UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana says "Rampage made 15.2 million from 07-12

1/24/13 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

during the media scrum today, Dana said Rampage made 15.2 million from 2007 to 2012 in the UFC.  (this doesnt count sponsorships)

I guess he's confused as to why Rampage is bad mouthing zuffa so much and insinuating that he's been cheated.

1/24/13 5:24 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That isnt even skateboarder money
1/24/13 5:24 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOLLY. hes in no position to bitch about ufc pay.

wonder what tony hawk made

1/24/13 5:25 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^its not fucking bad for fighting 1-3 times a year though is it?? Phone Post
1/24/13 5:25 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 5:25 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

LiquoredupRob, Ninja please.

Plus all the sponsor money, etc.

1/24/13 5:26 PM
Brigham
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.... How is Rampage bitching if this is true? Dude is sort of a head case, no? Phone Post
1/24/13 5:26 PM
dentalninja
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to actually be a fan of Rampage.
1/24/13 5:30 PM
exSWAT

Tony Hawk is the "Jordan, or Tiger" of his sport. Rampage is one of the greats and deserves Hall of Fame, but he is not Anderson, George, Jones, Royce, or even top 20 IMO.. So, 15.2 mil in just salary for 5 or 6 yrs is very fair, especially when considering how many game days compared to other sports..
sockeye
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's really hurting for cash, sigh*

timessquare
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 5:30 PM

That's for 11 fights in that time period. $1.38m per fight average.

1/24/13 5:33 PM
XcessiveZ

Where are the posters who think rampage had a right to complain about money? Phone Post
1/24/13 5:33 PM
Brian J DSouza

timessquare - 

That's for 11 fights in that time period. $1.38m per fight average.

The only way to tell whether this is good or bad is to know the total PPV revenue, sponsorships (for Zuffa, not the fighters), merchandise, other TV broadcasting deals, and the royalties on the original PPV being re-aired, etc.

But in the end, a million and 380,000 sounds like a lot, right?

1/24/13 5:34 PM
MMALOGIC

and he only successfully defended his belt once...  imagine if he were champ most of that time.

to compare...

Bellator's highest paid fighter (eddie alvarez) was paid 860k in roughly the same time span.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Millionaire problems Phone Post
Vote me down

Edited: 01/24/13 5:34 PM

!

1/24/13 5:36 PM
guardbr8kr

Dana made around $500,000,000 from 07-12 and has never been a top ten contender in the UFC....hmmmmmmmmmm...
1/24/13 5:36 PM
ABE FROMAN

What's most sady about this whole thing is that it's going to take barely a year before Rampage realizes he fucked up.

It seems like Dana has tried to make it right with Page time and time again, he just isn't having it.

1/24/13 5:37 PM
Billyz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In comparison to other fighter comparable to him how is he doing? Is say Hendo making a shit ton more?
Doesn't seem bad considering how much he probably pulled from sponsors.

Now how much he has "left" is another story.

Its a performance based industry, you start to lose you wont get the same amount of money. Simple as that.
1/24/13 5:39 PM
MMALOGIC

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - I thought Dana never discusses details of fighter pay?

He's been very clear about his principled stance on that issue.

Is there an exception for when he's trying to make a fighter look bad on the way out?

i guess it's warranted when said fighter is talking shit about your company... you'd think after paying a guy 15.2 million he'd be more apperciative.

yes... i know rampage also prvided his services and without the fighters the ufc is nothing... yada... yada... yada...

wherelse was rampage gonna earn 15 million dollars in that time frame?  nowhere.

Zuffa provides a platform where an mma athlete can earn 15 million dollars or more... Rampage has nothing to bitch about.  

1/24/13 5:40 PM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be a REAL BIG fan of Rampage all the way back from pride...Now, I can't wait to see him get knocked the fuck out by Glover..I hope he ends up in the hospital for a long time.
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what some of the champs make...Silva and GSP. I'm sure Rampage would be chump change to what they're getting.
Ip Man 81

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - I thought Dana never discusses details of fighter pay?

He's been very clear about his principled stance on that issue.

Is there an exception for when he's trying to make a fighter look bad on the way out?
I would guess if Rampage is going to bitch and whine about Dana and the UFC and how he's been cheated by them then he's gunna have a response coming from them, makes sense. Why would Dana not comment on this? He really should publicly humiliate Rampage when this is all said and done, because that seems to be what Rampage is shooting for. What Rampage is doing is bad for the UFC Phone Post
1/24/13 5:44 PM
B_Goetz

I suspect the issue he has with Zuffa is that while some fighters get favourable match ups, lately he has been given fights against up-and-comers that he's unlikely to win, and it's pretty clear they're preparing to dump him. They're deliberately giving him losses to put over their new stars, which diminishes his marketability. It's not unfair, but it's not a positive business relationship, either. If they wanted to work with him, they'd give him someone like Franklin, a Forrest rematch, or some other faded star with a big name.

A figure they don't mention is an estimate of how much revenue he's generated in the past seven years. You can bet it's more than $15.2M.
1/24/13 5:47 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage has been going on and on and on about how the UFC is "disrespecting" him and that he wants out etc.

He's earned 15.2 million USD since 2007? well, I am happy for him, he's a big draw, and obviously is worth that for the UFC, but I cannot for the life of me understand what more he wants?

Does Rampage think the sport of MMA is dependent on any one fighter? Even if Anderson Silva retires, the sport continues virtually as though nothing happened. Fedor retires, and it's still going on.

Rampage needs to seriously reassess his delusions of grandeur.

His fortune, fancy cars, legions of fans, wife and kids should help him through this rough time ;)
1/24/13 5:48 PM
TheVileOne
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - I suspect the issue he has with Zuffa is that while some fighters get favourable match ups, lately he has been given fights against up-and-comers that he's unlikely to win, and it's pretty clear they're preparing to dump him. They're deliberately giving him losses to put over their new stars, which diminishes his marketability. It's not unfair, but it's not a positive business relationship, either. If they wanted to work with him, they'd give him someone like Franklin, a Forrest rematch, or some other faded star with a big name.

A figure they don't mention is an estimate of how much revenue he's generated in the past seven years. You can bet it's more than $15.2M.

Like who exactly? Lyoto Machida? Matt Hamill? Ryan Bader? Not exactly a list of young up and comers.

They gave him a title shot against the CHAMPION Jon Jones. That was a UFC title fight.

They did book him in fights with the likes of Shogun and Thiago Silva, but those fights fell apart due to injury.

B_Goetz, is UFC supposed to give him some tomato cans he can crush easily and take them apart no problem? They are giving him fights against the top guys in his weight class for the most part. Lyoto Machida was a former UFC champion. Jon Jones was the UFC champion. Ryan Bader had a winning UFC record in his weight class.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.