dermotfix - 

Showtime - 55 bucks per year

PPV - 55 bucks per event

SWING and a MISS

Weidman's fight was not a PPV.

1/25/13 11:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok

I was wrong about that.

I don't think Weidman or Rockhold are selling many PPVs at the moment.

But Rockhold is a much better match-up for AS.

And that's the real issue here.

1/25/13 11:33 AM
caseharts
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson -
LilBrockonmychest - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Jason -  I like the champ vs champ fight.

I can't stand weidmans sense of entitlement. He has won 5 fights in the UFC and only two were even impressive.

He needs more time . Fight with Rockhold makes sense Phone Post

and how many fights in the ufc has rockhold won?

Same as Melendez

Yes, but Melendez has been a consensus 1-3 ranked lightweight for years now
Not in my book Phone Post
1/25/13 11:34 AM
awesomestprime
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UG is a constant stream of emotional fans who refuse to accept that MMA is a business.... big business.
1/25/13 11:35 AM
Anderson Ducking Weidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and your book is the only one that matters

1/25/13 11:36 AM
Gooner H Smith

I'm fully aware of those conversations, Lazer. There is a massive difference between a conversation about potential contenders 2 weeks after a title defense and the UFC offering him a fight. Dana has thrown massive fits about fighter actually turning down fights they wanted to make at that point in time. No such thing happened here (and before you say Anderson is his golden boy, he threw that fit about Jones) they mentioned Weidman as a potential fight and they said it didnt make sense when compared to potential fights being made with Rashad, GSP and Jones. You cant honestly tell me you would rather see Weidman over any of those fights, or that he deserves it more.  Nevermind the fact that at the time of those interviews Anderson had widely stated he was shutting it down for the rest of the year. No, thats not Anderson ducking Weidman. Thats Anderson wanting to fight top competition, what all your crying has been about. I don't deny that Weidman should get a shot in the near future, but saying Anderson is ducking him is fucking retarded. He is HURT. A fight with Rockhold in the meantime is one of very few options there are.You all, as Weidman fans, should want him to be completely healthy and not have the ring rust of a year layoff going into the biggest fight of his career and maybe his only shot at Anderson. 

1/25/13 11:58 AM
Lazer MMA

Gooner I always argued against AS ducking in favor of wanting $$$, which I felt the man had a right to! Moreover, I'm NO fan of weidman and have made a thread saying Weidman fans should stop crying too!

However I just don't see there enough more $$$ in Rockhold Vs Weidman. Weidman has 20K more followers and fought better. It is what it is (i was suckered again, lol).

If you listen to the first tape as I said AS's manager admits he turned down Weidman, there is nothing to talk about (at the time with AS wanting big $$$ fights I supported the decision).

1/25/13 12:10 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

Chris Weidman

Chris Weidman

@ChrisWeidmanUFC

UFC Fighter from Long Island NY, Father, Husband, Christian, Gamer, . http://www.facebook.com/chrisweidmanufc

NY · http://www.chrisweidman.com

1/25/13 12:11 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

Luke Rockhold

Luke Rockhold

@LukeRockhold

Strikeforce Middleweight Champion

Santa Cruz, California · https://www.facebook.com/rockholdmma

1/25/13 12:11 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=weidman,%20rockhold

1/25/13 1:12 PM
Gooner H Smith

Lazer, didnt mean to make it seem as though I was addressing you with all those topics. I did listen to the first interview and yes he does say "We turned him down" but I just see that differently than you given the context of when those conversations were happening. Its just a difference in what I think "offering" a fight is compared to you. I agree with you on the money factor, that Rockhold isnt a bigger draw, but there arent many fights that make sense for Anderson in any capacity. Bottom line is, Weidman wont be ready, and Rockhold will. I'd rather see Anderson fight more than have him wait around for Weidman because the internet thinks its a bad matchup for him. 

At the end of the day, he is the GOAT, and has earned the right to decide who gets a shot at his belt within reason. The UFC said you're fighting Chael, a miserable matchup for him, when he lost some of his leverage after the Maia/Leites fights. He's now earned that back with several brilliant performances in a row. 

1/25/13 4:43 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... but those who say Fedor is the GOAT get ripped apart because he hasn't fought anyone noteworthy lately.

Once you start choosing softer opponents, I agree... you're not the GOAT anymore.

And avoiding Weidman is a sign AS is starting to do this.

IIRC Chael was giddy after watching Weidman last time out, he knows what he'd do to AS

1/25/13 4:47 PM
JerodR
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You only have one shot at a champion vs. champion fight. I always believe the UFC should do this when a champion from another organization has joined the UFC. Get it out of the way. Everyone always wonders "What if?". Lets actually find out since they are under the same banner.
1/25/13 5:16 PM
Jons Forsberg

Gooner H Smith -  He was never offered Weidman. Stop acting like he was. It makes you look really stupid. Phone Post

1/25/13 5:40 PM
Jons Forsberg

"He then goes on to say Rashad is an interesting fight and they will wait on the UFC to decide who it is, basically saying they'll fight whoever."

except Jon Jones whom he says is "out of the question" and Weidman that he admitted turning down.
1/25/13 6:04 PM
Jons Forsberg

he specifically mentions Weidman's record (9-0) as a reason why they turned down the fight. Now they're actively pursuing a fight against a guy who's 10-1 and zero UFC fights.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.