UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Successful Fighters With No "Huggers"

1/24/13 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
unfilter
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thinking about certain dudes, with certain qualities and other dudes who lack those certain qualities; qualities that set a fighter apart and keep his metaphorical nuts warm with tightly clinging fans. 

Some fighters have clusters of fans that hang like plump ripe grapes on the testicular vine, so to speak, whereas other equally successful (or even moreso) fighters nuts seem lonely and bleak.

Do fighters with more huggers = more haters as well?  I'm curious...

Are there any fighters out there you respect to the hilt but just can't root for, for some unfathomable reason that's known only to your turbid and inscrutable subconscious?

1/24/13 7:35 PM
SnapLocally
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see anyone swinging from Volkmann's scrotum.
1/24/13 7:36 PM
youarewhatiswrong
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/13 7:36 PM
Nevermind, misread question
1/24/13 7:36 PM
Vidz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I struggle to root for Diaz on a forum due to the obnoxiousness of his nut huggers.

I respect the hell out of Dominick Cruz but I've noticed that I pick everyone over him, despite knowing theres a greater chance that he'd win.

Also Rashad Evans, fantastic fighter, but just has never really done anything in my eyes to make me think "Time to swing from his balls."
1/24/13 7:39 PM
unfilter
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDOHARM -  The Diaz brothers. I fully respect the training regimen and ability that both possess, but I pee a little when they get punched. Phone Post

yeah it was the diaz bros i was kinda thinking of when i made this thread~

dudes either love 'em or want to put flaming dogshit on their porch

now think of a dude like, say, carlos condit; no doubt he pissed some people off in the diaz fight but he's still just not a hot-button fighter. 

i dont recall reading anyone devoting a thread to rampant condit huggery.  marquardt might be another example of a dude who gets love for certain fights but again, i can't think of anyone saying " I fucking love nate 'the great' marquardt, win or lose he's the cat's pajamas!!1"

1/24/13 7:40 PM
unfilter

SnapLocally - I don't see anyone swinging from Volkmann's scrotum.

EXACTLY.  even when he fought in minnesota, the response was tepid.

1/24/13 7:41 PM
Vidz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter - 
IDOHARM -  The Diaz brothers. I fully respect the training regimen and ability that both possess, but I pee a little when they get punched. Phone Post

now think of a dude like, say, carlos condit; no doubt he pissed some people off in the diaz fight but he's still just not a hot-button fighter. 

i dont recall reading anyone devoting a thread to rampant condit huggery.  marquardt might be another example of a dude who gets love for certain fights but again, i can't think of anyone saying " I fucking love nate 'the great' marquardt, win or lose he's the cat's pajamas!!1"

During my time on other MMA forums, including Sherdog I made numerous nut hugging threads about Condit.
1/24/13 7:41 PM
Vidz

unfilter - 

During my time on other MMA forums, including Sherdog I made numerous nut hugging threads about Condit.
1/24/13 7:42 PM
unfilter

Vidz - I struggle to root for Diaz on a forum due to the obnoxiousness of his nut huggers.

I respect the hell out of Dominick Cruz but I've noticed that I pick everyone over him, despite knowing theres a greater chance that he'd win.

Also Rashad Evans, fantastic fighter, but just has never really done anything in my eyes to make me think "Time to swing from his balls."

good call on dom and rashad.

i guess they both have had a pretty light schedule lately, that might account for the somewhat lukewarm huggery involving those two.

1/24/13 7:42 PM
unfilter

Vidz - 
unfilter - 

right but on the big boy forum?  nothing~

1/24/13 7:43 PM
unfilter

youarewhatiswrong - Nevermind, misread question

prove it, by responding incorrectly.

1/24/13 7:47 PM
unfilter

IDOHARM - 
unfilter -

I think it's just the fact that the Diaz brothers are incredibly easy to hate. Unlike a fighter like Condit or Marquardt, who are generally well spoken and rarely make good tabloid fodder. Phone Post

and by "rarely make good tabloid fodder," you mean "boring."

1/24/13 7:49 PM
unfilter

Chaelismyhero - Chael,Sherk,Pulver,MTB

c'mon man, chael's got huggers by the wombful.  seriously there's a whole new generation of chael huggers that's still in utero.

pulver?  did is like Nogueira or Tom Petty; everybody loves Jens, or at least they should.

good call on Sherk and MTB though, Mike Brown especially.  Dude is one of my special faves but rarely see him get much love, or much hate.

