately becoming UFC champs (Rousey) or title holders getting immediate title shots?

diaz is ranked 3....and do u idiots not understand that there were no weight divisions in the UFC (and therefore no fighters) for aldo and cruz before the WEC merger?

So you're telling me that Diaz was ranked #3 from beating Paul Daley, Evangelista Santos, and LW KJ Noons?

You are a fuckin tard.  If you don't like that Dana gives immediate title shots to champs of other organizations such as Melendez, Diaz, Alvarez, and now Rockhold, guess you'll just have to cry a bit more.

http://mmavalor.com/2012/06/04/mma-fighter-rankings-for-june-2012/

Are you slow in the head?  Serious question.

We are discussing SF fighters coming over to the UFC and getting immediate title shots, as Nick Diaz did (but then blew it by skipping press conference).  His 3 wins before the title shot were Daley, Santos, and Noons as I so clearly laid out for you.  You then are so fuckin stupid you find the most obscure website (whatever the hell mmavalor is) to try and prove your point completely missing the fact that June of 2012 was after BJ Penn and Condit?  Some sites may rank fighters high because the UFC wants them there or they have big names.  Nick Diaz has never beat a top 10 WW and that's a fact.

Take a break from the internet sonny.  It's not working out for you well today.

Lol. U seem angry. It was the first ranking I found. Go search Sherdog or any other site and in sure nick will be similarly ranked. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:15 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

ChaosOverkill -

by the time Weidman is ready to train seriously I think the Rockhold fight will have come and gone

No. Anderson wants to fight in te summer which I when Chris will be ready. Phone Post
1/24/13 10:21 PM
12SixElbow
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is my exact though on the topic.

1/24/13 10:22 PM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 -  Anderson turned down weidman, it's common knowledge. And he's asked for bisping and even a nick Diaz fight in the past when neither fighter was ever the top contender.

I was responding to guardbreaker about turning down a "contracted fight" as that is how he defended GSP.

If the UFC wanted Anderson to face Weidman they would have made the fight. Having conversations with the UFC about POTENTIAL match ups is not the same as refusing a "contracted fight".

Such crap, take a break. We all found out that the UFC can't make anyone take a fight after 151 out of Dana's mouth. All they can do is strip, sound reasonable? Not to me either.

They offered the fight AS's camp and they declined. End of story.
1/24/13 10:23 PM
cheesesteak
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

another hand picked opponent for Anderson
1/24/13 10:30 PM
12SixElbow
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source that they offered Anderson Silva the fight with Wiedman???

1/24/13 11:39 PM
KingWizard

gamer - 
LilBrockonmychest - 
gamer - 
MrNiceguy66 -  Another highlight reel KO for the Spider! Can't wait! Phone Post

Suprise! Anderson wants another match up which greatly favors him stylistically!

As great as Anderson is, the fact that he hasnt always fought the best will hurt his legacy quite a bit

LOL at this.  Ya, he's been running from all the BJJ guys and wrestlers at MW.

You mean BJJ players like Thalese Lietes? He was a mid tier fighter and had no stand up! Or how about Damian Maia? He is one dimentional and was under sized!

Just LOL!

Never mind that Anderson avoided their ground games!

The supposed pound for pound GOAT shouldnt be fighting guys like that! He should be fighting the best all the time. You know it too!

As an Anderson fan you should only want to see Anderson testing himself against the best!

Also, the only good "wrestlers" Anderson has fought or Sonnen and Hendo.

Like I said, Anderdon has hardly fought the best, and very rarely has he took on tough stylistic match ups

Its important to note, Anderson took the Hendo fight at 185. Hendo is his weakest at that weight. Jake Shields and Yuki Kondo also have wins over a 185 pound Hendo.

What great fighters at 185 has Anderson been ducking all these years? I still never understand this argument.
1/25/13 12:34 AM
jmont

Jason - I like the champ vs champ fight.

This Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.