UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva's camp wants bout with Rockhold

1/25/13 9:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gooner H Smith -  He was never offered Weidman. Stop acting like he was. It makes you look really stupid. Phone Post

You said this to another poster but here is AS's manger saying that they turned down the fight with Weidman. Very old hat really. this was only a few posts above yours.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2038415&page=1
1/25/13 9:50 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Gooner H Smith -  He was never offered Weidman. Stop acting like he was. It makes you look really stupid. Phone Post

To the haters, any discussion about possible match ups for Anderson = a contracted fight. If Anderson doesn't say yes to EVERY discussion about possible opponents he is a coward/ducking/scared/pussy to them...

Except it wasn't a discussion. His own management verified the UFC proposed the matchup for them sometime late last year. They said no and the UFC was ok with that. What's so difficult to accept about that? Phone Post

The quote went something like ' The UFC asked if we would be interested in a fight with Weidman'...

That sounds like a conversation, not 'The UFC wanted us to fight Weidman next but we refused'. 

Same way I would bet that GSP wanting Diaz instead of Hendricks went. UFC opens a discussion up, the Champ or his mgrs have a conversation with the UFC about what they want. GSP wants a bigger payday than Hendricks, as does Anderson. 

Just listen to Ed in the most recent interview. Of course he is LYING in that one, but telling the truth in the others to you, right? They PREFER someone other than Weidman, but whoever the UFC tells them to fight, they will fight. Dana White has said this over and over about Anderson being willing to do whatever the UFC asks of him. Only to you, as a hater, he and his team and Dana are all lying when it suits your cause, and Dana and Ed are telling the truth when it suits your cause. 

lol. dude. stop. its getting scary at this point.  anderson is one of the few guys that has leverage in the ufc. the ufc isnt going to just write up an offer, put it out in public and put AS in the embarrassing position of turning it down. its a mutually decided thing and AS decided he doesnt want to face weidman.

1/25/13 10:01 AM
Lazer MMA

Also Gooner listen to this:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2122154&page=1

He says say Weidman is a no gain situation (fighting him) but fight Rockhold (with 20K less followers on twitter and no wins VS #3 or #6) is better. Even if true it can't be much, not good enough not to fight the true #1. Also he says AS has said JBJ is not deserving with only 3 (rally it's 4) defenses.

I will say it's bogus that JBJ and GSP are not fighting the true #'s too though.
1/25/13 10:03 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^^ Yes, like I said, they have discussions about the fights that make the most sense for Anderson. Much like they did with GSP and likely many of the other champs in the past and future. THEY ARE ALL DUCKERS!!!!!!!

Anderson's team has said over and over that they WOULD fight Weidman after he becomes more popular and proves himself. All you idiots crying like little girls and making thread after thread (you obsessed freak) never look at the fact that THE best win Weidman has had only had 211K viewers. That's pitiful.

1/25/13 10:12 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anderson can fight whoever the fuck he wants, and all of you will watch it because he is a fucking ninja wizard.  

now shut up!  

1/25/13 10:16 AM
Woodford Mike
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I stand by my opinion that there are no real challenges left for Anderson at 185. With all due respect to Rockhold (I'm a fan), I'm just not excited for this fight.

PLEASE cut to the chase already and move Silva up to 205. Phone Post
1/25/13 10:25 AM
orcus

"lol. dude. stop. its getting scary at this point.  anderson is one of the few guys that has leverage in the ufc. the ufc isnt going to just write up an offer, put it out in public and put AS in the embarrassing position of turning it down. its a mutually decided thing and AS decided he doesnt want to face weidman."

Isn't that exactly what he supposedly did with Chael? Isn't it what you say he has done with everyone?

1/25/13 10:26 AM
orcus

Can someone point me to a statement from Dana saying he wants Anderson to fight Weidman next?

1/25/13 10:33 AM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^^ Yes, like I said, they have discussions about the fights that make the most sense for Anderson. Much like they did with GSP and likely many of the other champs in the past and future. THEY ARE ALL DUCKERS!!!!!!!

Anderson's team has said over and over that they WOULD fight Weidman after he becomes more popular and proves himself. All you idiots crying like little girls and making thread after thread (you obsessed freak) never look at the fact that THE best win Weidman has had only had 211K viewers. That's pitiful.

You are clearly the "obsessed freak", and the only thread I made on the topic was 'stop Weidman crying Re: UFC 153' (he had surgery and could not fight then). BTW this led to huge fights with Weidman fans.

The 211k viewers were on Fuel. UFC on FOX 2 had a few more.

Rockhold has 20K more followers on twitter than Rockhold

There are no more straws to grasp at. There is no logic at IMO in Rockhold over Weidman PERIOD. There was logic in waiting to see what happened with Lombard though, he looks the part and his brutal KO's could have been promoted going into the fight.

1/25/13 10:33 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus - 

Can someone point me to a statement from Dana saying he wants Anderson to fight Weidman next?