1/24/13 7:50 PM
Vidz

unfilter - 
Vidz - 
unfilter - 

There hasn't been a lot to nuthug as of recent, once the Rory fight comes closer I'll be all over them again.
1/24/13 7:56 PM
unfilter

Vidz - 
unfilter - 
Vidz - 
unfilter - 

There hasn't been a lot to nuthug as of recent, once the Rory fight comes closer I'll be all over them again.

lol~ yeah i think fighter activity has a lot to do with it, like i was saying about rashad and cruz.

some dudes are way better at keeping the focus on them too, even when they don't have a specific fight lined up, ie chael, rousey et al.

1/24/13 7:56 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't really hear many people asking when the next Okami fight is or anyone really dreading it
1/24/13 7:58 PM
unfilter

Stephen Holder - 
unfilter - 

Uhh yeah its probably true that as many people hate Nick and Nate as they have fans but mark my words when I say that if Nick beats GSP in two months, his popularity will skyrocket and those PPV buys will dwarf the entire populace of Canada three times over. Diaz has that Eminem wigger appeal and when given the proper spotlight, hes gonna be huge, the face of the UFC even. Dana wants that strap around a Diaz. Its fuckin gold for Zuffa.

yeah that's what i'm saying, diaz bros have that mystical intangible Hug Factor.  dudes will ride those nuts like a huffy.

charisma i guess, like knockout power you're just born with it~

1/24/13 7:59 PM
unfilter

OneGloveJimmerson - You don't really hear many people asking when the next Okami fight is or anyone really dreading it

lol yeah~

i was saying to my buddy that, " I hate seeing Okami lose but I don't really enjoy watching him win, either."

1/24/13 8:06 PM
Vidz

Mark Munoz may be another one, everyones a bit of a fence sitter on him I feel. No one seems to be really excited for his fights but they wouldn't not watch it because he is in it.

Demian Maia gets a lot of talk when he's got an upcoming fight as its usually quite critical to the division but no one in those threads really hypes Maia up in unbelievable fashion like other fighters nut huggers do. People are just spot on with Maia's abilities most of the time.

Can't say I've ever seen someone nut hug Gleison Tibau, but he puts on some good fights.

No real love or hatred for Eric Koch, the only thread I've seen about Eric Koch in the past few months was a thread asking why there weren't more threads about Eric Koch.
1/24/13 8:12 PM
unfilter

maia gets some love when he's in pure BJJ mode so i'd say that's arguable.  but yeah, dead on about munoz and tibau.  koch just hasnt frickin' fought in forever so that's not hard to figure out~

the real question is WHY these dudes don't inspire the same level of all-out, balls the wall, straight-up, sit-down borderline BEEP that other dudes do.

for every tibau, there's a leben

for every munoz or okami there's a pat barry or clay guida

1/24/13 8:19 PM
cantuna4u
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kawajiri. Phone Post
1/24/13 8:30 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter -
OneGloveJimmerson - You don't really hear many people asking when the next Okami fight is or anyone really dreading it

lol yeah~

i was saying to my buddy that, " I hate seeing Okami lose but I don't really enjoy watching him win, either."

I kind of thought about Okami when this was made. He's an awesome fighter, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't have huggers due to not being exciting.

I'd say Renan Barao doesn't seem to have a bunch of huggers even though he's pretty fun to watch and very good. Phone Post
1/24/13 8:43 PM
unfilter

Chaelismyhero - Ill never understand how somebody is a BJ Penn fan. He comes into fights out of shape. Its very disrespectful to the fans. He could of been the goat,but he just didnt have the drive. Just think if BJ had the work ethic of Sean Sherk.

yeah i have respect for BJ comin' out the wazoo but i never root for the guy; can't explain it

1/24/13 8:44 PM
unfilter

cantuna4u -  Kawajiri. Phone Post

Crusher!  oh man good one, maybe its inactivity combined with the lack of a real hallmark win of late?  dunno~

1/24/13 8:55 PM
Master Shredder
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabricio Werdum

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.