UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: "I got cheated out of pay-per-view money"

1/24/13 5:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Don_Dada
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/rampage-says-ufc-bridge-burned-looking-forward-to-next-career-chapter

"I can go with my savings and go back to Memphis and have a regular life with family and kids and stuff," he said. "Let people that take advantage of me, tell me my pay-per-view numbers did this number, but then tell the press that the pay-per-view numbers did higher. I'd rather make less money than feel like I went out there and put my life on the line and feel like I got cheated out of pay-per-view numbers."

I thought this was interesting. As it either means Rampage really did get cheated out of PPV, which i doubt, or that the UFC are inflating the numbers that they release to the media.

Or of course Rampage could be talking out his ass, but i highly doubt he would be throwing around those kind of accusations without something to base it on.
1/24/13 5:08 PM
12SixElbow
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OF COURSE they inflate the numbers, was this ever in question?

1/24/13 5:14 PM
HighFreq
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think the UFC ever released PPV numbers. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:18 PM
norcal3737
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HighFreq -  I don't think the UFC ever released PPV numbers. Phone Post

I'd assume they have to.

If the fighter(s) get PPV points, they can equate how many PPVs there are based on their PPV earning.

He very well could had gotten x amout of $ based on ppv #s, then Dana proclaimed different PPV #s to the media.
1/24/13 5:21 PM
HighFreq
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I meant is that the UFC has never released PPV numbers to the media. The numbers most media outlets run with are usually from Dave Meltzer. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:22 PM
3 Sided Square
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

norcal3737 -
HighFreq -  I don't think the UFC ever released PPV numbers. Phone Post

I'd assume they have to.

If the fighter(s) get PPV points, they can equate how many PPVs there are based on their PPV earning.

He very well could had gotten x amout of $ based on ppv #s, then Dana proclaimed different PPV #s to the media.
He is saying the UFC never officially releases to the public/media their numbers. They might hint at something or let a report float but they never sign off on those numbers. Lorenzo said in the ESPN interview that every fighter with a ppv cut has an audit clause where they can come in and check the official numbers. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:26 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he'd have spent some time in pison without ufc lawyers...

1/24/13 5:29 PM
tonytr

He is talking out of his ass. Dana and co. never release ppv numbers to the media.
1/24/13 5:30 PM
Brian J DSouza

If this is the case, he needs to talk to a lawyer, the Feds or other authorities and build a lawsuit or criminal case instead of telling the media.

1/24/13 5:33 PM
3 Sided Square
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC PPV numbers are like a girl starting a rumor about what you're packing.

If she overestimates you aren't going to come out and correct her.

If she underestimates you come out and say she's never seen (the numbers) it and just guessing but way off.

You still never have to give a specific answer. Phone Post
1/24/13 5:33 PM
RickStorm
1902 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Make you wonder if he was acually cheated out of money by his past trainer or manager. I forget his name but I remember Rampage said the same thing a few years back when he left..... crap I forget his name.... Juanito maybe?

1/24/13 5:36 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HighFreq - I don't think the UFC ever released PPV numbers. Phone Post
This. Usually just estimates from people Phone Post
1/24/13 5:36 PM
Richard Tuck
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

Make you wonder if he was acually cheated out of money by his past trainer or manager. I forget his name but I remember Rampage said the same thing a few years back when he left..... crap I forget his name.... Juanito maybe?

Juanito Ibarra

and Rampage is an idiot for saying this in the media, if he really believes it, get a lawyer
1/24/13 5:38 PM
TheVileOne
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

Juanito Ibarra
1/24/13 5:39 PM
Billyz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is really spiraling out of control again huh?
Sad as this does not bode well for his fight with Glover who is focused on taking him out
1/24/13 5:41 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I can't stand Rampage, I am not a huge Glover fan, but I hope he puts Rampage out cold.
1/24/13 5:47 PM
12SixElbow
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

I don't think he was stealing, he was just charging more than Rampage thought he should have to pay his trainer, and look what happened after Page left him? He went to shit.

http://fightlinker.com/is-juanito-a-scammer-or-just-expensive/

There is the link to how it got started, Ibarra was charging Page 65K a training camp, Page was making fucking millions and thought he was getting ripped off for charging 65K, so he called him a thief and parted ways. Tito went on about how he only charged 35K for fight camps.

WITH Ibarra, Page was on a 6 fight win streak and became UFC LHW Champion. (Although he lost to Griffin in a controversial decision under Ibarra)

Without him, he has gone 4 - 3 and hasn't looked good at all in most peoples opinions.

1/24/13 5:48 PM
RickStorm
1902 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Richard & VileOne

1/24/13 5:48 PM
Caleb R
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is ridiculous Phone Post
1/24/13 5:49 PM
RickStorm

12SixElbow - 
RickStorm - 

I don't think he was stealing, he was just charging more than Rampage thought he should have to pay his trainer, and look what happened after Page left him? He went to shit.

http://fightlinker.com/is-juanito-a-scammer-or-just-expensive/

There is the link to how it got started, Ibarra was charging Page 65K a training camp, Page was making fucking millions and thought he was getting ripped off for charging 65K, so he called him a thief and parted ways. Tito went on about how he only charged 35K for fight camps.

WITH Ibarra, Page was on a 6 fight win streak and became UFC LHW Champion. (Although he lost to Griffin in a controversial decision under Ibarra)

Without him, he has gone 4 - 3 and hasn't looked good at all in most peoples opinions.

yeah.. I remember it going all sour and it having to do with money

Thanks Bro

1/24/13 5:53 PM
12SixElbow

3 Sided Square -  UFC PPV numbers are like a girl starting a rumor about what you're packing.

If she overestimates you aren't going to come out and correct her.

If she underestimates you come out and say she's never seen (the numbers) it and just guessing but way off.

You still never have to give a specific answer. Phone Post

/thread

1/24/13 5:53 PM
TheVileOne
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well its an interesting point. Were Rampage's previous management ripping him off or are UFC giving him the runaround on the PPV numbers?
1/24/13 6:00 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Do you have any evidence or sources to back up this statement? Not trying to be a dick, but I'd like to see for myself if this is actually true or if Page is talking out his ass again.

1/24/13 6:05 PM
12SixElbow

Bat21 - 
12SixElbow - 

Do you have any evidence or sources to back up this statement? Not trying to be a dick, but I'd like to see for myself if this is actually true or if Page is talking out his ass again.

If you feel you need proof you're a fucking idiot. How many lies can you find in 15 minutes directly from Dana White's mouth? He is a fucking fight promoter, and god bless him.  They have no obligation to tell you or me how many PPV sales something did, so if he says something did over 1 million, it might have really done 850K. Who knows, but as a promoter he would be stupid NOT to be exaggeratiing, and since he promotes and exaggerates EVERYTHING else, you are safe to assume he(they) exaggerate that as well.

1/24/13 6:07 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No fighter should pay a manager more than 10%

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.