1/25/13 10:36 AM
Lazer MMA

orcus - 

Before or after AS's camp turned down the fight?
1/25/13 10:37 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

You are clearly the "obsessed freak", and the only thread I made on the topic was 'stop Weidman crying Re: UFC 153' (he had surgery and could not fight then). BTW this led to huge fights with Weidman fans.

There are no more straws to grasp at. There is no logic at IMO in Rockhold over Weidman PERIOD. There was logic in waiting to see what happened with Lombard though, he looks the part and his brutal KO's could have been promoted going into the fight.

Goku is the obsessed freak who makes the 23897561237862395 threads on Anderson ducking.

You are just annoying and cannot grasp the difference between a StrikeForce CHAMPION who had 420K viewers for his last Main Event, and an up and comer with 9 fights who had 211K viewers in his last Main Event. Trying to cite twitter as opposed to actual viewership is ridiculous.

Rockhold would be the more marketable fight, and is more known than Weidman. That is just reality. It doesn't seem like Rockhold is getting the shot anyway, so this arguing over himv chris is an excercise in futility.

1/25/13 10:38 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
orcus - 

Before or after AS's camp turned down the fight?

Either. Dana needs to be saying that is the fight the UFC wants though. Clearly.

Ready set GO!

1/25/13 10:38 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't think anyone can deny that goku is an obsessed freak.  the weird thing is, i can't tell if he's obsessed with trolling or just hates alot of fighters because he is all over the place with his hate.  

1/25/13 10:40 AM

orcus - 

"lol. dude. stop. its getting scary at this point.  anderson is one of the few guys that has leverage in the ufc. the ufc isnt going to just write up an offer, put it out in public and put AS in the embarrassing position of turning it down. its a mutually decided thing and AS decided he doesnt want to face weidman."

Isn't that exactly what he supposedly did with Chael? Isn't it what you say he has done with everyone?

i dont know..u tell me...according to anderson fanbois he willingly and happily obliges the ufc with whoever they put in front of him right?

1/25/13 10:40 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

suess - 

i don't think anyone can deny that goku is an obsessed freak.  the weird thing is, i can't tell if he's obsessed with trolling or just hates alot of fighters because he is all over the place with his hate.  

I think it is likely a combination of both. Probably doesn't get enough attention from the ladies or his parents or something...

1/25/13 10:41 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 01/25/13 10:44 AM

Ahh it's not much more that want Rockhold at best LnP. Why do you ignore that Weidman has 20K more followers on twitter than Rockhold? It's got to be close to a draw no? You think very casual UFC fans even know Rockhold?

About the offer, dude if they offered it to AS they did say (the UFC) in that offer they wanted the fight. This can not be a serious comment.
1/25/13 10:41 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
orcus - 

i dont know..u tell me...according to anderson fanbois he willingly and happily obliges the ufc with whoever they put in front of him right?

No, according to us he does not feel that a few of his opponents deserved the fight (just like Weidman), but he fought and beat every single one of them anyway. ;)

1/25/13 10:43 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA - 
Ahh it's not much at best. Why do you ignore that Weidman has 20K more followers on twitter than Rockhold? It's got to be close to a draw no? You think casual UFC fans even know Rockhold?

420K vs 211K

That's a bigger gap than 20K followers on twitter. By far.

Any casual fan who knows Weidman liely knows Rockhold, and certainly knows what "StrikeForce Champion" means as well.

1/25/13 10:44 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Goku is the obsessed freak who makes the 23897561237862395 threads on Anderson ducking.

You are just annoying and cannot grasp the difference between a StrikeForce CHAMPION who had 420K viewers for his last Main Event, and an up and comer with 9 fights who had 211K viewers in his last Main Event. Trying to cite twitter as opposed to actual viewership is ridiculous.

Rockhold would be the more marketable fight, and is more known than Weidman. That is just reality. It doesn't seem like Rockhold is getting the shot anyway, so this arguing over himv chris is an excercise in futility.

give me a break...are you really this delusional...any difference between rockhold and weidman in terms of marketability and draw is TOTALLY negligible in terms of both PPV buys and gate...trying to argue different is a fucking joke...rockhold is not well known and is not going to push this PPV into the millions or even make a blip compared to anderson fighting virtually anyone else

you are fucking grasping for straws trying to compare a mediocre showing on showtime (that had fewer viewers than ronda, tate, masvidal etc) to a fight on fuel...

1/25/13 10:46 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 01/25/13 10:48 AM

My last and final post was was re edited above. Have fun
1/25/13 10:47 AM
iamarealamerican
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

worst career decision for rockhold

wait for silva to get old and retire before challenging for the tile

good luck, hopefully he doesnt get matrix'd
1/25/13 10:58 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like water...

No to Weidman due to ppv money?

But yes to Rockhold who hasn't fought in the UFC?

Does that make sense?

I'd rather watch AS fight Tim Kennedy.

Quack quack

1/25/13 11:03 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^^^

Rockhold had 420K viewers average on his last fight. Weidman had 211K.

Makes sense to me.

1/25/13 11:06 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showtime - 55 bucks per year

PPV - 55 bucks per event

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.