UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Promoting in florida

1/24/13 7:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NastyChase
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me the good and bad experiences of promoting in FloridaFlorida

1/25/13 10:01 PM
Da_man
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ammy or pro? Phone Post
1/26/13 12:43 AM
NastyChase
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either just wondering Phone Post
1/27/13 11:14 AM
Da_man
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why I asked I can only tell you about Ammy because I'm not a pro yet.

Basically Ammy mma in Florida is rise of a warrior that's it. All the other promotions suck, really I went to fight at American battle championships( witch is the worst IMO). And they tell us to be there at 5 and fights start at 7. Well I get there and the cage isn't built all the fighters are waiting outside because the promoter isn't there.

And I didn't fight till 1:30 in the morning and the worst part about it is its on Monday night so I had to wake up early the next day.

I'm never fighting there again.

If you have any more specific questions ill try to help if needed. Phone Post
1/27/13 7:34 PM
Mathamuticus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Da_man couldn't be more right. Rise of a Warrior is first class. Awesome event. ABC is a train wreck. Phone Post
1/30/13 1:10 AM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Da_man - I don't know why I asked I can only tell you about Ammy because I'm not a pro yet.

Basically Ammy mma in Florida is rise of a warrior that's it. All the other promotions suck, really I went to fight at American battle championships( witch is the worst IMO). And they tell us to be there at 5 and fights start at 7. Well I get there and the cage isn't built all the fighters are waiting outside because the promoter isn't there.

And I didn't fight till 1:30 in the morning and the worst part about it is its on Monday night so I had to wake up early the next day.

I'm never fighting there again.

If you have any more specific questions ill try to help if needed. Phone Post
Breakthrough MMA puts on a good show. So does Combat Night.

Tom Sauer runs World Cage Warriors in Ocala. It's the best run show I've been to.

I'll probably be checking out ROAW this weekend. Phone Post
1/31/13 8:01 AM
phdinmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've promoted nogi grappling tourneys for 4 years there. I started without any connections or money and my scoring system wasn't IBJJF which stops a lot of Brazilians from competing. I have never lost money on a tourney and now have the support of one of the most well know gyms in the state/country and while I myself moved out of the country for a while my brother has a deal to run our tourneys on weekend mma cruises to the carribean. Phone Post
1/31/13 1:08 PM
Da_man

Is your tournament called fxg. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:08 PM
phdinmma

Da_man - Is your tournament called fxg. Phone Post
It just might be. Phone Post
2/4/13 8:13 AM
NastyChase

Mma / grapplong cruises....you might be on to something Phone Post
2/4/13 10:27 PM
phdinmma

NastyChase - Mma / grapplong cruises....you might be on to something Phone Post
I think naga has done one before. It's reasonable. I think it $200 for the weekend, which includes 2 nights at sea, stop at a carribbean island, seminars and a nogi tourney.

Don't quote me on any of that. I'll have my brother come on here and post all the details. Phone Post
2/10/13 11:40 AM
phdinmma

Da_man - Is your tournament called fxg. Phone Post
Have you competed at FXG? Phone Post
2/10/13 2:39 PM
Da_man

Yea it was cool and cheap, the best part was I lost my first match but still had an opportunity to compete and get time on the mat. Phone Post
2/10/13 4:46 PM
phdinmma

Da_man - Yea it was cool and cheap, the best part was I lost my first match but still had an opportunity to compete and get time on the mat. Phone Post
Glad you enjoyed it! After I come home this summer we're going to make a push to run tourneys once a month. Phone Post
2/10/13 5:17 PM
Da_man

It seems like you guys stopped promoting the tourneys I haven't heard about one in at least 3 months? But either way I'm a fan of FXG. Phone Post
2/10/13 6:17 PM
phdinmma

Da_man - It seems like you guys stopped promoting the tourneys I haven't heard about one in at least 3 months? But either way I'm a fan of FXG. Phone Post
Bryan is finishing school and I'm living overseas right now. We'll pick it up in the second half if the year...

Where do you train? Phone Post
2/16/13 5:45 PM
Da_man

phdinmma -
Da_man - It seems like you guys stopped promoting the tourneys I haven't heard about one in at least 3 months? But either way I'm a fan of FXG. Phone Post
Bryan is finishing school and I'm living overseas right now. We'll pick it up in the second half if the year...

ATT main. Greatest gym on earth Phone Post
2/16/13 10:44 PM
phdinmma

Da_man -
phdinmma -

ATT main. Greatest gym on earth Phone Post
Phenomenal! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.